The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@seb3: how old it is ?
He is 5yo
Still young, mine was killed by the doctor (?) injection at 10 years, because she was dying slowly anyway... after 2 months without eating and almost no drinking she started to even loose too much fur, and wasn't able to stand up for more that 30 seconds... anyway if that decision was right or wrong is still something that I ask to myself everytime I think about her...

I got stranded in Hamburg today. That was a new experience.

can't believe its getting to the point where I think I don't belong on the internet. Wtf is this hatsune crap? Are we over MLP already?

@Moxie: Yikes, what happened?
Well, me and the family are om vacation, and travelling by interrail card. The plan was to hop on the Intercity from Berlin to Copenhagen and then to get home, but the train was so full that the people on the train went "OK, anyone who has no seat reservation - out!" when we came to Hamburg. And, well, we hadn't. The following ICs were equally full, so right now we're in a hostel in Hamburg, and expecting to get to copenhagen tomorrow :D

And yes, now we've made a seat reservation :)

@Moxie: Oh my gosh. I hope you and your family are ok; and that you'll get to Copenhagen tomorrow! *huggles*

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, me and the family are om vacation, and travelling by interrail card. The plan was to hop on the Intercity from Berlin to Copenhagen and then to get home, but the train was so full that the people on the train went "OK, anyone who has no seat reservation - out!" when we came to Hamburg. And, well, we hadn't. The following ICs were equally full, so right now we're in a hostel in Hamburg, and expecting to get to copenhagen tomorrow :D

"Welcome to the Deutsche Bahn" ;)

Since our trains have been privatised stuff like this is not so unusual.

I remember when the air conditioning in one of the ICs was out of order on an extremely hot summer day in a totally crowded train and they forgot to built in windows that you actually can open and then the train stood still somewhere in no mans land... some old people and pregnant women had real problems because of this but the tickets just keep getting more expensive every year.

I got stranded in Hamburg today. That was a new experience.
And their English is probably the worst in Germany :)

Some nice places though, but coming from Copenhagen you've probably seen similar and better.

Don't forget to get some 'Franz' at the 'Taste of Hamburg' shop at the west entrance of the northern hall (edit: of the central station).

"Welcome to the Deutsche Bahn" ;)

Since our trains have been privatised stuff like this is not so unusual.

I remember when the air conditioning...
Not to mention the disintegrating wheel on the ICE 3 in 2008. 

I'm back home now (in Skurup, Sweden), safe and sound with all my family :) Didn't get to see much of Hamburg, unfortunately - After running around like manic rats to solve our more immediate problems (like, somewhere to sleep, reservations for the next day and something to eat), we were all completely knackered and just slept :)

Still, Hamburg seemed nice enough in the few things we saw on the way, so I'll save your recommendations for the next time we (hopefully in a more planned way) drop by. It is, after all, not more than 8-10 hours by train, on a good DB day :D

I'm back home now (in Skurup, Sweden), safe and sound with all my family :) Didn't get to see much of Hamburg, unfortunately - After running around like manic rats to solve our more immediate problems (like, somewhere to sleep, reservations for the next day and something to eat), we were all completely knackered and just slept :)

Still, Hamburg seemed nice enough in the few things we saw on the way, so I'll save your recommendations for the next time we (hopefully in a more planned way) drop by. It is, after all, not more than 8-10 hours by train, on a good DB day :D
Glad that you made it home and still kept your spirits up :)

My condolences, I hope your family supports each other in this hard time.

Our cat is ill since 2 weeks. He will have a surgical operation tommorow morning...

Hoping for the best (at 800€, they better save him)
He is now back home after over a week and a half at the doc's place. He does looks ok albeit very very slim (lost over 20% of his weight). He is on a diet for the next month. Crossing fingers...
On an unrelated developement, My grand-father called me yesterday to tell me the woman that shared his life for the past 30years died.

Her funeral was this morning, and I couldnt attend (I would be able to get holyday time on time sadly).

Wanna know the worst ? I called my parents to tell them. I got my father on phone. I told him, his reply was "Ah, Ok. good then"... I hanged the phone there. Wont call them in a while

Well, if she was very old maybe it was expected... my grandmother keeps telling me "Goodbye" every time I see her, because "tomorrow she will die"... and it's like 10 years she is telling the same, now she is 96... when the time will come I suppose no one will cry, she lived a long life and at some point her old body became like a prison for her when she lost her autonomy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back