The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have numerous grey hairs in my beatd. Im convinced im going to grey very early,., and I dont mind that one bit. My fiance likes that idea as well,.. she wonders if theres a way to naturally accelerate it. lol

I have numerous grey hairs in my beatd. Im convinced im going to grey very early,., and I dont mind that one bit. My fiance likes that idea as well,.. she wonders if theres a way to naturally accelerate it. lol

Define "naturally".  If you mean not coloring it, I have plenty of suggestions.  Well, one really: lots of stress.  Supposedly being extremely shocked can do it, but I have never checked to see if there is any truth to that...or the stress thing.  I dunno.

I just let my body do what it does, and try to keep too much of it from dying or being unhealthy/injured/damaged.

I had my mum plucking out grey hairs when I was like 8.  By the time I was 16 my sides were greyish. Now at the age of 31 I am probably more grey than coloured hair.

Although my short beard only has a couple of greys in it. Which is strange.

Although my short beard only has a couple of greys in it. Which is strange.

It really is.  It should probably be long instead.
Nah, couldn't be fucked with a long beard.  Couldn't be fucked shaving either.   :D

So the once a week trim is the best of both worlds.

I did that for a while (I think it comes from what they call laziness).  Mine is shortish, but not even close to stubble short, and for bit recently I was just trimming once a week instead of actually cleaning up the parts I normally get rid of.

Oh no it's not stubble short. My trimmer is set at 10mm so its beyond stubble.

It's about as short as a beard gets without being considered stubble. Although my gf wishes I would cut it to stubble as she really likes that look on me.

My fiancee doesn't care as long as I don't have a wizard or "duck dynasty" beard going on... Still determined to get a handle bar mustache though.

It's at Riker level.  So after season 2 I will be awesome.  

@Garrett:  I didn't see your post til just now. I'm so sorry about your loss *huggles*. How are you doing now?  I think we would all like to see a photo of her, if you would like to share one. And I'm glad that sharing in the Caring Corner has helped you,  even a little bit.

Hm.. for some reason i cant get emotional when someone dies. That is harder than it sounds, imagine you want to cry but cant.
Our last dog was put to sleep 3 weeks ago and i felt nothing. 
The friend i used to hug every day turned into a lifeless thing. That worries me. 

In my experience it's quite common for people to feel guilty that they're not grieving properly (not sure if that describes your situation exactly, elw3, but kind of).  And I tend to think it affects you more than you think; in my case I might not have felt anything deep, but I was more aware and more accepting of those around me for a period afterwards.

Thanks Lolla.. getting a little easier now, house still feels awfully empty though

IMG_20140904_212014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Garrett; Aww what a beautiful dog! And your cat looks so cute too! Thank you for sharing; it's very much appreciated.

I'm also glad it's getting a little easier for you now. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time. 

@ Elw3: I think each and every one of us is different; and so we all grieve and cope in different ways. You're doing exactly that too; even though it may feel like you're not grieving at all.

Hm.. for some reason i cant get emotional when someone dies. That is harder than it sounds, imagine you want to cry but cant.
Our last dog was put to sleep 3 weeks ago and i felt nothing. 
The friend i used to hug every day turned into a lifeless thing. That worries me. 

Don't worry about that. people view death in different ways. It is really hard for me to feel bad about death. People's loss yes, but death itself? No. Its a part of life. I strongly believe we should celebrate the life of what ever passed and not mourn its passing. Remember life don't linger on the absence.   Maybe its just me being a pagan or just how I view and had the world shown to me. (With a strong possibly of a knife being shoved into my side.) Death doesn't bother me, or concern me.  If you're not saddened by the death of something it could possibly be since the dog was put down it was for its well being rather then our selfishness.  I had my only dog I've ever had that was mine have constant seizures and they got so bad the dog would be laying on the floor shaking twitching before it urinating itself. it would snap at us after these events because it wasn't sure of where it was. I had to hold down some times to stop it from flailing into furniture and hurting itself even more. we ended up putting it down eventually after it was just unfair to him. I miss the dog for what he was, but I'm not saddened by his passing. His life was short but he was the happiest fucking dog I've ever seen in my life. Those 2 years were the best I've ever seen with a pet. The only thing I mourn is not having any pictures of him.

Don't linger on the absence, or the death. Don't let the sadness of death ruin the happy life of something. Just because it's gone doesn't mean its happiness and the memories it gave are gone too. Celebrate the life, don't mourn the passing.

I think not grieving about death is a sign of maturity and grieving about loss shouldn't become neurotic either.
Maybe I've got a weird/hard take on this because my childhood with all its kinds of horrors, but I think it's making life easier in a way, maybe not more joyful though since there's always the possibility of things to come in the back of your head.

Anyway, sorry for your loss, better times will come.

@ Klumpen: I don't think it's any less "mature" to grieve about death. Death means different things to different people, and we all cope with things in different ways -some of us don't cope with it at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong nor immature with that.

At Monday, my grandma passed away whit 84 yeahrs,
tomorow is the funeral, but my sister, and my twoo niches (6 Weeks and 4 Yeahr) are coming to the "interment" (if this is the right translation, it means coofee and cake after the funeral..)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back