The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
her old body became like a prison for her when she lost her autonomy...
This is the point where I'll not get because before that I'll do it like the old American natives and just climb a mountain to never return.

My grandma did become 97 and her husband (in fact the only man/love in her life) died 30 years before her which was hard and since she was one of the first women to be quite independend with her shop when she was about 20, losing her independence to my mother (the person she hated most) was too much to bear and she didn't like those retirement castles either. The last of several visits I made there, she said "it's good that you have come again one more time" (hard to translate "gut, dass du noch ein Mal gekommen bist") like she knew she'd not wake up shortly after and she didn't indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
In some ways, those that go with all their faculties are the lucky ones. For the rest of us, either your body or your mind goes first. Not sure about the native american idea, if you can decide to climb a mountain, clearly both of those are good enough to last you a while longer.

Anyway, my apoligies, the caring corner has had too much morbidity and gloom lately and I'm not helping.

He is now back home after over a week and a half at the doc's place. He does looks ok albeit very very slim (lost over 20% of his weight). He is on a diet for the next month. Crossing fingers...
h_CE4_C9_BA8.jpg

Wanna know the worst ? I called my parents to tell them. I got my father on phone. I told him, his reply was "Ah, Ok. good then"... I hanged the phone there. Wont call them in a while
not to be the bearer of even worse news, but that idea will lead you to the same path when your children tell you about your elders death

Split Miku related discussions into own thread.. Back to caring!

I spent 40 minutes going through this thread, took three times to select the right posts because they would un-select themselves... It's been a rough morning..

ah right, german board and all that. well i wanted to spark up a conversation about things going on in gaza strip and isreal recently. the, uhhhh, flag? was kind of a bait that the jews are suddenly turning into the nazis now and causing "genocide"?

I dont think we are supposed to care about that in this thread.

Today i saw a frog on the path, it jumped and scared me, there were more frogs when i walked that were hard to see because they were so small. Luckily got home safe.

I dont think we are supposed to care about that in this thread.

Today i saw a frog on the path, it jumped and scared me, there were more frogs when i walked that were hard to see because they were so small. Luckily got home safe.
YAY, FROGS!  I don't think they meant to scare you.

ah right, german board and all that. well i wanted to spark up a conversation about things going on in gaza strip and isreal recently. the, uhhhh, flag? was kind of a bait that the jews are suddenly turning into the nazis now and causing "genocide"?
This is actually the old Raelian symbol. Which is a totally unrelated ufo cult lead by a french ex-singer who was abducted by the aliens creators of mankind, who taught him that he was genetically jesus christ's half-brother and that he had to prepare earth for their return.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism#Religious_symbol

I know what you've meant. it's just that sparking polictical debates is (imo) equel to asking people in this thread to start a virtual snowball fight with crap, which gives potential for starting several flame wars and getting quite a few people unintentionally offended (especially with that kind of imagrery) - all of which may bring this thread's peacefull flow into ruin.

That's why if you're that interested in crapstorms, i say it's better to look for them elsewhere if you ask me.

yes but looking elsewhere will just lead me to arguments with like-minded people. while these boards havent exactly been the epitome of intelligence lately, theres still some shiny pennies around here and id like opinions from the non-monkeypoo-throwers on the interwebs 

In my opinion, it's a human tragedy all round really. Politically it's basically intractable, as most conflicts of this sort are.

The only thing that surprises me about this this time is the difference in coverage between european news agencies and the US.

This is actually the old Raelian symbol. Which is a totally unrelated ufo cult lead by a french ex-singer who was abducted by the aliens creators of mankind, who taught him that he was genetically jesus christ's half-brother and that he had to prepare earth for their return.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism#Religious_symbol
Did you ever see that skit Tom Green did with the Raelians?  This was before he was famous and he invited them around and drank kool aid with them.

They were taking him completely seriously and he mentioned that the guy on their book looked like Jesus and they were like Omg he is Jesus's half brother.  Then he played them a video of his "alien abduction" which was him just dancing around in tin foil shouting "oh no who are you"with some sparklers. They knew it was a joke from there and got annoyed but really didn't want to show it and left.

The entire time he was acting dead serious and how he kept a straight face through it all is beyond me.

I have the Tom Green show on DVD. One of the funniest series on the planet.  Such a shame they take down virtually everything good with his show online.  There are so many scenes that are just priceless but it was the time before internet so not much has been put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back