The Caring Corner :)

Covid infection doesn't prevent reinfection on the long term. Many people have been infected multiple times.
Also even though most people recover from covid, about 10% seem to suffer from long-term effects ("long covid").

Pretty much every single person I know has had covid and recovered completely. this 10% figure is complete FUD.
I've heard different numbers, up to 30% of patients. But I don't know what the proper definition would be, so I don't know how to count it.
A close relative was in hospital with COVID in March 2020 (great health until then) and is more or less fine now, but there're moments he has shortness of breath for no apparent reason.
But symptoms differ, variants differ, the initial case seriousness differ, so it's hard to draw conclusions.
But wasn't there a thread specifically for COVID-19 ?

I read a fact check article about COVID-19 vaccines and SADS that triggered me, because it reminded me that SADS exists. I looked at some home EKG devices on Amazon, but now I think I don’t really need one. I’ve only had one heart event in my life, and that was over a year ago now. I didn’t even bother to get checked afterward, because it was so brief.

Symptom checkers keep telling me I have hyperthyroidism, because of my high blood pressure and anxiety. My blood pressure wasn’t always high, despite my weight. I think it just started last year. Anyway, I might tell my doctor to check out my thyroid when I see them in August. The only thing is, I’m not sure what would cause hyperthyroidism in me. Grave’s disease is usually the culprit, but based on my family history of CHEK2, I wouldn’t rule out thyroid cancer.

Does anyone have any tips for staying up until ten, so I can actually sleep through the whole night? My night meds make me drowsy, but I think if I can just stay out of bed, I might be okay.

Does anyone have any tips for staying up until ten

i2euibKm.image

Duolingo asked to give me personalized ads. The last three in a row have been for a place called Freedom Detox. Good catch by them, knowing that I’m addicted to prescription benzos. Bad on them for showing me a place that doesn’t accept Medicare and Medicaid though.

I’m in a strange position right now. Usually, I take my meds at six, fall asleep before eight, and wake up at two in the morning. Today though, I’m up past nine, and I don’t feel too tired. I wonder what happened and if I’ll sleep tonight.

you've got some good drugs. tonight, instead of taking them take a walk and find a hooker who will accept them as payment. should be easy, find a young one. if he/she/it is any good you'll sleep well afterwards. and you'll be drug free and newly addicted to something healthy. it's win-win-win-win-win-win-win situation. thank me later.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
100.1 degrees just now. This was after eating oatmeal, but I’m reminded that I took it on Tuesday after eating oatmeal too, and it was only 99.2 then. I think my temperature is on the rise.

98.5 currently, which is higher than my average, but nothing to write home about. More importantly, I want my meds, but it’s the weekend, so it’ll be at least another half hour.

Back