The Caring Corner :)

I slept from seven to ten in the evening, and that’s all I’m going to get apparently. I think I might’ve had a nap around noon, but I can’t really remember. Getting my medication an hour and a half later in the evening isn’t helping my insomnia at all.

Just over two days to go until they operate on my sister’s brain. She says she’s going to send me like three or four hundred dollars of my lottery money that she’s holding for me before the operation so she doesn’t have to worry about dealing with it for a few weeks. Who wants to take bets on if the money will last a whole week? I’m famously bad at sitting on unspent money.

My sister has to be in Charlotte at five in the morning for her operation. No idea what time it actually starts or ends though.

On a more immediate note, I heard three gunshots in my neighborhood around eight in the evening. No word yet on the news about it, so maybe they were just warning shots.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Since I’m up anyway, I’m debating whether to call my sister at 3:30 AM while she’s on her way to Charlotte for brain surgery. I’m being over dramatic, right? I should just trust that the surgery will be fine. Man, I don’t even remember the last thing I said to her though; I’d hate for it to end like that.

Edit: It occurs to me now that she might not even take her cell phone to the hospital. I’m not sure. Certainly, she would have to turn it off and hand it over after she arrives.

So, my sister isn’t taking her cell phone with her on the ride to the hospital, but fortunately I caught her right before she left. I said “I love you” and “good luck”. Then I hung up kinda quick so she could try to call her boyfriend.

Just got a text from my dad. “Operation at 8, done by approximately noon” Makes me wonder what they’ve been doing for the last two and a half hours. I’ll let you know if anything else happens, since this is the only thread Wally will let me blog in.

Seems almost as if Tanenbaum is proud of having been suckered by Intel. After Tanenbaum made the OS Intel used it in one of the few greatest attacks on computer freedom in the entire history of computers and Tanenbaum got nothing for it. And if Tanenbaum uses modern Intel CPUs, then his freedom has been compromised by his own OS. What a sucker, what a cucker. This has to be the biggest mistake this man made in his otherwise great career.

If only Tanenbaum had used the GPL then Minix would have kept her dignity. Minix has become a whore! She has fallen from grace, lost herself to the vileness of Intel! Once a hero of free software, now a villain for Intel! May the NSA have mercy on our source.
irc, they did not just go ahead and used it, but first went to him for some personal QnA, but it didn't come up what they wanted to do with it - or something like that.

North Carolina weather is shit. I’ve been dying from heat. A cold front is supposed to move through later today though, then hopefully it stays cold until March.

I think it might have something to do with the guy downstairs; he probably has his heat set to 78 or something. I keep mine on 66, yet it’s 74 and humid in my apartment right now, after midnight. I even turned the air on and cooled it to 72, then switched back, and it was back to 74 in under an hour.

People taking Rexulti have trouble regulating their body temperature. They overheat easily. Oddly enough, this would be less of a problem in the summer, because the AC is on everywhere. Anyway, with the help of the fan, I’ve managed to get it down to 72 in here, but I’m still waiting on that cold front.

72 is much too hot, 100 Degrees is the Boiling Point of Water ^^

I still wonder why some Countrys use non Metric Currencys, is one ° Farenheit the Temperatur a old King liked the Water of his Tea ??

She says she’s going to send me like three or four hundred dollars of my lottery money that she’s holding for me before the operation so she doesn’t have to worry about dealing with it for a few weeks. Who wants to take bets on if the money will last a whole week? I’m famously bad at sitting on unspent money.
She sent me $450 on the 6th. As of today, the 9th, it is $225.

I wanna say I’m the world’s only whale on Medicaid, but honestly, people on Medicaid disposing of lots of income is a pretty common situation, since they’re not allowed to have over $3000 in their bank account, and they don’t have any debts to pay off like cars, houses, or student loans.

Nothing bad in this post, but I did just get to talk to my sister for the first time since the operation, so that was nice. She says there’s a TV there, but she hasn’t been watching it, because her head wound is right where her glasses would go, so she’s nervous about putting them on.

• Love
Uggh, my PS5 is down to 40 GB of storage. Deleting Carto barely helped, because my System storage usage increased by 10 GB today for some odd reason. I should be able to finally mount my SSD on Monday though. Seriously though, what the heck is my PS5 doing with the 70 GB of storage it’s using?

I didn’t tell you guys this, but my PS5 came with a stripped SSD mounting screw that’s practically welded in there. I’m just gonna leave it in, already ordered a replacement. My SSD uses the 80 slot instead of the 110 slot anyway.

I fell asleep for two hours in a sitting position, and now my feet are swelling. I gotta remember to lie down after getting my meds. I probably should lie down now, but I feel quite awake.

Back