The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have a foolproof way to rid yourself of depression without using meds. I call it, "Remember that at least you're not JDTAY."

Sadly though, it doesn't work for me. :(
If you develop a multiple personality disorder then you can be someone else from time to time.

Or perhaps you should just change who you are, i.e. change what it means to be JDTAY, which might not be a bad idea anyway. I mean that in a 'the current you is what got you depressed' kind of sense.

@Caine Easier said than done.
Believe me, I know. I am working on it.

Discarding the bad habits I picked up the last few years and restoring the good ones that I lost is already quite hard.
More fundamental personality traits are much, much harder to adapt.

I must admit, I'm making good use of the 'ignore thread' feature that I think got recently introduced. Just mouseover 'thread tools' at the top and select 'ignore thread', and you won't see it again unless you go to your profile and reenable it.

Post your motivational quotes, videos, books, advice, and supplements here. Or just discuss motivation in general.

I'd post that Shia LaBeouf video, but apparently the original is gone, and I don't trust the others. >_>

If you are feeling depressed remember that at least you're not JDTAY.
It is not a literal quote, I tried to rephrase it a bit.

<edit>
I feel that I need to add some words to this before it is misunderstood. You know I am just messing around, right? This is intended to be taken tongue-in-cheek, in a don't take life too serious kind a way.

Depending on energy levels these kind of jokes can sometimes hit you hard. If you are ever having a seriously bad moment, feel free to PM me and talk about it. I mean this seriously. I am not certain how I can help, but from my own experience talking is a good thing.

Hang in there buddy.
</edit>

Last edited:
In the past two years I learned everyone at my job was mostly motivated by getting some kind or respect for the work they do.
Everyone likes to matter, that you add something to the world. So at I see a lot of companies doing it wrong and they act like employees are numbers or live stock.
While that might also be true for the company it doesn't feel right and it doesn't motivate people.

For motivational stuff: at my work in some office there are demotivational posters. I like how negative they are in a funny way.
For me it is a reminder I'm working with people, I'll treat work as work and people as people.

One example I like: https://despair.com/collections/demotivators/products/mistakes

Hang in there buddy.
2762151733_ddd714994e.jpg

Well shoot, my psych appointment did not go well. She just recommended that I get out more, exercise more, and use the internet less. Where are the magic drugs to fix all my problems??

Thankfully, I have a follow-up in just four weeks. I need to be more specific about getting the magic problem fixing drugs.

sounds like good advice for anyone...

can we merge this with another thread? like absurdism or caring corner? or even ultimative small talkt?

The key is not to rely on the magic drugs, your psychiatrist is very good.

Get your self-esteem and fitness right and you should be starting to feel better. I reckon do some group fitness classes if you can (ones that are like personal training sessions, not the les mils crap). I have been doing them for 2 years now and I feel rather positive and more in control of myself than I was in the past.

Well shoot, my psych appointment did not go well. She just recommended that I get out more, exercise more, and use the internet less. Where are the magic drugs to fix all my problems??

Thankfully, I have a follow-up in just four weeks. I need to be more specific about getting the magic problem fixing drugs.
You can joke about it all you want, but the advice is sound. If my own experiences are any indication then every fibre of your being is resisting and fighting the common sense to go out for a bit. Do not give in to that urge. You do not need to go exercise crazy if that is not your thing, but just go out for a walk in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back