The Caring Corner :)

Yeah get a big glass (about 500ml) and add a teaspoon of salt to it. I think the 0.9% comes from a teaspoon of salt in a pint glass, which I make to be a solution of 0.868% (so 0.9% on rounding), but in a 500ml glass that becomes 1% dead, but I reckon that's close enough. If you're having trouble keeping down food, you can also add a teaspoon of sugar to it as well. I have had to do that in the past.
Nah, rather to have it being isotonic to the blood serum, as the wikipedia article puts it. (I guess that spoon per pint thing followed from there.) When it comes to ingestion the exact percentage isn't that important, but that's the level the body needs to maintain, so it's a good starting point for the kidneys to do the rest.

Brawndo will fix what ails ya. It's great for plants too.

picture_3.png

I thought I would be better by now, but I'm not. Don't want to go to the doctor though, because I don't want to crap myself there.

There was a point yesterday where I thought I was done, but then I went through tonight.

I think the diarrhea finally stopped. The last time I wiped though, it was really bloody. Makes me wonder if I don't have a new problem. I looked it up, and it said the diarrhea itself can cause the bleeding, so I guess I'll just wait and see if it gets better. Haven't had to go for a while now.

I'm also debating when I should eat some food. I thought I was good to eat yesterday, but then last night happened, so I think I'll be more cautious today.

No idea about blood. Maybe you should talk to a doctor, if not go to a doctor, then at least call (maybe the doctor could come to you ?). In the case of a normal bloodless diahrrea I'd say, yes, eat. Just be careful what you eat. Boiled rice, iogurt, toasted bread (without anything on it) should be most tolerable (unless you're celiac or intolerant to that). Start with little amounts and increase slowly according to how it feels. If it doesn't work, at least sugar in water should do.

Red blood normally comes from the opening or very close to it. Any futher back it will have been partially digested and oxidised, and have turned black. Little streaks of red blood on the paper can just be a few burst external haemorrhoids, but anything more than that I'd say it's worth talking to a health professional.

Guys, I'm better now, or at least haven't had any problems since yesterday. Even better, I may have found what caused the thing. I was suspicious about it having to do with my mountain vacation, since the other 11 people didn't get sick. Anyway, you know how pyrat recommended me yogurt? Well, I had a 4-pack of vanilla yogurt, one cup of which I had Friday when I got back, and another that I had when I was recovering Sunday, before getting sick again Monday. I go back just now for the third cup, and lo and behold, I spot on the packaging, the expiration date, March 28, 2021. Good thing I didn't actually open the third cup. Both third and fourth cup are in the trash now.

I mean, these groceries were bought for me on April 6th, so those shouldn't have been in there anyway, but I will have to keep a better eye out. But yeah, eating March 28th yogurt on April 9th and 11th, probably not a good idea.

I meant plain yogurt from cow milk. Additives such as fruits, vanilla, or anything might be harder to digest. I don't know about vanilla yogurt, but natural yogurt can most often be consumed a couple of weeks after expiration date. The problem is usually the taste, because it has fermented too much. Anyway, going by expiration dates is no bad idea in general, so well done. Anyway, maybe try to keep to simple, easy to digest foods for a couple days.

After not having any symptoms for a while, they returned yesterday. At first just the diarrhea, which wasn’t that bad, but then this morning the nausea and bad taste in my mouth came back too. I already left a message with my doctor’s office; I plan to go in as soon as possible and get tested for gastritis.

Here's hoping.
But now how will we know who's hiding a dagger on their wrist?

But now how will we know who's hiding a dagger on their wrist?
That's what social distancing is for, man. As long as they can't reach you and your clothes are thick enough to stop thrown daggers you should be ok.
Don't know about hiding guns, though, but I guess arrows and bows are harder to hide than daggers.

Oh man, I have an over the phone appointment scheduled with a doctor today. I told the appointment person my symptoms were gone yesterday, which was true, but now the nausea and bad taste in my mouth are back, which makes me wish I could have gone in physically.

There's an absolutely unscientific Murphy law that says that once you get to the doctor's office, your symptoms disappear. Happened to me quite often (lately I'm not ill enough to go, but it might happen to me again).

Back