The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a constant level of depression in my life starting in my teen years.

weapons to fight it:

* professional counseling (the first vital step, imo)

* supportive friend and family network

* learning coping skills

* regular exercise

and in my particular case:

* being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and the subsequent medication. with a daily dose of Levothyroxine, i've felt consistently better.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Ex energy provider wants to kick me in the teeth for leaving them and charged two months twice afterwards AND for an average amount that is not possible with my current counter reading. :angry:

Filthy greedy humans! Now I'll have some trouble in trying to get my money.

It definitely was a good choice to change the provider from the local main one to a more friendly less greedy small one...

ouch. Yeah... Here in the Netherlands the legal advice is to pay up (or you get put in a list that will not allow you to get a mortgage), then fight back to get your money back.

Also, the new carrier can wage the war for you, maybe try to ask them for help.

Care for your hands with this stuff

hw_fun_cola.jpg

I'm having to resist just drinking it

I tried it, and when I flush the toilet, all these bubbles are created... its very nice.  *(brb, going back to the toilet....

I don't think I'll be buying anything else either, trust me the smell is spot on - You'll be popping up the road to the local sweet shop for some actual cola bottles

I don't think I'll be buying anything else either, trust me the smell is spot on - You'll be popping up the road to the local sweet shop for some actual cola bottles
I would probably be constantly washing my hands, not because I like the smell but because I would probably think I put my hand in something.

I am so tired of the bad intent in humans in general that this is my last online platform and I quit all my clubs in RL but one.

The German boards on this server are unbearable too by now.

I just want rest and peace.

@Klumpen: Most of the social fora on internet are full of trolls, and even worse, semi-trolls. The non face-to-face chat brings the worst out in some. Some have post-a-ritis (similar to bloggarea), where you read a full thread, and feel like you wasted your time because the content is sub-par.

DaVinci did not have internet, and he did lots with his life. Remember, you are not of this world.(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=notw).

I smelled a flower yesterday. I slept in today. I worked on a project today (4 hours, at my pace, in tranquility), so the work pressure this monday will be tolerable. How was your weekend?

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/famous-recluses/photos/famous-recluses

@Klumpen: Most of the social fora on internet are full of trolls, and even worse, semi-trolls. The non face-to-face chat brings the worst out in some. Some have post-a-ritis (similar to bloggarea), where you read a full thread, and feel like you wasted your time because the content is sub-par.

DaVinci did not have internet, and he did lots with his life. Remember, you are not of this world.(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=notw).

I smelled a flower yesterday. I slept in today. I worked on a project today (4 hours, at my pace, in tranquility), so the work pressure this monday will be tolerable. How was your weekend?

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/famous-recluses/photos/famous-recluses
I am not of this world indeed.

Sounds nice.

My weekend? Work and final usual rehearsal with choir and orchestra on friday before the concerts on the 01st and 09th,

fourth very long walk in some parks including a good table tennis match with a very nice geeky mathematician girl I know for some time on saturday

and quitting my last board excluding this one and resting today.

My online activity is decreasing more and more and most contact to offline people is gone as well, because I cannot bear superficial or dishonest behaviour at all anymore.

Hi everyone, I would like to bring an awareness to the Caring Corner.

A friend was showing me something and I found this interesting so I'll copy and paste a section of it.

"Gaslighting is the psychological term.

You basically mess with a person's sense of reality by questioning their sense of what is normal, their memory, What they see etc..

There's also a more perverse form that's really, really common and isn't so much messing with a person's sense of reality but with their emotions and their sense of.. legitimacy I guess.

This happens a lot when (for example) a girl (or guy) is upset about something, tries to communicate to her partner who says "You're overreacting", "you're too emotional" etc. Which leads her to invalidate her own emotions and often, to that annoying habit some people have of being upset but not wanting to talk about it. They think they're being unreasonable but the emotion is still there and it's a confusing thing to deal with.

The purpose of gaslighting is to either disconnect the victim from reality or their sense of safety/security. If a person feels like they can't reliably tell what's going on, or can't trust their gut instincts, they are easy to manipulate and sadly, more likely to put up with abusive behavior."

I just think it's important for people to be aware incase they find themselves in any situations like this and don't realise.

Edit: Also, if anyone finds this interesting: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/958859

Care for your hands with this stuff

hw_fun_cola.jpg

I'm having to resist just drinking it
Bought some of the orange one, it is even worse it smells like Terry's chocolate oranges or Orange Matchmakers.

r8dsee.jpg

I can barely resist eating it when washing my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back