The One Nub Club

MUMBL35 said:
I received my one nubber today. Both nubs seemed to have some trouble moving in certain directions. I don't notice any kind of grinding or anything though. I did a restart and did the calibration dance and they both are working a lot better. I'm going to keep playing with it and make some videos. Overall the build quality is fantastic. A lot better than I expected. More to come.

So I've used the Pandora for a whole day and I can't really see any nub issues anymore. Like MDave said, I center the nubs perfectly myself when I restart. They don't go to the center completely on their own, so I move them slightly to get them there. I was playing Hexen II without any issues as well as Mario 64. I may open them up and clean them with some rubbing alcohol this weekend though and see if they will work even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally made my decision to join the boards and join the one nub club. I couldn't stand to possibly wait till the end of the summer. My order shipped out today. Hopefully I will be as fortunate as some of you were.

Yeah, I ordered November 2009, so that's close to the back of the queue. Couldn't resist going for a one nub! Just got my dispatch confirmation :D If it's unfixable... ah well, there's a batch 2 ;)

Viral18 said:
Yeah, I ordered November 2009, so that's close to the back of the queue. Couldn't resist going for a one nub! Just got my dispatch confirmation :D If it's unfixable... ah well, there's a batch 2 ;)

or you could place another order if someone cancels? ;)

I am joining the one-nub-club!!!! Got my dispatch e-mail a few hours ago. In some amount of days (airmail), I will have my Pandora!

Made a request to get a Pandora with at least the left nub working (for PSX/N64 games the most important nub in my opinion). Was no problem, so I will be very happy with that.

I ordered March this year, so I am cutting the line by a lot.

I hope to be posting my findings very soon.

The one nub club membership will now be closed unless we find anymore issues. The next bacth (400) should be pretested at the factory (although I'm sure a few will sneak past and the club will be open again!).

We have 5 units left and will put them on ebay as we have had dozens of emails asking to buy any left over one nub units.

I've also kept some for devs (and sent some to devs too).

craigix said:
The one nub club membership will now be closed unless we find anymore issues. The next bacth (400) should be pretested at the factory (although I'm sure a few will sneak past and the club will be open again!).

We have 5 units left and will put them on ebay as we have had dozens of emails asking to buy any left over one nub units.

Wow...Lucky me I guess. I was just in time to get one :p

craigix said:

So far I have tried to remain 100% impartial and simply report facts, however I feel I must respond here.

If the demand of "one nub" units now outstrips supply, would it not be fairer to draw names at random?

If these five units are placed on eBay when existing customers are willing to take them as their unit it seems rather unfair.

As for the money going towards the project, I'm not sure exactly what that means?

P.P.

craigix said:
There are not outstripping supply.

Those are left over, we let everyone who wanted one have one.

Maybe I have misundertood?

When you said "We have 5 units left and will put them on ebay as we have had dozens of emails asking to buy any left over one nub units" I took that to mean that you had 5 left but dozens of people wanting them?

P.P.

pandoraproduction said:
craigix said:

When you said "We have 5 units left and will put them on ebay as we have had dozens of emails asking to buy any left over one nub units" I took that to mean that you had 5 left but dozens of people wanting them?

P.P.

People who didn't preorder - ie new comers.

craigix said:
pandoraproduction said:
craigix said:

P.P.

People who didn't preorder - ie new comers.

Ah, I see now.

craigix said:

So the next batch of boards from the factory will be 400? Will they continue to come in batches of that size, for the forseeable future? How often will they be sending them, and when is this one due?

craigix said:

What will the starting price be?
How many one-nub units were there in total? There were 10 from the last set of 200 (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54468-200-finished-some-one-nubbers-available/page__view__findpost__p__876722) though I feel like I saw more people than that post in this thread afterward. There were all the ones from before. And now there are 5 extras, along with some unknown number of one-nub units for devs. What was the failure rate?

benji_stein said:
craigix said:

So the next batch of boards from the factory will be 400? Will they continue to come in batches of that size, for the forseeable future? How often will they be sending them, and when is this one due?

craigix said:

What will the starting price be?
How many one-nub units were there in total? There were 10 from the last set of 200 (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54468-200-finished-some-one-nubbers-available/page__view__findpost__p__876722) though I feel like I saw more people than that post in this thread afterward. There were all the ones from before. And now there are 5 extras, along with some unknown number of one-nub units for devs. What was the failure rate?

I've not worked out the rate of fail on them yet, but I think we had about 40 - some as you can see were not faulty after all. We do know what caused the situation though and it has been addressed. I'm not saying we will never have faulty nubs again - no doubt each batch will produce a few.

The factory send the boards when they are ready, we have told them quality is far more important than speed, however I expect the batches to grown rather like:

400, 600, 800, 1000 as they get more confident. There isn't going to be a gap between batch1 ending and batch2 beginning (well ok, I might take a week off!) so it should speed up nicely.

hum, yes, I would not mind ordering a "one nub" as a second one (I have a pandora on order @ED since 2008) but not at ebay prices.
So I guess i'll just sit it out then.

Ollonk said:
So, is there hope of late Batch 1 getting a Pandora before October, possibly? (It would be a nice birthday present :p )

Yes all units should be shipped before October, October is when the batch2 stuff is being delivered, so we will be right in to that for the Christmas rush.

We will be doing about ~250 a week from July, moving the figure about to get the right quality vs. speed.

Back