The One Nub Club

Very tempted to take up this offer. I'm in the 800-900 spot, and at this rate it will take a couple of more months before I receive it. I've read through 8 pages of this stuff, and I haven't seen anyone that hasn't gotten it to work yet. I'm at the edge... can someone nudge me?

I joined the one nub club today
position around 3000. will arrive next 22 to my home :)

I joined because i am going to use 20% gaming, 80% minipc/pda
I just want it to arrive and help porting appz, bug hunting and trying to make it work as a GPS (with an external BT receiver)

maybe I will try to repair the nub in the future. thanks you guys for all the info and photos. I will help also as soon the pandora arrives.

Beware those that take up this offer. If you do get 2 working nubs, but you accidentally break one like I did mine, they won't fix it under warranty. Wait ... would they still fix it for you even if you accidentally broke one from the normal fully working Pandora orders?

Even still, they ARE fragile! Definitely more fragile then PSP or other analog sticks I've used. Be careful! :)

tony11@hotmail.com said:
SirisC said:
I received my "one nub" Pandora today (110 days after ordering) with two perfectly functioning nubs. And as for the d-pad, superb, I found it easier to pull of dragon punches on the Pandora than on my Genesis. Still have a few things I'm having trouble with, but this is the wrong thread for that and the nubs are perfect.

I recieved my "one nub" Pandora yesterday, and all i needed to do was reset the right nub and it now works perfectly. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

What did. You do to fix it.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping to get my one nubber before the week, but it looks like it is not going to happen. So sad...

Hopefully it will come Monday. Its been 9 days since I've received my shipping email today. I'm on the east coast of the US.

MUMBL35 said:
Was hoping to get my one nubber before the week, but it looks like it is not going to happen. So sad...

Hopefully it will come Monday. Its been 9 days since I've received my shipping email today. I'm on the east coast of the US.
cool i got my email on the fourteenth and hopefully will arrive soon, i live in Illinois

mali said:
That's funny, I didn't know air in cans exists :lol:
I guess not everybody has got a compressor at home.

Can of lighter butaine? Comes out in gas form provided you keep the can upright.

Bigun said:
Very tempted to take up this offer. I'm in the 800-900 spot, and at this rate it will take a couple of more months before I receive it. I've read through 8 pages of this stuff, and I haven't seen anyone that hasn't gotten it to work yet. I'm at the edge... can someone nudge me?

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm just going to wait, it can't be too long! It's so hard to wait when we're this close though

Got my one nubber, Can't fix dodgy nub it moves up and left ok but right and down it moves at half the speed doesn't bother me tho
i'm a retro fan i brought a pandora because i wanted a gp2x on steriods with a dpad,And the dpad doesn't disapoint :)

So my one nubber arrived on tuesday and to be honest I couldn't tell which nub was supposed to be faulty. I did notice occasional slow down in one direction on the left nub and occasionally the right nub didn't recognise when I pressed at a specific angle, but nothing which I would call a problem.

I was all prepared to come on here and say I would have to leave the club, however, I had a problem with minimenu and had to reflash the firmware. Immediately after this the left nub would not move to the left, so I switched the pandora off. When I rebooted I 'recalibrated' the nubs (ie mash them in all directions whilst the system loads up) and both nubs are working fine now. So my problem seems to be intermittent but nowhere near as bad as I was fearing!

Thats normal behavior for working nubs marc81. Just make sure nubs are perfectly centered when turning the pandora on.

The ones that don't work right are the ones that dont center, or there is noticeable grinding feel when moving the nub in a full circle (and the mouse moves in erratic directions).

^ ty mali
I am down for a one nubber, as I ordered early 2010..

what console controllers can be paired with a pandora? I am unfamiliar with which are bluetooth, ps3 perhaps?

I can see a ps3 controller hacked in half attached to each side of my pandora..

What would (anyone) guess would be the ratio of one-nubbers that have been fixable? I ordered late 2009, so either I wait ages or try and get in on this one nub queue skip :p

posting from my"one nub" pandora
finally received it today (ordered oct 2009 shipped 6/8)
left nub grinds when moved in a full circle other than that its okay
still using left nub for mouse

I received my one nubber today. Both nubs seemed to have some trouble moving in certain directions. I don't notice any kind of grinding or anything though. I did a restart and did the calibration dance and they both are working a lot better. I'm going to keep playing with it and make some videos. Overall the build quality is fantastic. A lot better than I expected. More to come.

Back