The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no electricity anymore. Hare modern batterypowered gadgets.

Yeah I was expecting more damage myself too, seen some small trees uprooted, and my fence has been blown over completely and laying on the floor.

My lights kept flickering earlier, I'm guessing that was something to do with the winds

For the corner...

hug_me_by_selene_emotion-d320z55.jpg

They had an interview on the radio half an hour ago with some lady who had had a sudden redecoration in her garden. Where there was a lawn before, there was now a roof. And, not coincidentially, where there was a roof earlier on the house, there now wasn't. "There was a sound, like a kind of roar, and, well...It was quite loud" - Ehm... :) Apparently, several houses/gardens along that street had been similarly redecorated...

That is somewhat at a distance from here, though. It is calming down a bit now. The storm has passed further north. The kids are asleep in the sofa, and me and the wife is sitting with our laptops by candlelight. All very idyllic :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Conjunctivitis again (only the right eye yet). :(

It never did hurt that bad before and all I do atm is hear music and be here one eyed.

Yes, I already were at my ophthalmologist.

The weather outside would be great for training if there would be no distracting pain. :(

Hopefully I can work tomorrow, it was impossible today.

@Klumpen: Awww no :( . I hope your eye gets better soon! *huggles*

@Levi: Hell yeah! I wondered why everything looked rose-coloured ;) hehe

Ouch, that sucks Klumpen, hope it gets better soon!
Thanks, it's a lot better already.

What is it u practice?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_fencing

ATM "Langes Schwert / longsword" (already for some years) and "Schwert und Buckler / sword and buckler".

Formerly "Langes Messer" and Rapier. Rapier was Italian technique, the rest are traditional German styles.

I haven't got many training partners left though, because most of them left town.

ATM "Langes Schwert / longsword" (already for some years) and "Schwert und Buckler / sword and buckler". Formerly "Langes Messer" and Rapier. Rapier was Italian technique, the rest are traditional German styles. I haven't got many training partners left though, and I'm running out of space in my back garden

There, fixed that for you :)

Well well well...the Caring Corner has been somewhat neglected, tut tut. I shall add to the Caring Corner and say I have an amazing best friend :) . That is all.

Haven't got many training partners left though, because most of them ...

Dun dun

I have a sword, but its sharp. Maybe we can swordfight a time when you can afford to lose sight on your left eye. (I dont know what im doing)

Hope you get better soon. Or as the man who got arrowed in the eye once said, "that was almost the nose"

Yesterday there was a "90ies day" at the local radio broadcast station, each hour playing all the hits from one year, 1990-1999. During lunch I told one of my colleagues that right now it's the 1994-hour (which was like THE exciting year for me), and she was like "oh yeah, the 90ies weren't bad music-wise ... better than the 80ies ... I was born in the 90ies, so ... yeah cool century!"

:wacko:

... so I guess now I'm officially an old fart  :(

Feeling a bit overwhelmed atm folks..

Recently started a new job and don't feel as though I'm picking up things/remembering them as quickly as I perhaps should be.. which normally wouldn't concern me too much, but as the job involves working with vulnerable people you can probably appreciate there's a little more at stake than profit margins etc, not particularly fond of at least half of my colleagues which isn't helping much either.. c'est la vie

Feeling a bit overwhelmed atm folks..

Recently started a new job and don't feel as though I'm picking up things/remembering them as quickly as I perhaps should be.. which normally wouldn't concern me too much, but as the job involves working with vulnerable people you can probably appreciate there's a little more at stake than profit margins etc, not particularly fond of at least half of my colleagues which isn't helping much either.. c'est la vie
The best thing you can do to help you cope, is to remind yourself to breath deeply as often as you can remember to do it. Drink lots of water.

Also, nomatter the situation - repeat to yourself in your mind: "All is as it should be. I am exactly where I need to be. Only this present moment is important. I accept whatever happens - I will always be given whatever experience I need to grow. All is as it should be. I am here, now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back