The Caring Corner :)

Staff said they were going to lower my weekly spending cash from $75 to $40, in order for me to have less money to gamble. All over one tiny $25 scratcher too. I don’t see what the problem is; I won $50.
Pretend like you were married before, and now divorced and she wants HALF. (and you managed to negociate it in your favour from 38.5 to 40...) So that's spending money outside of food/clothing? or do you need to wait 3 weeks to buy a t-shirt?

and she wants HALF.

2264375202-f3ce219748-b.jpg

Guys, my temp is back up to 99.2 degrees. Not sure if it's the flu shot, the weather, or something infectious. I think my temp was this high at one point Thursday too, when I got the flu shot, but it's been down to 96.9 since then, so I don't think it's the flu shot this time. As for the weather, we're supposed to hit 80 degrees early this afternoon before a cold front moves in and brings fall here for good. As for something infectious, I tested negative for COVID-19 on Friday, like I said in the COVID-19 thread, but that doesn't rule out other infections, or maybe a case of COVID-19 contracted just before Friday. I'm not supposed to use the second COVID-19 test until two days after the first one though, so I would need to wait another day. Hmm...

According to drought.gov my county is D0, abnormally dry, and is colored yellow on their map. Also according to drought.gov California is 100% D1 or worse, meaning you don’t even get to see any yellow on their map. Thanks California for putting things in perspective.

I She would never do anything like that. :p
Ah, so she leaves your corpse in the air, to return your flesh to nature. For animals and maggots to feast upon. Circle of life.
But seriously. If properly compartimentalized, how do you KNOW it's not so? The other entity might a planning freak and will prepare when she feels the body is deteriorating.

meaning you don’t even get to see any yellow on their map.
Some desert animals only pee one single drop of urine. The dryer it is, the less yellow.

Oh man, current weather forecasts don't have any rain coming to my area all of next week, except for a 20% chance Thursday. The lawn at my apartment building is looking pretty weak. I guess it comes with the season though.

These temperatures in Fahrenheit are the same for me as the currency’s „won“ in Squit Game ^^ cool show but whenever they talk about money I have to google how much it is ^^

My microwave stopped working. I'm hoping it's only temporary, but I don't think it is. A new one is going to cost me around $70.

I used my second rapid COVID-19 test early this morning, and it also came back negative. I guess the peace of mind is worth something at least.

I think I’ll go back to worrying about hypothyroidism and cancer. My lab results should be in soon for the blood they took on Tuesday.

It’s one in the morning, so I’ve been looking into insomnia. I had my caffeine taken away Thursday, so it isn’t that. I heard thyroid problems can cause insomnia, but I’m still undiagnosed there. Right now, I’m thinking it’s the pravastatin I take at night. I think the only reason I don’t take it in the morning is that I also take fenofibrate, and it’s risky to mix the two. Pravastatin is known to cause sleep disturbance.

My doctor just looked at my lab results and put me on 10mg Zetia. That’s right, a third cholesterol medication. It’s always a bit worrying to start a new medication, but in this case there’s a chance of rhabdomyolysis, the breakdown of muscle tissue, so it’s extra fun. I think my doctor thinks that if the pravastatin and fenofibrate combo didn’t give me rhabdomyolysis, Zetia should be safe too.

Last edited:
My Zetia arrived overnight, but I haven't taken it yet as my doctor apparently prescribed it as a nighttime medication.

Don't you ever think about that they might keep you sick to maintain their job? Did you know some of the medicines is actually filler for patients that say they have something, and the doctor just gives them these placebo pills just to shut them up. And some times they actually work. But if they don't they say that your body does not react to that medication, then switch to a real medication...
Especially for Hypochondriacs like yourself that want to stay in the vicious cycle of not eating healthy to become healthy. Lack of certain minerals or too many of them (like the excessive amounts of salt in Pizza) don't do you any good.

Anyway, cholesterol is what your brain is made of. Too many statines means destruction of your brain tissue. Good that Zetia is a bit different (it messes up your colon to fail to absorb cholesterol)

Cholesterol cannot cross the blood-brain barrier and so the brain makes it's own and is not affected by dietary cholesterol consumption (or lack of it in this case). However, people who take Statins should be very concerned . Statins DO cross the blood-brain barrier and and enter brain cells, where they reduce the brain's natural ability to ..

Zetia reduces blood cholesterol in a different way to statin medications. Zetia lowers cholesterol levels by decreasing the amount of cholesterol that is absorbed from the small intestine, so that there is less intestinal cholesterol delivered to the liver.

By giving you Zetia at night, it prevents your almost-poo to give cholesterol to your liver. However, it also has a long list of serious sideeffects: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/zetia-side-effects.html
Effects that, reading your past posts, you have predisposition to.

It would be so much easier if you just eat Healthy.... with once a week a "cheat day" where you just go all out (to restaurants with Dad, being with family is important).

is used along with a low cholesterol/low fat diet and exercise to help lower cholesterol in the blood.

EXERCISE You read that? EXERCISE You read that? EXERCISE You read that? EXERCISE

So get your lazy ass off that chair of yours and:

I promise I'll do them too if you do them....

edit: barely made it to the 20 minute mark and I'm all tired now. Still 10 minutes to go. I'll have a small break first. Oof,the last punches make me breath like I just ran a marathon. Post workout stretches felt really nice.

Last edited:
Oh man, after looking it up, I can’t believe how many of my medications increase the risk of upper respiratory tract infection, especially pravastatin. I guess I’ll keep my mask on.

Back