This just reminded me.

Jourdy288 said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
puppydee said:
Get a dog! stupid thread :ph34r:

never a dog, but cats, lots of em
only animals we do have, is a budgie :)
I think he will like the pandora...
In an attempt to make this thread relevant, has anybody thought of an animal sim, like with aquariums? I have a copy of Aquazone for PC, it's quite excellent. You breed, feed, and watch your fish grow. Simple concept, can be quite interesting.

With a working DC emulator, we get seaman.

But obviously the mic was a massive part of the game, will a usb mic be able to do the same on the emulator, or do we just not know yet?

I know, bit of an odd question...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, I forgot the pandora has a built in mic.

So, yeah, will that work with the game?

AFAIK no one has emulated the mic yet.
But the real question remains to be asked:
Do we really want a portable Seaman?

guizm said:
Can anyone please explain what's all this about DC mics and Seaman please?
DC = dreamcast
Seaman is game on it
it uses a mic in some compacity in the game
If I remember correctly was some kind of fishing game
Anything more would mean me googling it and I'm not on a keyboard

Na-Noo said:
guizm said:
Can anyone please explain what's all this about DC mics and Seaman please?
DC = dreamcast
Seaman is game on it
it uses a mic in some compacity in the game
Anything more would mean me googling it and I'm not on a keyboard
Seaman was a virtual pet game with a talking fish/human as your pet. You could talk to it, and it would answer back a seemingly intelligent answer. Some of the conversations were very funny. Classic game.

Na-Noo said:
Close. It's a game where you raise creepy fishman creatures (which has a bit in common with 1998's Pikachu Genki Dechu/Hey You, Pikachu!). :p

seaman--article_image.jpg

Leonard Nimoy did some voice-work in it.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p

Prometheus said:
Na-Noo said:
Close. It's a game where you raise creepy fishman creatures (which has a bit in common with 1998's Pikachu Genki Dechu/Hey You, Pikachu!). :p

seaman--article_image.jpg

Leonard Nimoy did some voice-work in it.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p
Looks like a bloody horror game! I blocked that sh!t out :blink:
One I was thinking of came with fishing attachment thingy.

Na-Noo said:
One I was thinking of came with fishing attachment thingy.

That was SEGA Bass Fishing (or Get Bass as it was originally known). It was a very good game, although it had a few shortcomings - you could only catch bass (surprise surprise). There were very few locations. There was no free-play mode with unrestricted fishing time. SEGA did try to fix these faults with SEGA Marine Fishing, but catching fish was nigh on impossible and not at all fun. It was recently released on Wii, but without any obvious improvements (even the graphics were the same as the 10 year old game :().

The controller wasn't anything like a real fishing rod, but it was still pretty good.

Oi... I was thinking about Aquazone for the Sega Saturn... it's evident that the Dreamcast brought it too far!

Aquazone:

Seaman:

I think first you should worry about whether or not the Dreamcast emulator can play this game at 100% speed, because otherwise all its voice recognition algorithms are going to hear is a choppy mess or a chipmunk.

Or worse yet, how it would sound.
Scary as it looks, may just give people nightmares

Exophase said:
I think first you should worry about whether or not the Dreamcast emulator can play this game at 100% speed, because otherwise all its voice recognition algorithms are going to hear is a choppy mess or a chipmunk.

exophase chiming in to spoil everyones fun as usual. mr pessimism eh.

Paradox said:
exophase chiming in to spoil everyones fun as usual. mr pessimism eh.

That's not pessimism, that's fact. If the emulator doesn't play the game at 100% speed then the whole thing won't work very well. I didn't say anything about whether or not it will - that people will just have to see. But it's certainly not a foregone conclusion.

Back