The Caring Corner :)

I’m thinking of buying multiple supplements off of Amazon with tomorrow’s weekly cash. Looking for opinions on GABA, 5-HTP, and phenylalanine. Maybe tyrosine instead of phenylalanine?

My experience with theanine wasn’t great, but I have to keep trying. Despite all my meds, I have terrible mood swings, insomnia, trouble concentrating, and some sexual dysfunction.

All drugs when taken for an extended period of time have side effects. You're being taken for a ride by the Medical Industrial Complex.

I might have found a new health obsession: my kidneys. I have facial swelling, foamy urine, and high blood pressure. My only problem right now is that my next checkup isn’t until August. Can my kidneys hold out that long?
You might be able to get a simple urine test at your GP to check for blood in your urine. If the test is positive it might be a reason to get visit sooner.
Also you might want to address the worries you have about your health, those can cause stress and high blood pressure.

Four hours later, not sure I really notice a difference with the phenylalanine. I’m not hungry, so that’s good at least.

Woke up before 1 AM last night, took another phenylalanine, but still had trouble getting back to sleep.

I was feeling grumpy this morning, so I took a third phenylalanine. Still not sure when this stuff is supposed to start working.

Okay, so after a little research, I found out that people with anxiety, insomnia, or high blood pressure are supposed to use caution when taking phenylalanine. I have all three. It also interacts with antidepressants. Darn.

I’d hate to throw out the bottle I just got. It was $12.50 plus tax and shipping. I’m really not feeling this stuff though. It must not be the reason I like meat and diet soda so much.

Took my fourth phenylalanine last night, and took the fifth one this morning. Not sure if it’ll ever start working, but it is addictive.

There was a guy on Amazon who said he didn’t notice his phenylalanine at first, but after a few days it felt like he had drunk a “river of coffee”.

I've been taking all my phenylalanine with barely any food. I hear it doesn't work without vitamin B6. Well, I'm going to try eating a bunch of food and see if that helps the phenylalanine work.

I’m pretty sure what happened to me last night was because of the phenylalanine, but I’m taking a COVID test just in case. I’ll edit with the result in a few minutes.

Edit: All clear.

Last edited:
Temperature has been climbing slowly today. Still only 98.8 just now, but when it does this, it usually develops into a legitimate fever in the middle of the night.

My temperature was 98.8 just now after drinking cold coffee. I’m pretty sure it’s not COVID-19, because I would’ve been exposed on Wednesday, and it would’ve incubated by now.

100 degrees! I did eat a microwave hot meal, but I drank cold water with it, so it should’ve balanced out, right? I’m all sweaty right now, and my pulse is 120. Maybe the BA.5 finally got me. Welp.

I just want to get COVID and get it over with already. My dad is in his seventies and already had it months ago, and he’s fine. Anyway, that 100 earlier was a fluke, my last temperature was a mere 98.3.

Back