The Caring Corner :)

I just took the longest, coldest shower of my life and still got a 99.4 degree temperature afterward. Now I can’t wait for that oximeter.

I just took the longest, coldest shower of my life

I hope you're ready for another one. :)

cCPeX6xA6c.jpg

My temp’s gone back down. Now my pulse oximeter has arrived though. It gives me oxygen rates of around 96%, which I guess is acceptable, but the pulse is almost always above 110. Sometimes I can get it to dip to around 103, but I haven’t seen it go below 100 without pulling my finger partway out of the thing.

I looked up rapid pulse, and the symptom checker suggested anxiety, iron deficient anemia, and COVID-19.

I already know I have anxiety, and I’m vaccinated, so I’m just going to worry about the middle one, especially since caffeine decreases iron absorption. Yep, that’s right, I’m anemic. I’ll deal.

I really wish I had a third daily pill of clonazepam to take around midnight. I'm tired of being up in the middle of the night. The guy below me doesn't like it either. He was talking this morning about going to the police station to file a report, since I assume he can't call 911 directly just for noise. It's an emergency line.

I was just thinking about the heart palpitation I had in May. I’m really surprised something like that has only happened once in my life, especially after watching my pulse stay above 100 all day today. I kinda wish I really did have a heart problem, because my psych problems are becoming unbearable.

I was just thinking about the heart palpitation I had in May. I’m really surprised something like that has only happened once in my life, especially after watching my pulse stay above 100 all day today. I kinda wish I really did have a heart problem, because my psych problems are becoming unbearable.
Sorry to hear that :( Is there anything you can do to exhaust yourself to sleep?

Reactions: rSl
I just noticed that I have a white bump in the middle of my forehead that’s been there a while and isn’t acne. I’m hoping wart, but it doesn’t quite look like a wart. Opinions?

AA98CA56-B7EA-451B-8582-530242BCE0AC.jpeg

Edit: What worries me too, which is hard to see here, is that there’s a sort of dimple in the middle of it. Do warts get dimples?

Last edited:
I just noticed that I have a white bump in the middle of my forehead that’s been there a while and isn’t acne. I’m hoping wart, but it doesn’t quite look like a wart. Opinions?

View attachment 37497

Edit: What worries me too, which is hard to see here, is that there’s a sort of dimple in the middle of it. Do warts get dimples?
Funny, I just had one in the same place for a few days but it was a mosquito bite

Well, basal cell carcinomas don't really kill people, but I wonder if maybe it metastasized from somewhere else.

Meh, I guess I should actually confirm it's a basal cell carcinoma first. Just another thing for my sister to look at in October.

Funny, I just had one in the same place for a few days but it was a mosquito bite
Most fly bites start out as a small red circle, which grows into a mini red angry volcano shape before it fades. It's the action of cortisone on the site of the attack, providing enough blood with new oxygen and amino acids to repair your skin. A white bump I'd suggest looks more like a blocked pore to me, but I'm not a doctor.

I’ve been reading more about melanoma, because of the thing on my back. You know what’s cool? You don’t even have to have a tumor to have stage IV melanoma. As long as it has already spread to a distant part of the body, it’s stage IV. I guess I should be glad I have something I can actually see then, so that it could be detected.

I’m hoping wart, but it doesn’t quite look like a wart. Opinions?
Looks like a fatty deposit:

Cysts, on the other hand, occur because the ducts of the glands on the skin are obstructed or blocked. They are well defined in shape and located closer to the surface of the skin, whereas lipomas tend to go deeper. Cysts are also firm and do not move as much as lipomas when touched. They can have the red appearance, become irritated, and cause swelling in the surrounding area of the skin, quite unlike lipomas which do not cause any of these symptoms. Cysts are also considerably smaller and grow slower than lipomas, and they also have a punctum, which looks like the opening on the top of a common pimple. They are quite common in adulthood and can occur anywhere on the body, although they are most commonly found on the face, chest, and back.

disclaimer: IANAD

Here are some common ways to get rid of it (other than go to a pimple-popper):

You should avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and avoid scratching and squeezing the cyst. This can lead to pus drainage that can spread the infection to other parts of the body and lead to bleeding. Additionally, try to avoid salty and spicy foods, and steer clear of caffeinated drinks.

Boom! No more coffee!

Last edited:
There was a 14 year old girl killed in a drive-by shooting just a few hours ago in my city. These kinds of incidents have been increasing lately. I don’t really know anyone who would shoot me, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know me.

Back