The Caring Corner :)

No, bee pollen is pollen gathered by bees. It can be bought as a bunch of small balls in a jar. Though supposedly unfiltered honey contains it, too.
Right, sorry I was imagining you meant something the bees had done with the pollen they collect from a wide variety of plants :happy:

Unless I'm wrong I don't think bees collect pollen, but it latches onto their legs so that when they crawl over the next flower to get at it's nectar some of that pollen gets wiped off onto the stigma and fertlilizes the plant. The bees actually collect the nectar which they turn into honey. Seeing honey bees (and other bees) flying around and noting the amount of pollen on their legs it doesn't surprise me some of that ends up on the honey as it comes directly from the hives, and I'm impressed if filtering can get rid of the tiny pollen grains so completely.

Supposedly the bees collect the pollen and then pack it into small balls to use it as food. So I guess normal pollen is powder while bee pollen are small balls. I was also surprised by the fact that bees use pollen.

people have different hayfever symptoms in different regions, and it's been suggest you eat honey from the particular region to build up immunity.

Turns out I am allergic for bee pollen. Too bad, it is good stuff. Maybe in the future after I have cleaned up my body some more will I be able to stand it.
if only you could simply take a vaccine.

maple syrup ftw

people have different hayfever symptoms in different regions, and it's been suggest you eat honey from the particular region to build up immunity.

if only you could simply take a vaccine.

maple syrup ftw
There are hayfever vaccines actually, have been for at least a decade I think.

If that's true I don't see why adverts for scams like Beconase (made from 100% sea water!) are still being shown as advertisements on TV.
It’s one of the things that really annoys me about big pharma; for the most part they’d just rather milk you for every penny rather than recommend something that would actually seriously help stop your problem, permanently (other than death).
IINM, Beconase contains a steroid commonly given to asthma sufferers? Or is that a different nasal spray? I suspect the seawater idea is supposed to be because people tend to suffer from hayfever less when at sea?

EDIT: typo

Last edited:
Like locking you up in clean room permanently?
Like antihistamines and steroids - even prescription ones - that, for some people, only work for a couple of weeks before their bodies become desensitised towards them and they no longer reduce hayfever symptoms, yet remain essentially the only thing recommended by GPs, clinics and pharmacies. I know friends with really bad hayfever and this year was the first time they’d ever heard of a “vaccine” against hayfever - not even a hypodermic syringe but a daily pollen pill for ~three years - but they didn’t hear about it from the ones who are always recommending antihistamines and steroids... And what’s more it’s prescription only so their GPs should definitely have known about it to recommend for when the antihistamines and steroids stopped working.

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah. I've found this, which states you get injected with pollen or take it as a pill for three years to train your immune system not to react to it any more, but that's obviously a big hassle, because the dose isn't fixed, it needs to increase as your immunity improves, and essentially gathering pollen is a very involved process, so it's expensive.

Hmm, yeah. I've found this, which states you get injected with pollen or take it as a pill for three years to train your immune system not to react to it any more, but that's obviously a big hassle, because the dose isn't fixed, it needs to increase as your immunity improves, and essentially gathering pollen is a very involved process, so it's expensive.
That’s the one! Double blinded, randomised trials with peer-reviewed real world follow up studies showing significant long-lasting improvement in hayfever response in the overwhelming majority of participants. And sure but when you consider the lifetime improvement that could bring vs. a lifetime of payments for antihistamines and steroids that might only help for two weeks a season... Either way, it should be the patient’s choice and they should be suitably informed by their GP in the first place...

My psych increased my Rexulti from 3mg to 4mg, and changed my Invega from 12mg in the morning to 6mg twice a day. Part of this was to help me sleep better, but I just woke up at 11 PM again.

Also, my left foot hurts. Before it was hurting when I moved it, but now it's more constant, like it's swollen or something.

Doesn't sound like vaccination. Sounds like desensitisation.
Similar effect though - and it can effect changes at the blood level (after all; those with severe allergic reactions, even anaphylactic shock, have them because their body treats pollen as foreign bodies)

Similar effect though
I wouldn't call it that. Vaccination is giving the body rather harmless training data to specialize on in preparation of the actual threat. Desensitisation might be the opposite - I don't know which bodily mechanics there are that make the phenomenon emerge, but it's rather about teaching/conditioning the body to not attack/to let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be, whisper words of wisdom, tralala

Back