The Sun - Animal Cruity Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with hurting animals and treating them in a cruel way at all. I also don't agree with this whole "I WILL SLIT YOUR THROAT IF YOU EVER HURT AN ANIMAL EVER" approach. It is hilariously stupid.

You can normally tell whose a nice person or not by how they behave around animals.

A puppy is almost as dependant upon you as a new born baby, and while I would rank the baby's life as being more important than the dogs, it's not a huge gap. People who harm animals, however, are exactly the same as people who harm children in my eyes; bullys who get some sick satisfaction from hurting the defenseless and more than likely have some sort of mental issue.

If anyone tried to hurt Mindy (my dog) then I'd be almost as angry as if someone hurt my hypothetical kids.

This wasn't a post to take the piss out of, Think of all these helpless animals that are being killed, How would you act if it wasn't an animal but a human, your son, or brother/sister???,

Sorry, I was replying directly to this in particular.

We are talking cruelty to animals as being tourtured and fucked about for fun rather then straight out being killed right?

Mark posted on Oct 13 2005 at 09:40 PM said:
hypothetical kids.
Damn those hypothetical ones... they're always up to mischief..... stealing my hypothetical wife....

Last edited by a moderator:
lubidog posted on Oct 13 2005 at 09:01 PM said:
Nope, animals are far more important than we are!
To be honest I think animals are as important as us and just because we have developed more than other creatures doesent mean we are more important.

In summary, we are animals too... just more advanced - lucky us.

PinkSpider posted on Oct 13 2005 at 09:32 PM said:
To be honest I think animals are as important as us and just because we have developed more than other creatures doesent mean we are more important.
If we aren't more important why do we run the world. We are more important/dominant over animals and thus we must look after ourselves above them. With this superiority there is also a responsiblity to preserve and protect these other species.

Run the world? Surely we are ruining it? How many animals dump 100s of tons worth of shit in big piles?

Also if we ARE the superior creatures then surely we OWE the world something? Like not treating the balance of life like shit?

Ey?

Here are some of the shocking storys:

PUT IN BAG BEATEN TO DEATH

THIS kitten was put into a carrier bag then beaten to death with a wooden baton.

RSPCA experts were moved almost to tears when they removed the corpse.

Emma Jane Cherrett, 25, and her mother Patricia Smith, 47, were found guilty at Andover magistrates’ court, Hampshire. of cruelty.

HOOVES LEFT TO GROW TO 20in

NEGLECTED Mungo the pony had grotesque, twisted hooves 20 inches long when discovered by the RSPCA at filth-covered stables. Two other mares were put down as a result of their ill treatment.

Incredibly, pitifully weak Mungo was nursed back to health — and the owners were prosecuted. .

HANGED FROM
A SILVER BIRCH

THIS is The Sun picture that triggered the nation’s anger toward the perpetrator. This once graceful dalmatian dog was hanged from a silver birch tree by a rope with a noose at the end.

The dog has been identified as Spot, beloved pet of Becky Lynch, given to her as a wedding present by her partner, Andy Hartley. .

WEIGHED DOWN BY DUMBBELL

THIS pregnant cocker spaniel lies dead, a huge 22lb dumbbell weight tied to her lead.

She was found submerged in a river near Southampton. RSPCA chiefs were appalled.

Despite a massive investigation, the person responsible was never found.

KNIFED UNTIL
SHE LOST AN EYE

SOPHIE the tabby cat lost an eye when she was repeatedly stabbed by a maniac who was never found. Loving RSPCA carers in Penzance, Cornwall, nursed her gently back to health.

One official said: “She had lots of guts. Many an animal would have died after what she went through.”

PUSS SHOT WITH A CROSSBOW

PUCCINI, a five-year-old tom cat, miraculously survived after being shot through the neck with an arrow from a crossbow.

His owner Ruth Morris, from Orleton, Ludlow, said: “How could anyone be so cruel — this is just inhuman!”

Vets successfully removed the arrow.

STARVED ... TO FUR
AND BONES

PIPPA the dog is shown as she was found by the RSPCA in an outhouse in Tamworth, Staffs.

She weighed just 14lbs, scarcely had the strength to stand and was close to death.

A rescuer said: “She could barely wag her tail . . . all she could do was gaze at us with those terribly sad eyes. It was heartbreaking.”

Now you tell me how upsetting that is to read?

The fu*kers responsable should be shot & dumped in the gutter, I really feel so strongly about this, Animals have everymuch right being here as we do yet you get COWARDS doing this to helpless animals, If i ever catch them they WILL PAY

Yes, people like that deserve a kicking to death.

Cruelty to animals is doing to something which cant really resist... and if an animal bites you for shit it gets put down.

True story: My auties dog was put down for biting their kids. BUT this is the most bastard thing I have ever heard, this dog bit me when I was a kid, BUT only because its not a dog who is good around kids, dogs dont like being hot on the nose it seems, yet they put it around kids who did this. As soon as I was like 16 this was one of the nice, non threatening dogs ever. But they put him around kids.

I hate some people. - Max was an ace dog.

Laws have to be changed & harder punishments,

Why does someone get life in jail for killing someone but someone who kills a dog may only get 6 months or a small fine???, Its a JOKE, It should be the same no matter what is killed as killing is killing at the end of the day

Although I am sickened...I have to question everything that comes from 'The Scum'.

So, I won't be signing anything to do with that filth, it's a pity, because if true, it's hellish stuff.

I know what you mean about it being a tabloid issue. The Sun once rounded on Peopaphiles (?), and ended up inciting a mob of angry idiots trying to burn down some poor piedietricians (?) house-true story.

But I hate these chavs more, I could bore you with the stories of what we had to put up with living next to these guys. They slashed 50grand off the value of my house, and I still feel guilty after having sold it (Today after a 18 months, and it's a very nice house from the front! Just those bastards living behind...)

I could never, and I mean never let our dog into the back garden, cos they would try to get to her. And around where I lived (south Wales) there is a very bad Dog Fighting tradition. So my beautiful, spoilt lovely dog, my innocent friend etc. would have been taken, beaten up, messed around with until she could take it no longer, just for the fun (!!!!) of a few minutes being ripped apart by some other poor bastards dog.

She's now safe and wll in a more civilised country (Germany!)

geekylad posted on Oct 13 2005 at 11:01 PM said:

Why does someone get life in jail for killing someone but someone who kills a dog may only get 6 months or a small fine???, Its a JOKE, It should be the same no matter what is killed as killing is killing at the end of the day
Hi Bargainbassments.

Screw animal cruelty laws. It's survival of the fittest.

Lots of times on cold autumn nights when the deer are looking for shelter in the woods, I like to stalk their young and ride them. They gallop left and right, trying to throw me off, but it is futile since I am an unstoppable human.

They taste delicious as well.

PinkSpider posted on Oct 13 2005 at 09:50 PM said:
Run the world? Surely we are ruining it? How many animals dump 100s of tons worth of shit in big piles?
Irrelevant. We dominate the world and are pretty much superior to all other animals on earth. You may not like that idea but it's fact.

PinkSpider posted on Oct 13 2005 at 09:50 PM said:
Also if we ARE the superior creatures then surely we OWE the world something? Like not treating the balance of life like shit?
I said that. We have a responsibility to use our resources efficiently and respectfully. However, we have to treat the balance of life like shit in order to survive. We need animal testing and animals for food and products to sustain our population. The only thing I don't agree with is this random sadism.

geekylad posted on Oct 13 2005 at 10:01 PM said:

BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING ANIMALS. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KILLING A CHILD AND KILLING A PUPPY EVEN IF BOTH EVENTS ARE WRONG! HUMANS ARE MUCH, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN CUTE ANIMALS IN PRETTY MUCH ANY SITUATION.

Sam, you have said it exactly. Sorry Klown, but Sam is the one talking sense there.

Klown, Your wrong on this one, Animals are just as important on this planet as we are, Its NOT our planet, Animals were here way before us, We evolved from animals & if it wasn't for animals we wouldn't be here today

I was saying that even if someone kills an animal they should be treated the same as killing a human for the simple reason because its wrong, If someonw can "hang" a dog from a lead on a tree then I wouldn't like to see or think what these sick people could do to a human or child

Klown- Humans are animals.

And just because we seem to be more powerful, does that justify animal cruelty? Using that logic, it would be fine for George Bush to murder and eat you.

The reason this thread turned into a joke is because of the way it centred on the Sun's campaign. Did animal cruelty not exist before the Sun told you about it? Why does the Sun, a mindless, rightwing, racist publication take such a stand? Its all about circulation.

It's sad, but it seems as if because it's the sun doing this, it is making it worse, not better.

But the RSPCA (not an organisation I particularly like) have been saying the same thing for ages, and they were ignored. So what do you do? Have a concert full of wannabee nobodies desparate to sell their records on the back of a here today gone tomorrow good cause?

The more I think about it, the more I despair. This is the populace today. And Klown believes these 'people' are more deserving than animals.

(PS. Why did you feel the need to use the word 'cute' Klown? I am from the country. My Dad was a hunter, and I am a fisherman. But no one could care as much as me about animal welfare, and I figure most of the ones here who support stricter penalties against animal cruelty are the same. The violent activists are idiots, but we are not all like this....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back