The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that when one is themselves, and makes no apologies for who they are; then everyone will respect and accept. Be true to yourself and own it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that when one is themselves, and makes no apologies for who they are; then everyone will respect and accept.
Ha, very funny. I've got the exact opposite experience and don't know anyone who is himself in company when he wants to stay accepted and the moment someone is just himself (which I prefer) he is mobbed out instantly. It's quite normal pack and herd mentality and essential for humans.

I can only speak for myself and my experience. I am myself - quirks and all - alone and in company; and I no longer make apologies for it. I don't harm anyone (well, intentionally - I falter like everyone does at some point). And thus far people have accepted and respected me for who I am - and we all know I'm a little eccentric lol.

I wonder if it's because when you're not secure in who you are, others can sense it and prey on it.

I can only speak for myself and my experience. I am myself - quirks and all - alone and in company; and I no longer make apologies for it. I don't harm anyone (well, intentionally - I falter like everyone does at some point). And thus far people have accepted and respected me for who I am - and we all know I'm a little eccentric lol.

I wonder if it's because when you're not secure in who you are, others can sense it and prey on it.
There's too much generalisation in there. I'm only myself and have contact to people because of my hobbies and most (not all) of what I see there is masks and intolerance towards genuine people.

It all depends on place, people and sheer luck. Being a pretty girl makes things easier in general too though. People mostly tolerate me because I'm good at what I do and that's enough for me.

Check your privilege klumpen, not all of us are pretty girls. And I think your hobby is strange.

I constantly look out for those who care too much by providing a benchmark. If I can be allowed to roam free, then what you do, probably doesn't matter.

Turn that frown, upside down.

I'm pretty much the same on here as I am irl, I just say a lot less irl.

As for people accepting me, I think that pretty much went out of the window when Miku turned up. I wouldn't change a thing though no matter how maligned it makes me. /rant

I think your hobby is strange.
Yeah, I noticed that making music and practicing hema is strange for other people today.

Can't believe it's about where you live, eh? (And also quite often what you are and where you come from indeed.)

My neighbour recently commited suicide btw. His son emptied his flat today in a hurry (before friday) so he doesn't have to pay a months rent for him.

I'm happy when I have the funds to get out of here but so long stay baffled about the commonplace bs saying more or less "what comes around goes around" which is complete nonsense.

It's nothing more than a nice theory.

People respect me but a lot don't like me.  People won't die wondering what I think of them but to be honest I don't think much of a lot of people so it's not like I actually say anything to anyone very often. I am a pretty forgiving person and don't really look at peoples mistakes but rather the intent and even then it has to be fairly severe for someone to come up on my radar. After all when you break everything down very little someone does actually has an impact on you, the worst most people can do is talk shit about you and well if they managed to turn someone against you well fuck that person too :p . Even then after some time I will give people another chance to see if they have improved/changed.

My aunts are really the only people who are permanently in my shit list.  One of my Aunts was convinced the housing market was going to crash here and kept spouting it.  So what did she do?  She sold her house to my sister on the sly and told her not to tell any of her family and we all learned of it after the transaction.  Now the deal did turn out well for her as there was no crash and prices rose a lot and my sister got a better job and could afford it but when she sold it to my sister she could barely afford it and would be struggling to pay it off and was just diagnosed with MS. Now my Aunt keeps spewing what a massive favour she did for my sister but I still remember that she sold a 3/4 million dollar house to my sister in a rush when she believed the market was about to crash.  If my sister came to her looking to buy that would be completely different but my Aunt went to my sister so she could offload the house quickly and avoid real estate fees.

I think your hobby is strange.
Yeah, I noticed that making music and practicing hema is strange for other people today.

Can't believe it's about where you live, eh? (And also quite often what you are and where you come from indeed.)

My neighbour recently commited suicide btw. His son emptied his flat today in a hurry (before friday) so he doesn't have to pay a months rent for him.

I'm happy when I have the funds to get out of here but so long stay baffled about the commonplace bs saying more or less "what comes around goes around" which is complete nonsense.

It's nothing more than a nice theory.

I have learned that a lot of people in life will tread all over someone if they get the chance.  The sad thing is it's the same people who keep getting tread on who are put back in life.  Rarely do those kinds of people get what comes around since they are smart enough not to do it to people who push back.

I have absolutely no bleedin' luck! I feel as if the gods are telling me to NOT F£^KING WORK ON MY CAR!

Today the angle grinder slipped RIGHT onto my knuckle! Cutting it past the skin! i could see something white flexing under the absurdly clean painless cut! Seriously no blood at all! After making sure I could move the damn thing.. Taped my finger tip against my palm felt everything, everything moved *even bit my finger tip to see if I could feel it.... The no pain thing was absolutely shocking!*

Went inside cleaned it out using a medkit bound it up tight with a bandaid to shut the wound (was starting to see some blood!) I then used a homemade heat pad (Rice in tiny sack.. Microwave it and it stays nice and hot) to apply heat to area. heat increases blood flow, ergo making sure the wound would close quicker, More blood+ bound wound= healing!

After making sure i saw blood through the other side of the bandaid (You all know what i'm talking about) I kept heat on my hand and made sure to keep it below my heart level (increase blood flow.)

A few hours latter i felt a rather Familiar stinging sharp pain.. this is the pain you feel if you get something to reconnect... I've spliced off the tip of my finger before put it in wound it tight got this feeling...after dealing with physical shock for three days it was healed fine.

Injury happened after noon, around 5 ish replaced the bandaid at my fiance's to see even healing... It hurts to bend it due to the simple fact the wound splits a bit, but even then its halfway healed.It has steady throbbing pain like a bruise, but I think this is a positive pain.. I can still feel fine with it and honestly it will still move (bandaids restrict movement causing pain.) I just wish we had some anti biotic gel, something... and its the one day my mom moves the aloe vera plant!  <_<

I'm taking a break for QUITE a bit before even approaching anything metal working on that bleeding car.

I'm going to spend my time watching youtube videos now... Entertainment helps me heal. It worked for the much more serious injury of my finger tip so I feel for this cut it is the answer... 

Yes the pain is INTENSE but its not the worst i've felt.. its not sharp, and its more a throbbing sore feeling then a stab or cut, Honestly a foil "paper cut" hurts worse then it does now.. it just feels like I smacked my finger with a large hammer. :ph34r:  Now if you excuse me i'm going to just relax and avoid the outside world for a bit  :)

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! due  to my finger I can't type on my pandora without experiencing significant pain!

post-50255-god-damn-you-all-to-hell-gif-I-rH9G.gif

Clean cuts are weird as you say - so long as you only hit capillary blood vessels, nothing happens until the slow hormones get to the site and tell blood vessels to relax and let some blood into the wound.

Although I thought with most angle grinders you were meant to hold them with one hand supporting their weight, and one hand on the handle directing it - both hands out of the way, but perhaps I'm envisaging a different thing.

Either way, get well soon!  Nothing ought to get in the way of our Pandoras.

Clean cuts are weird as you say - so long as you only hit capillary blood vessels, nothing happens until the slow hormones get to the site and tell blood vessels to relax and let some blood into the wound.

Although I thought with most angle grinders you were meant to hold them with one hand supporting their weight, and one hand on the handle directing it - both hands out of the way, but perhaps I'm envisaging a different thing.

Either way, get well soon!  Nothing ought to get in the way of our Pandoras.
Disc got caught on piece of metal.. ripped it up and right into my knuckle... My fast reaction time helpped me instantly pull away my finger...and turn off the angle grinder... I'm just so relieved no serious damage occured. I may have partially knicked some of the white flesh under the skin (Not sure what taht is in a finger,) But it was a small bit so It looks like it should heal just fine...... I'm just happy to  still have a finger........

Ah, nasty.  Yeah, it should heal fine - my old cut on my arm is almost invisible now, and never had any colour to it.  It's a different matter for the cut on knee, which I should have got stitched in retrospect, as I couldn't keep the wound closed using plasters and tape, and it healed with a nice filling of scar tissue.  That was cut on a rock though, and bled almost instantly.

I also ground the skin on top of my shin down to the bone on the other knee once.  You wouldn't know that's there apart from no hair grows on that spot.

All that said, I've never cut a tendon, and the only white stuff in muscle tissue is either bone or tendon.  If it's just under the skin, it might be the latter, and if you've nicked that you ought to get a scan.

Ugh, DrHAX, what on earth is going on with you atm?? Deary me!

Seriously lucky though; you've had a couple of 'mishaps' but no serious, permanent damage. You're the most luckiest unlucky person :p . Hope it heals and stops hurting very very soon! Have a friendly healing *huggles* :)

My depression is weakening bit by bit and is slowly being replaced by apathy, which may not seem like an improvement, but it's a heck of a lot better than wanting to walk in front of a truck because you feel you'll never amount to anything.
Just thought I'd share the current methods that I'm using to try and kill it off. The first one is to come to terms with my past so that it has less to use against me thereby weakening it. The second one is to constantly make fun of it, because the moment you make something a figure of ridicule then it ceases to have power over you.

Amazingly they seem to be working so far, my depression is fighting back of course but it's definitely weakening. :)

Ugh, DrHAX, what on earth is going on with you atm?? Deary me!

Seriously lucky though; you've had a couple of 'mishaps' but no serious, permanent damage. You're the most luckiest unlucky person :p . Hope it heals and stops hurting very very soon! Have a friendly healing *huggles* :)
Good news it stopped hurting while being straight.. it doesn't have the bruisey feeling.. just did a quick scan even if what I cut a bit out of was a tendon it wasn't like injured everything still bends fine and it will heal up just like the rest.. I'm no stranger to injury I have a cracked in half knee cap and bent in rib.. my knee is constantly screwing up my neck and back and I'm twenty.....  :mellow:   My finger will get better.. my fingers heal fast... I actually heal fast.. I think its due to my faster heart rate+metabolism.. its the only positive side effect of it.. Yes i'm constantly skinny and can't get fat or gain weight, but I can LOSE weight... if I just binge eat I actually loose weight.. (Hell i loose weight while eating lunch..)  :ph34r:  I'm really messed up.. .I'm just really disappointed about not being able to write on my pandora. And Striku keep the bad jokes coming  :lol:  Some of them are quite brilliant actually  ;)  They all make me smile and honestly just being happy is helping heal my finger...

Edit: I began to cut down the banaids I stick on it... that actually helped remove the pain and gave it some slack. I can bend it to the to the middle first joint of my thumb (this is the pointer finger.) anything beyond that still hurts. So i may be able to use a pandora but I fear the strain it may cause....  I think the finger will be fine.. its not longer slightly numb and the wound is healing.. However he centre of my arm is slightly sore.. granted that could just be due to the extra strain placed on it.. You wouldn't believe how much one finger makes in the difference of doing things daily! Nvm strain was from my thumb needing to be cracked.... Go figure. Oh wow, it turns every finger needed to be cracked! (except the injured one... i'd split open the wound again if itried to crack its joint.).. I am just pleased that things are going smoothly!

I haven't said much about the social anxiety/OCD side of things so I thought I'd try and rectify that.

On the social anxiety side of things I don't blush when I talk anymore + I've developed better conversational skills, crowds/new situations still stress me out though.

What I'm doing to improve matters is practice, practice, practice.

My OCD takes the form of making sure that things are perfectly straight because if they aren't then I feel absolutely wretched.

I'm not really sure how I'm going to tackle it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back