The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All animals are ace. Spider, flies, wasps, foxes, and all the rest of them. But little rodents belong in cages, or modified bookcases, being looked after people like Lolla. Sod having them eating through my skirtingboards and running about my kitchen then dying in the corner though :(

I've been at it again.  ;)

RIMG01121.jpg

Little and Large.  :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0195313038/

Been reading this recently, has definitely helped, can now ask people questions without feeling like i'm annoying the hell out of them (most of the time anyway :) ).

You know what I have seen help multiple people I know get out of depression and that is pumping iron.

I know it has done wonders for my confidence (although i never had any confidence issues) but with some of my friends that did have really come alive since they started getting bigger.  It's slow progress and takes months but in the end it's worth it.  Takes about 4-5 hours per week.

I guess there is some sort of confidence that's comes along knowing you are strong, not to mention it naturally pumps endorphin's through your system. A set of weights doesn't cost that much but if you do just make sure your form is right whether or not you pay someone to train you.

However form is king rather than what you can lift it turns out my form with deadlifts wasn't great which was fine with lower weights but when I started the higher weights I actually hurt my back which took two weeks to recover. I am going in for professional power lifting training this weekend to get my form right.

Anyways if you are interested and have some questions or want some routine recommendations please feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks for the info/suggestion it's much appreciated.

In other news future photos will probably show up in The Communication Cube, since it seems like a more appropriate place for them. :)

Need to share that here... If you dont feel like reading sad news please move along.

As some of you might know, my wife, her son and I have moved back to France last year because of illness issues of our surounding.

Hugo's half brother got leukemia. But the remission is on and everything are getting better and better luckyly.

One of our best friend also had a cancer diagnostic in feb last year. But for her everything hadnt gone by the plan. At that time the pronostics weren't great : 3-4 month to go. Yet they managed to keep her alive until now. Yesterday she got an updated diagnostic. A very sad one. At best 3 weeks to go. Metastasis have gone wild in the past 2-3 weeks. Nothing beat it, chemio/radio therapies doesnt seems to work.

She is going to left behind her 2 sons (2 and 5) and her husband... she is only 37 :(

So she sent us a mail yesterday... a very hard to read one :( Today is hard to get going. Somehow I'm not motivated on anything.

Life is hard and unfair :'(

Need to share that here... If you dont feel like reading sad news please move along.

As some of you might know, my wife, her son and I have moved back to France last year because of illness issues of our surounding.

Hugo's half brother got leukemia. But the remission is on and everything are getting better and better luckyly.

One of our best friend also had a cancer diagnostic in feb last year. But for her everything hadnt gone by the plan. At that time the pronostics weren't great : 3-4 month to go. Yet they managed to keep her alive until now. Yesterday she got an updated diagnostic. A very sad one. At best 3 weeks to go. Metastasis have gone wild in the past 2-3 weeks. Nothing beat it, chemio/radio therapies doesnt seems to work.

She is going to left behind her 2 sons (2 and 5) and her husband... she is only 37 :(

So she sent us a mail yesterday... a very hard to read one :( Today is hard to get going. Somehow I'm not motivated on anything.

Life is hard and unfair :'(

Really sorry to hear that.  I wish you and her all the best.

Cancer sucks. I've lost close friends to it, and have several who are in the state of "well, we think you are cured. Unless it comes back". It is a shitty thing.

Sorry to hear.

@sebt3: I'm so sorry this is happening to your friend and that you are all having to go through this. My thoughts to you all. You will always have support here from all of us in the Caring Corner, and from everyone in this community, if you should need or want it. *hugs*.

Wars should be banned on environmental, and health&safety grounds.

When was the last time an army took care to clear the area before live firing on a battlefield? or followed proper disposal procedures for damaged equipment?

@sebt3: very bad news... in cases like this I always hope that the doctors are wrong

I don't know what to say. I hope she got a bit more time then doctors think and that she spend it in a good way for her and her family. This is sad :(

Sad news, I too hope she somehow manages to get better too

Ticked today because someone felt  the need to get in my business when they have no idea what they are talking about!  Shut your face if you don't know all the facts!

@America: That sucks that someone has made you feel ticked off. Would you like to share what happened?

Unfortunately, some people have a tendency to judge or form opinions without knowing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back