The Sun - Animal Cruity Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empyre posted on Oct 17 2005 at 11:40 PM said:
geekylad posted on Oct 17 2005 at 10:23 PM said:
Hunting is wrong full stop, its such a cruel way of killing animals & noone can deny that, How would you like it if I hunted you with a gun & a pack of dogs? I rekon you'd shit yourself, Then think of how the hunted animal feels before it is killed in a slow & painful way, Who the hell can argue against that? Oh yes the posh horse owning "im better than you" type, you know the ones, its the people who drive the jags & bentlys expecting you to clear the road for them because they are better than us, The ones that take their own shopping bags to tesco (I mean Marks & spencers cause its more posh!) & the ones that wear REAL fur coats, Wine £250 a bottle anyone? cherio!, taa taa!, Make me so angry  :angry:

Hunting isn't wrong per-se, lots of people hunt, they have to or they dont eat.
Hunting for sport is wrong.
Hunting to excess is wrong.

In response to your comment though, the fox does tend to die very quickly once its been caught. Also its not just the gentry who fox hunt so its not fair to say its just the posh horse owners.

If it weren't such a serious subject it would be quite funny to watch the people who are pro-hunt using all the same bullshit reasons to justify an act of barbarism when in the end it all comes down to them not wanting to loose something they have traditionally been able to do quite freely. In these enlightened times we have a greater environmental conscience and know hunting to be devastating to the ecosystem.

It's akin to smokers bemoaning the fact that they have banned smoking in all cinema's, public transport and soon all public places. They know its wrong to smoke, that they are killing themselves and those around them, but they don't want to stop because they were always allowed to in the past. In these enlightened times we know that smoking will kill us (or worse, not kill us but leave us with missing limbs, heart disease and lung cancer).

Enlightenment only reaches those who wish to be enlightened, the ignorant stick to the old ways until they (thankfully) die and get replaced by a wiser generation.

Thats why I'm so saddened by deadlychicken22, hes only a kid and should know better than his parents. I suppose he is American, that does explain the lack of environmental conscience.

You arrogant condescending twat!

How the HELL is Hunting bad for the envoiroment! Come on! jeez!

Are you telling me, that you in your superior 'enlightened' state knows more about the balances of the natural world than someone who actually lives in it??? I repeat, the person I knew who knew more about what really happens in Nature was a Gamekeper!!!! It was his job, he was there.

I hate fucking city dwelling student suit wearing idiots who tell me how things that they assert ae true and are simply not!

Arghhh!!!!

I'm losing it, breath in the baf, calm down calm down.

You guys wouldn't know a Stoat if it it you in the balls. You'd probably try to smoke it!!!!

Enlightened twat!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't like the thought of hunting because of the way the hunted animal meets its death, Look at the seal hunting in canada, They beat seals with battans, skin them alive, Its been reserched that these seals can take upto 55 minutes to die in the most painful way after being beaten or skinned, Now thats what I disagree with, Fox-Hunting is not on the same level as seal hunting or whale hunting but I still don't like the thought of an animal being chased being terrified then meeting its death by getting torn apart & this is classed as a sport? I have never understood the people behind it & as to why they do it? They may have reasons but at the end of the day there is absolutly noone that can disagree with me & say the hunted animal doesn't feel the terror or pain of its death, I just think its a horrible way to kill an animal,

When i mentioned "posh people" I wasn't just pointing the finger to them as many normal people hunt to but the higher percentage of posh people hunt for the simple reason that they have the money to own horses, packs of dogs & guns etc, A normal everyday person from a council estate couldn't afford it!

My love of animals & my love to try & protect them makes me feel this way about any hunting, Maybe if the hunting was done differently then yes maybe it wouldn't be as bad but killing a helpless animal by chasing it through woods with horses guns & dogs then it getting torn apart is not my idea of fun

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 01:34 AM said:
I don't believe these things because my parents tell me to, these are my own thoughts i'm writing.

Of course they are! If your parents were against hunting you would still think it's ok to shoot animals <_<

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 01:34 AM said:
There are many people here who believe exactly what you're saying, however, the majority of people don't. I really don't want to get into an argument over this, so I'll leave it at that.

I think you'll find that if you remove Americans from the equation, the majority are against hunting.

Americans don't care about anything as long as it doesn't affect oil prices or thier way of life as evidenced by the war in iraq and bushes refusal to sign the kyoto accord.

lubidog posted on Oct 18 2005 at 08:33 AM said:
You arrogant condescending twat!
Nice! I'd have expected something more eloquent from a big nose poet! Interesting how the rest of your post is both arrogant and condescending :blink:
How the HELL is Hunting bad for the envoiroment! Come on! jeez!
Just ask a mountain gorilla (30 pairs left) or a dodo (oh you cant ask them, too late), maybe ask a whale.

Hunting for sport or gain is destroying the ecosystem, I have no problem with hunting for survival.
Are you telling me, that you in your superior 'enlightened' state knows more about the balances of the natural world than someone who actually lives in it??? I repeat, the person I knew who knew more about what really happens in Nature was a Gamekeper!!!! It was his job, he was there.
I think I live in the natural world, I certainly live on this planet.
Country 'folk' are the worst! They battery farm animals in the cruelest conditions that govt standards allow, disregard proper crop rotation in favour of high yield cash crops until they've leeched all the nutirents from the soil and all they can grow on it is rapeseed for govt subsidy, feed dead sheep to cows and cause BSE and all with a 'we are the guardians of the land' type attitude.
I hate fucking city dwelling student suit wearing idiots who tell me how things that they assert ae true and are simply not!
I'm a city dweller but i'm not a student or suit wearing (and whats wrong with fucking?). If you hunt or farm with your main priority being money rather than the welfare of the animals and land you are doing wrong and shouldn't be allowed to live in the country.
You guys wouldn't know a Stoat if it it you in the balls. You'd probably try to smoke it!!!!
Well i wouldn't hunt it, kill it, skin it and wear it :p
Enlightened twat!!!!
Your kind are thankfully becoming extinct, I just wish you'd realise it and stop twitching. Let the rest of us get on with trying to repair the damage you have done to the world. Lets hope we're not too late!

geekylad posted on Oct 18 2005 at 09:20 AM said:
I just don't like the thought of hunting because of the way the hunted animal meets its death, Look at the seal hunting in canada, They beat seals with battans, skin them alive, Its been reserched that these seals can take upto 55 minutes to die in the most painful way after being beaten or skinned, Now thats what I disagree with, Fox-Hunting is not on the same level as seal hunting or whale hunting but I still don't like the thought of an animal being chased being terrified then meeting its death by getting torn apart & this is classed as a sport? I have never understood the people behind it & as to why they do it? They may have reasons but at the end of the day there is absolutly noone that can disagree with me & say the hunted animal doesn't feel the terror or pain of its death, I just think its a horrible way to kill an animal,

When i mentioned "posh people" I wasn't just pointing the finger to them as many normal people hunt to but the higher percentage of posh people hunt for the simple reason that they have the money to own horses, packs of dogs & guns etc, A normal everyday person from a council estate couldn't afford it!

My love of animals & my love to try & protect them makes me feel this way about any hunting, Maybe if the hunting was done differently then yes maybe it wouldn't be as bad but killing a helpless animal by chasing it through woods with horses guns & dogs then it getting torn apart is not my idea of fun

I have an idea, maybe they should take these hunting groups out of the countryside and send them after scamming bastards stealing peoples money over the internet ...

Empyre posted on Oct 16 2005 at 10:18 PM said:
lubidog posted on Oct 16 2005 at 02:05 PM said:
Just tell me how you would conrol the fox population....?
Why would we want or need to control the fox population?
Because they're destroying peoples livestock and crops. They are vermin and a huge pest like rats.

I agree that there are massive problems with hunting in the areas you mentioned. But saying "country folk are the worst", well. We should all come to the city and learn from you!

If you had any alround view, you would know that the people that set up battery farms are never the rural farmers, they are run as businesses by people from business backgrounds.

I don't hunt, I think it is cruel. I do fish, fishes is also cruel. But the amount of money that fishing raises that is ploughed back into the natural world is fantastic. When I met my wife, she thought fishing was bad. So I took her to a river where the local council had banned fishing. She was appalled. Shopping trollies, traffic cones, no sustainable fish life, the river was completely grown over, it was a mess. Then we went to a river where I paid a yearly subscription to fish, beautiful. No litter, as we went every 1st sunday of the month to river walk and clean up the litter. We kept the banks cropped. We would organise watches to make sure that if a rare bird built a nest, we would protect it from visitors. WE DID THIS! US THE HATED HUNTERS/FISHERS!!!!!

So sit there, and slag of what I and others do. You'll proberbly get yur way, and soon the rural life will fall to rack and ruin. You haven't a real clue about what actually happens in the countryside. Not a clue. Yet you say you are the 'Enlightened one'. I thought my 'condescending Twat' comment was quite restrained. But you certainly are.

The major hunting problems in the world, like seal culling, whale hunting and over fishing in the north sea, are all carried out by industries. The eskimos who hunt for food and clothes cause the world no harm! They understand balance. All the problems in this natural world are created by people involving themselves in areas they don't ubderstand. The people that live in the ecosystem understand that preservation is a future. So "Country folk are the worst" just shows you up to be the berk you are.

There is hunting and hunting. So again, are you going to 'educate' native Afrikans in the art of shopping at Tesco? Well? Humm? Answer please...?

Jarska333 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 12:41 PM said:
Would a mod please close this thread? It's stupid. :( And has nothing to do with chavs being cruel to animals. :huh:
Agreed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back