The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Buddy,

It's unpinned because it should die off at some point however the forum has kept it alive so there's really no point keeping it pinned anyway ;)

If you really want to keep this thread up somewhere then bookmark it :p

You can take it up with me in IRC or FB Messenger, i'm happy to talk about it either way.

Edit: Since reading the thread.. I've decided it can be pinned again

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't realise that I wasn't supposed to post helpful posts in this thread, I shall refrain from this disgusting behaviour in future. /sarcasm

Life never turns out like you expect it to. If someone had travelled back in time and told younger me about the stuff that current me gets up to, I'd have said they were crazy. Then I'd have killed them and stolen their time machine. ;)

Words of wisdom for today:

"People were made to be loved. Things were made to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used." -Author Unknown

Care about one another :)

depression_quotes_forc2a0teenagerslost_life_tumb.jpg

Today I've become official welder. 

I just a had piece of metal removed my eyes after three days of agonizing pain and discomfort! It was even starting to rust!

Every welder/Machinist i've talked to has had this happen to them.. some of them had it much worse then I.

But I feel like i'm now part the club... Even though for the next 5 days I'm gonna have to rest and avoid bright lights. :ph34r:

Holy fuck DrHAX, i get the pain just from reading. 
Yes I'm just glad its out now..  I'm glad we caught it early... unlike my first welding teacher who only went in after he looked in the mirror and saw the rust... This stuff was invisible but the size of the piece of the metal was about .7 mm in diameter.

Thats rather huge for in eye...

Remember kids: always wear eye protection. 

I regular skip helmets or climbing gear but NEVER my eye protection.

Omg youchie, DrHax! So glad that no permanent damage has been done! Take it easy and hope your eye feels better soon :)

Thats rather huge for in eye...

Remember kids: always wear eye protection. 

I regular skip helmets or climbing gear but NEVER my eye protection.
Had eye protection... it hit the safety glasses knocking them INTO my eye. it knocked out 7 eyelashes and the piece that flew in I felt bounce off of the side of the lens. I think I'm going to need better safety glasses from now on.

Managed to make a bit of progress.

My depression is weakening bit by bit and is slowly being replaced by apathy, which may not seem like an improvement, but it's a heck of a lot better than wanting to walk in front of a truck because you feel you'll never amount to anything.

OCD is about the same.

On the social anxiety front, holding a conversation is getting easier, still over analyze them though.

I don't expect anyone will care about this I just thought I'd share.

Apparently I have a talent for not giving a fuck. :D

My girlfriend is always amazed at how I can just not give a shit about most things in life, she has a bit of social anxiety. She asks me how I can not care about what people think and it's pretty simple, I don't care if they hate me.  All it really means at the end of the day I don't talk to them, very few people in life are actually threats worth giving a second thought about.  If they are going to let a bad conversation or what not sway their view why the fuck would I care what they think anyway?   

I am me if they don't like it fuck them.  I know it is easier said that done though.

Apparently I have a talent for not giving a fuck. :D
I wish I did, my problem is I care too much. :)

Unrelated: I found this story particularly heartwarming/cheering, I thought I'd post it because hopefully other people will get a boost from reading it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back