The Caring Corner :)

I had an Ebike accident yesterday: I wanted to drive on the bycicle lane but got stuck on the passenger way .. I fell on my Pyra pocket and crashed my muscles on this leg
Don’t worry, the Pyra is fine only the display frame was loose but I allready fixed it by pushing back in ..
im now quite imobile as I also Fell on my hand.. but I hope I can walk the next days again whit crutches ^^

My bike should be also ok it’s just the fender broken but I need anyway the first service..

When I can use the bike again, I think not in my everyday clothes, but whit sports clothes whiteout Pyra in the Pocket..

The Pyra is really thought ^^

It occurs to me that if such a thing existed, we’d have no way to prove or detect it.
It does exist; and it's detectable. Short Telomere Syndromes. But I do not recommend looking that up, as you are a little hypochondriac.

edit: Or did you mean detect if people perceive reality faster? In that case, involuntary reaction speed (little hammer to the knee) and neuronal reaction speed can be measured. You get all these electrodes on your body. Also helps to check if the leg reacts poorly/better due to the reply or the stimulus.

Last edited:
I had an Ebike accident yesterday: I wanted to drive on the bycicle lane but got stuck on the passenger way .. I fell on my Pyra pocket and crashed my muscles on this leg
Don’t worry, the Pyra is fine only the display frame was loose but I allready fixed it by pushing back in ..
im now quite imobile as I also Fell on my hand.. but I hope I can walk the next days again whit crutches ^^

My bike should be also ok it’s just the fender broken but I need anyway the first service..

When I can use the bike again, I think not in my everyday clothes, but whit sports clothes whiteout Pyra in the Pocket..

The Pyra is really thought ^^
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I had a pretty nasty but remarkably miraculous somersault bicycle crash a couple of years ago and wouldn’t wish such an event on anyone... Hope you came off with nothing worse than aches, scrapes and bruises!

Oops sorry about that. Get well soon. I hope a doctor saw you.
Glad that the Pyra proves sturdy.
I had an accident with my bike 4 months ago. Nothing serious, but a little girl came all out of a sudden from behind a schrub with her kick scooter and stood planted in my bycicle lane. I'm used to just jump off my bike in an accident. But this time I could not let the bycicle hit the child, so I braked with all I had, and as my bycicle threw me overhead I threw myself to one side while holding to the handlebar and next I know I laid on the floor with my bycicle over me. The child was still standing and looked like "can someone tell me what just happened?" until her father came... I think it's the only time my helmet was useful while riding. Since I was already close to home, it wasn't too difficult to get back home, and the pain was gone in few weeks.

Pity about your clutches and all, @matzesu. Take it easy for some days :(

Yeah, it's worth knowing that when you're doing an emergency stop on your bike you should put most of the breaks on the back of your bike. If you slam on the front brake the front wheel will lock up and you'll do an uncontrolled endo even at relatively modest speeds. If you lock the rear wheel it'll just skid a few yards and maybe tilt the bike and knock you off, but that's the worst that can happen.

Get well soon, matzesu! I've had three injuries from accidents on my bike, once when offroad and I went over an exposed tree root and by back wheel slipped, I fell off and cut my knee on a rock. The next one was perhaps the worst, where I got distracted coming up to the lights and had to slam on the breaks, I did an endo and ended up lying on my back next to the back wheel of a bus. The actual injury came when the bus started to move and my wheel was in contact with the tyre rubber of the bus and it pushed the bycicle frame into my groin. Took a couple of weeks to heal, and came out with all kinds of funky colours down my leg once the injury started to clear. Those were both when kind of new to the bike. The last one was when I'd already fallen off the bike once due to cornering slightly too fast on loose gravel, and got back on too soon, and consequently a few minutes later took a downhill corner wrong and ended up going into the verge and sliding along the road still half in the bike. Trashed my camera and drilled a hole in my arm where the end of the radius approaches the skin. I still have that scar, but it mostly healed in a week or so.

Well at least I’m still alive, I still can’t work as I ditnt learned how to work on crutches, but at least my parents are quite kindfull..
I dit stand at least a bit today, but I’m worried to put pressure on the foot ..
but it’s not that comfortable to sleep on the couch ..

Thangs for the wishes ^^

matzesu is upstaging me. Is that a post-worthy problem?

I'm still on my caffeine crash, but I can get spending money on my card to order some more tomorrow. I've been drinking tons of decaf today to try to take the edge off, but there's just not enough there.

It's weird, after freaking out and running around my apartment, followed by a hot cup of decaf, I immediately took my temp and could still only get 98.6 degrees, perfectly normal. I assume I'm running cool right now because I haven't had much food either.

Or did you mean detect if people perceive reality faster? In that case, involuntary reaction speed (little hammer to the knee) and neuronal reaction speed can be measured. You get all these electrodes on your body. Also helps to check if the leg reacts poorly/better due to the reply or the stimulus.
@JDTAY
Here was that knee experiment from a faster-time person you were talking about:

I think his must be desensitised to any pain caused by the thermometer by now...

full_TWTT-metal-thermometer-large-candf-ls.jpg

In my attempt to win this thread back from matzesu, I should note that the guy in the apartment below mine just got taken to the hospital, and I have no idea why, and it’s bugging the heck outta me.

My gut tells me it’s probably just a diabetic thing that will be pretty routine for them to handle, but the dude is also a stroke survivor, which means his brain could pick anytime to just quit.

Seems like they are that unkindly here as the medics in the trauma center :(

Here are some anti pain pills, your pants and your shoes, put them on and then leave..

I hope your neighbor get well soon, diabetes is quite worse ..
my grandpa got also diabetes and lost a leg

Maybe I where rather like to be driven in the Caritas hospital in Saarbrücken where my dad was at work until he came in retirement,
But this were a longer drive and in the ambulance car it wasn’t that comfortable whit my damaged leg ..

Although a Ambulance Unimog might be also a good idea for the Camping Car Build, at least as long you don’t be in the back when it’s driving..

This was my first drive whit an Ambulance Van, now I’m curious how a Fly whit an Ambulance Helicopter whyld be .. ^^

My big issue in this life is that I don’t got much trouble in the past, I had a broken key bone (if this is the right therm for “Schlüsselbeinbruch „ ) and an cryptorchism maybe 30 years ago ..

But i was quite careful in my childhood, no broken legs or something so I don’t have that much experience..

Other injuries were quite easy or I didn’t care that much:

Once at boyscouts, I was sawing firewood, whit the : rub the wood over the saw blade method, and somehow I made an un coordinate move whit my hand and cut me the saw blade in my fingers ^^
Ditnt hurt but dit blood, but I don’t went to a doctor and it’s heeled in a few days ..
Usually I don’t have issues whit blood, as long it’s just my blood

My big issue in this life is that I don’t got much trouble in the past, I had a broken key bone (if this is the right therm for “Schlüsselbeinbruch „ ) and an cryptorchism maybe 30 years ago ..
Schlüsselbein is your collar bone or medically speaking your clavicle. Cryptorchism sounds nasty, although I'd hope it's not something that can reoccur.

Back