The Official Craig Criticism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
notaz is great. Ya'll are overreacting and super biased. You wouldn't all be this pissy he didn't create a thread just for this.. oh wait he clearly didn't, it's obvious Gadgetoid split this thread off for him and give it the stupid title, but for some reason he doesn't want to say that in so many words... Yeah I know you think notaz has some kind of personal vendetta against Craig or is acting on baseless rumors. That's pretty insulting, you know, to say he's that kind of guy? It's not like it's unthinkable for him to have a valid complaint for something Craig does that he doesn't like. For god's sake, you're acting like he's burning an effigy. Craig's a polarizing dude, get used to it. Now I know the two of us have had our history too; in this case I'm gonna say that I'm not so much against him but I see the reason for misdirection because he's not being that transparent about things (oh and WizardStan agrees with me.. wow I'm kind of a prick for dragging him into this out of nowhere, lolz)

ALSO, this isn't the least bit appropriate but I'm gonna say it anyway - I fully recognize that if not for Craig Pandora wouldn't have happened and no one is really going to be able to deny that Pandora is unique/special/unmatched, seriously, I mean that and the sad thing is I can't think of a single other person I can give quite the same credit to. But without notaz Pandora wouldn't provide the half experience it does. And here's the thing - without Pandora notaz's stuff would be on lots of other platforms like its always been, but without notaz Pandora would be fucked. Just saying.

I agree with all of that Exophase. And I'm sober.

I must admit Craig's OP in the $1 Pandora thread reminded me a little of that old classic: "In order to accept this upgrade..." But there was nothing dodgy going on back then, and there isn't now - just some wording that could have used another few minutes in the spin dryer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with all of that Exophase. And I'm sober.

I must admit Craig's OP in the $1 Pandora thread reminded me a little of that old classic: "In order to accept this upgrade..." But there was nothing dodgy going on back then, and there isn't now - just some wording that could have used another few minutes in the spin dryer.

Hi all. From a lurker's perspective, Gruso nailed it. At this point I internally put anything Craig says through my mental spin dryer. He may not be much for words but I've never read anything that would suggest malicious behavior. I think it's all the waiting that makes other forum-goers so quick to be negative. But honestly, just get your refund and leave already, you know? I'mma go back to waiting for my Pandora now.

This forum has become a den of imbeciles, fanboys and circlejerkers.
Maybe it only happens everytime the OP production is stopped...

Everyone is frustrated.

As Yoda said :

"Frustration leads to anger,

anger leads to pain,

pain leads to be a moron on internet forums."

The only criticism I have of craig is he is not drinking enough vodka, obviously.

Otherwise we would've seen another drunken video-blog about some random antic that has nothing to do with the Pandora, iControlpad or anything/anyone on the forum.

This greatly disappoints me :(

I miss Craig's insane videos. Although after falling off a roof in one of them, I suspect he was forced to give up video production and become a wheelchair bound psychic warrior against evil.

I must admit I'm surprised this thread is still here. Ive never ever seen a thread allowed on any forum which solely targeted an individual for criticism . How on earth has this thread not been shut down already?. It would be against the rules of any forum to have a thread like this, but here one exists on openpandora, have we really stooped this low?.

If you didn't catch my earlier post, this was split from another thread by me.

Craig, in this capacity, isn't an individual. He acts as OpenPandora Ltd and thus it's perfectly valid to want to criticise his processes and decisions. This thread is now, however, for personal attacks or abuse... that wouldn't be constructive.

I'm surprised everyone is so shocked by it. Nobody seems to mind the barrages of criticism that derail every other thread... yet on-topic criticism is somehow taboo?

Forum. I am dissapoint.

I miss Craig's insane videos. Although after falling off a roof in one of them, I suspect he was forced to give up video production and become a wheelchair bound psychic warrior against evil.

I made more but just didn't post them, I always wanted to post a new one when the 4000 were shipped, I just didn't put CC in to that calculation.

Notaz: Your work, and community involvement is probably why I'm still hanging around in this open source environement. Your emu's are just about the best around, and when I see that you have taken on a new task like PS1, or GBA it brings a smile to my face, and christmas morning jitters that I no longer feel on actual Christmas day anymore.

Craig: I can only imigine the wild and crazy ride your life has been for 4+ years. A lesser man might have blown his brains out, or turned to drugs, ect., but you keep pushing forward despite the odds against you. This shows that by normally society standards you must be "CRAZY", right?

I find you both to be non replaceable assets to this community, and the Pandora project overall. I actually really don't know what is going on around here, nor do I really care. I got into an argument several months ago in the other forums with some shmuck, and I haven't really done much viewing or posting in the community since. It really soured me to this so called "community" experiance, but I guess that is my own problem.

So I'm here to just say thank you both for what you do daily, and hopefully what you will both continue to do. ;)

This project has been an uphill battle for years, and it continues to be, so "WE" the community don't need 2 key players stabing each other in the back over "whatever"! Maybe you can just "agree, to disagree" and move on. I would hate to see Notaz leave the community over bad blood with Craig. As we have all seen the way Craig can really go all out against what he believes to be a threat. I don't think Notaz is any kind of threat, and he is just voicing his opinion, and considering his donations of time and effort to this project, I feel he has the right to say anything short of yeliing "FIRE" in a crowded building.

Chris

I'll just add I have nothing more to say here, I think it's best to leave drawing conclusions to the reader.

Since this has been made a thread of my personal attack on Craig (originally it was a comment about overloading more already overloaded ED in "Contribution icons next to posts" thread), I'm requesting a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back