The One Nub Club

So based on that information and my estimated queue position I should get mine in about... two months! :D

craigix said:
Ollonk said:
So, is there hope of late Batch 1 getting a Pandora before October, possibly? (It would be a nice birthday present :p )

Yes all units should be shipped before October, October is when the batch2 stuff is being delivered, so we will be right in to that for the Christmas rush.

We will be doing about ~250 a week from July, moving the figure about to get the right quality vs. speed.

Those estimates are what I wanted to know, so thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
The factory send the boards when they are ready, we have told them quality is far more important than speed, however I expect the batches to grown rather like:

400, 600, 800, 1000 as they get more confident. There isn't going to be a gap between batch1 ending and batch2 beginning (well ok, I might take a week off!) so it should speed up nicely.

I think you're overloading the word "batch" here. First you speak of eatch "batch" of production, (let's call it a "round" or "run" of production), and the one-nub failures, which seems reasonable. Then you speak of "batch 2", presumably the second set of 4000 ordered pandoras.

I was asking about the former, for how many boards at a time, and therefore how frequently (and quickly) you'll be building/shipping Pandoras. Specifically about how often they're shipping those 400, 600, etc. boards. Weekly? Monthly? Do we have more cases on the way, yet?

Here's to hoping your 250/week starting in July (when in July? early or late?) is accurate.

Still wondering about your starting bid price for the one-nubbers' actuions.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANDORA-CONSOLE-OPEN-SOURCE-HANDHELD-GAMING-SYSTEM-/260625106812?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cae77877c#ht_957wt_911

Don't suppose there 100% right nubs that don't work. Reckon I could live with that ;p

So, um... any room in the one-nub club for us no-nubbers?

Of course, I'm hoping to get at least to one nub, but I'm not betting on it.

Last week joined the one nub club, and today my pandora arrived, I charged the battery, applied hot fix two, and installed the codec file, the turned the unit off, and while the system was booting aligned the nubs and all is working fine.

I have tested several mp3 files and avi files and all is working with no issues.

I then installed several emulators and will be giving a through review shortly.

Overall nits better than I imagined.

craigix said:
meandu229 said:
i have a wierd black box i cant get open with it looks about the size of a battery,, what is it?

A battery box.

DON'T OPEN THE BOX. For god's sake haven't you learnt anything from the original Pandora herself?

craigix said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANDORA-CONSOLE-OPEN-SOURCE-HANDHELD-GAMING-SYSTEM-/260625106812?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cae77877c#ht_957wt_911

All gone! Might order myself a knitted Pandora Sock though. :p

ED/MWeston/Craigix

Do you guys have any idea when spare nubs will be available to purchase separately?

I'm sure there are other one/no nubbers wanting that question answered

jonlad1 said:
ED/MWeston/Craigix

Do you guys have any idea when spare nubs will be available to purchase separately?

I'm sure there are other one/no nubbers wanting that question answered

I guess a more direct question would be if people can just sent back a one nub/no nub pandora and just pay for it to get fixed Evildragon style.

Game_over posted on 22 June 2010 said:
shadow.8 posted on 22 June 2010 said:
I asked this question in the forums and haven't received an answer so I thought I would send an email. If I decided to get a one nub Pandora could I get it fixed later? I would be more than happy to pay for the part and labor. If so, what would that cost? Also, would my warranty cover that nub after being fixed?

No the faulty nub can not be fixed. It seems from the feedback that some of the faulty nub's do work after some tweaking but we can't guarantee this.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

Seems the answer is no... :(

It seems like Jacquelyn has not quite understood what you were asking? Or maybe GBAX doesn't want to deal with them at all. They're not the only option though, perhaps ED or MW would do it for a fee. Or even better, buy the nubs and get it done locally (assuming you can buy them at all, it's been said in the past that you might be able to at some stage).

I can't see any of this happening before the complete first batch is shipped though.

Gruso said:
It seems like Jacquelyn has not quite understood what you were asking? Or maybe GBAX doesn't want to deal with them at all. They're not the only option though, perhaps ED or MW would do it for a fee. Or even better, buy the nubs and get it done locally (assuming you can buy them at all, it's been said in the past that you might be able to at some stage).

I can't see any of this happening before the complete first batch is shipped though.

Agreed, I can't imagine they would fix these before the first batch is out, if they would even consider it.

Personally, this email made up my mind. I would prefer to have a fully functioning Pandora shipped to me. What's a few more months anyway? I trust you haven't lost your way Gruso? :p

Scott Rusoff said:
Last week joined the one nub club, and today my pandora arrived, I charged the battery, applied hot fix two, and installed the codec file, the turned the unit off, and while the system was booting aligned the nubs and all is working fine.

I have tested several mp3 files and avi files and all is working with no issues.

I then installed several emulators and will be giving a through review shortly.

Overall nits better than I imagined.

I am also in the one-nub-club. Got my Pandora this morning. It's sitting there charging on my desk. have a full day of work remaining here, so I'm letting it charge and will commence with the good stuff this evening.

Gruso said:
Or maybe GBAX doesn't want to deal with them at all.

I think this may be the case, as I asked basically the same question with different wording when I went to order my one-nub. Ah well, might give repairing a go some point, but I'm a little paranoid about breaking the unit :p

I asked for a one nubber and got it last week. However, after powering it up it worked perfectly :D
I am well pleased as I was probably about 3000 in the queue.

Gary_ramsgate said:
I asked for a one nubber and got it last week. However, after powering it up it worked perfectly :D
I am well pleased as I was probably about 3000 in the queue.

Seems to be working well here too. I asked for a working left nub, but the right seems to be working almost fine as well. It has a slightly different feel to it though. Maybe that was the reason for disapproving it. It feels a bit weak to one side.

Back