Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

Oh man, that difference is so concrete... now I'm seriously considering upgrading. Is the test run actually over, or is there still room for more orders? I'd switch my preorder for one of those babies.

Oh man, that difference is so concrete... now I'm seriously considering upgrading. Is the test run actually over, or is there still room for more orders? I'd switch my preorder for one of those babies.
Check this out:
There's gonna be a bigger run, but you can still get into the "first batch" of 1Ghz.

Can you give an example, what works on ntfs and doesn't on Fat?

Files > 4Gb should be the most important ntfs advantage.

Attributes are another. There are a handful additional advantages, most of which are irrelevant with a Pandora. Biggest disadvantage is the more difficult support (fat32 being ubiquitous and supported everywhere).

I received the 1 GHz Pandora yesterday. Cool wood box. I was #15 in the queue and got box #19.

This is my third Pandora (original first batcher, new nub first batcher, and now 1 GHz.)

The improved capacity is noticeable in Firefox.

Using Firefox on the 1 GHz running at 1 GHz is much faster and smoother than on the 600 MHz running at 1 GHz with swap file.

The only thing that I have really tried so far is Firefox.

And yes since I got box #19 this song has been stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/byCCmBwRjGw?feature=oembed

A big thank you to the software devs and OP team. B)

Number 32 here chiming in that my unit shipped earlier this morning to Connecticut USA. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival! Will post an unboxing video of sorts when its here! =D

Well now would you look at that. Apparently unit 46 begins its journey to Montreal today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Number 32 here chiming in that my unit shipped earlier this morning to Connecticut USA. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival! Will post an unboxing video of sorts when its here! =D

Look at that another 1ghz owner in the New England area. I'm #132 here in Rhode Island.

Yep happy for them and so Jealous all rolled into one ;)

Luke: You know, I think that Pandora unit we bought may have been stolen.

Uncle Owen: What makes you think that?

No. 69 arrived several days ago in bavaria, germany. (after a traveldistance of approximately 150 kilometers, =D) Awesome performance so far. Everything works out of the "wooden" box ;) . Just inserted both of my old sd cards and offffff we gooo.

Dungeon Keeper almost runs with fullspeed under qemu now. Quite some performance boost compared to the 600 mhz units (same counts for comanche 1.0 under DOS and several other stuff as you can guess)

pcsx rearmed r14 runs like a charm for me as well now.

(had some slow downs in tekken 3 and so on before)

nice job guys !

keep up the good work.

see ya !

Yeah from what I gather, all UK orders are through craig. Can I assume correctly that they’re being tested before shipping?

just btw. : Didnt get an email either

(only the UPS delivery notification or whatever it is called)

Lol I'm #70, so it's quite a good thing to know you have your 69 box! It feels almost like im next (yes I know everyone is on different lists). Still, its a good thing :)

No 57 and no email?? is that cos im in the UK

Ed just used the boxes in a random order, so number '69' on Eds list could easily be number 15.

There is no order to his units, so don't let the fact that you're 57 make you think we have missed you out, we haven't, however we are really close to 57.

Hopefully yours will arrive soon too =D

Wish you guys good luck !

Mine runs below 5% power right now...

*someone give me a power plug connector in the middle of the garden... right now !!!*

Bye bye =)

Any updates on how many Pandora 1Ghz unit left to be shipped?

Have they been all completed?

^_^

They have not been completed yet. I believe (Guessing) they are about a 1/3 done.

Yes, it's hard to say & I think ED has quite a lot of emails to read so getting an exact ETA is a bit tricky. I guess there are two batches of PCB's left to be populated, and then they have all the cases, LCD's etc already, so fingers crossed those of us who upgraded in June/July will get them by mid-end September.

Doesn't seem any bottleneck or problem now, just the case of getting the boards and building lovely 1 Ghz units, whic of course is quite a labour intensive task!

EDIT: Evil Dragon beat me too it! :)

Back