Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

hey does it mean only 20 units were shipped during the month of july? :(

20 1Ghz units. I believe they said that's about the number that passed the initial soldering run. Now that they've been built, tested, xrayed, and shipped, they can start making more of them using the same process.

No, 40 were built, but 20 were sent out by craig, while ED waited for the boxes to ship his.

I'm not 100% sure when the next 100 or so units will be built, but we have been told that:

1.) They are fully financed, so we don't need to wait for more 1Ghz unit sales before they can build the current orders

2.) There doesn't seem to be any bottleneck or crisis (Volcanoes, Case Supply, Nub supply, PCB supply, LCD Cables or PCB population factory issues) that will prevent the team building more.

Not sure when the next run is, but I reckon we have a really good chance for it in August and I suppose they can do a larger run now too, maybe 40 or something?

Is there a 1Ghz status page?

^

Global Components does the production now :) . I'm sure we'll get all remaining 1GHz units shipped in August.

Its in :) Its Awesome, even better then i thought, i posted a thank you in the Ask Craig section, il post some screenies in the generals soon.

I am too busy with the first timers documentation now :D

I took a day off for this, so plenty of time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to hear you talking. We need screenshots, videos and the MHz you can clock to :p .

(I love bad/black humor).

Have fun :)

agreed with you,we need more visual proof >_<

Its on my facebook for now :)

http://www.facebook.com/frankie.vos

It goes up to 1300 mhz, but havent tried running a game yet, will do soon, i am still configuring :)

Controls are great, i love navigating trough XFCE with the nubs, moving rigt nub left for selecting, moving right nub up for executing, left nub moves the mouse, and the directional keys are for going trough menus', its really smooth.

So far, everything works, wi fi, nubs, touch screen, sd card reader, suberb.

Welcome fellow Pandorian, may your Pandora hardware bring you much joy and excitement!

(Also screenies and videos of the 1GHz model in action would be appreciated!)

Tnx, and will do, gotta take a break from my pandora for groceries, but upon return il try out the first games, and see how much mhz my unit can deal with, and post n64 experiences.

Can you please try Dosbox or Qemu ? I'm curious to know if 3D DOS games like Lands of Lore 2 are playable at 1.3 GHZ...

Its in :) Its Awesome, even better then i thought, i posted a thank you in the Ask Craig section, il post some screenies in the generals soon.

Hehe, didn't I warn you that this would interfere with your work...

God to hear you got it, and can't wait for mine.

I'm #106 in the queue and really hope I am in the next batch...

I am leaving next Thursday for 2 weeks vacation in the US, so it might just be waiting for me when I get home.

484598_334301593327459_1369460788_n.jpg

For those who can't access or see Foxgod's facebook picture.

Can you please try Dosbox or Qemu ? I'm curious to know if 3D DOS games like Lands of Lore 2 are playable at 1.3 GHZ...

Il look into how to make a Qemu image now with the games you mentioned, and il try em out asap.

Hehe, didn't I warn you that this would interfere with your work...

God to hear you got it, and can't wait for mine.

I'm #106 in the queue and really hope I am in the next batch...

I am leaving next Thursday for 2 weeks vacation in the US, so it might just be waiting for me when I get home.

Lol so true, the free time is essential, hopefully youl like your pandora as much as i do mine.

484598_334301593327459_1369460788_n.jpg

For those who can't access or see Foxgod's facebook picture.

Tnx for posting it, no idea why i didnt do it myself, think i had my full mind on the panda and simply forgot :D

When holding it its about 5 x more awesome then it looks in pictures :)

ANother tip for new users who have problems running emulators, dont use FAT32 as a filesystem, use NTFS instead after installing the codec pack hosted on the Pandora site.

This Pandora looks exactly like my own, beside my unit ditnt have the 1 ghz Board, but the First Batch 256 mb Ram Board, and the Black Stylus from my old Black Case, because it looks diverent to the platin case :)

This Pandora looks exactly like my own, beside my unit ditnt have the 1 ghz Board, but the First Batch 256 mb Ram Board, and the Black Stylus from my old Black Case, because it looks diverent to the platin case :)

Yep, and the case is really well done, no scratches, smudges etch, its really proffessional

Back