Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

Better don't use ntfs...

Can you give an example, what works on ntfs and doesn't on Fat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some quick news:

The next 150 PCBs have been produced and will be tested and assembled next week.

We don't know the failure rate yet, as some parameters have been changed, but hopefully it's better than last time.

So we'll continue next week. :)

Some quick news:

The next 150 PCBs have been produced and will be tested and assembled next week.

We don't know the failure rate yet, as some parameters have been changed, but hopefully it's better than last time.

So we'll continue next week. :)

Hooray! :) are you able to say how many PCBs you need for your current orders ED?

Better don't use ntfs...

Can you give an example, what works on ntfs and doesn't on Fat?

Psx rearmed keeps crashing, is there a downside to using ntfs?

Under windows its pretty secure.

Edit:

Now that i think of it, i was doing so many things at that moment, that the crashing may have been related to bios files being named in Uppercase.

O well, if theres a good reason to have FAT32 over NTFS, il convert the partition.

True, but ext3 is a journaling filesystem, too but still has issues on an sdcard. I had the best stability and lowest corruption on fat32.

Edit: Also I wouldn't want to always get another card, put the codec pack on it and install it after flashing before I can use ntfs cards in the Pandora. But maybe thats just me.

I once borked my nand, while I had no internet and could flash it because I had the needed files on my sd.

If you use ntfs, you can't reflash without another fat32 card with the rootfs on it.

True, but ext3 is a journaling filesystem, too but still has issues on an sdcard. I had the best stability and lowest corruption on fat32.

for data only card there's no question... fat32 over ntfs or ext3... but there's a linux partition format targeted at nand and sd cards, no? not sure of its name...

Edit: Also I wouldn't want to always get another card, put the codec pack on it and install it after flashing before I can use ntfs cards in the Pandora. But maybe thats just me.

I once borked my nand, while I had no internet and could flash it because I had the needed files on my sd.

If you use ntfs, you can't reflash without another fat32 card with the rootfs on it.

Format in progress :)

Tnx for the tip.

Mines at my parents place.I will have it tomorrow night or friday morning. Will do an unboxing video friday.

Did it arrive?
Yup and 666 it is. :D Going to put a quick video up soon and then tinker with it and get uae 2.0 running for an a1200 miggy video. The assembly and build quality is even better. the shoulder buttons are significantly better.way more travel.

video is uploading.Post unboxing video because i messed up the first video.Using a friends computer+net so its gonna take 2 hours or so.

So does anyone here have both a regular Pandy and the 1Ghz version? I'm curious if I could encourage someone to do a little "vs" review of the two units, speaking on pros / cons?

I'm finding myself tempted to upgrade. =P

does anyone know where the 3d software download is for the 1ghz pandoras? ed put it in a thread cant find it though.search on forums not so good.

So does anyone here have both a regular Pandy and the 1Ghz version? I'm curious if I could encourage someone to do a little "vs" review of the two units, speaking on pros / cons?

I'm finding myself tempted to upgrade. =P
Taken from another thread in the 1GHz section:

Ahh Thank you for referencing that. Something to stew about. ^_^

Jeez, that comparison video, there is no contest, the 1GHz panda is infinitely superior to the original SoC.

Superior, yes. By a factor of 2, maybe. Probably more like 1.4 - 1.6 or so. Don't exaggerate: 2 does not equal infinity :)

1 is 1 and can't, and will never reach 2 (or even 1.4 - 1.6) so 2 is infinity compared to 1.

1 is 1 and can't, and will never reach 2 (or even 1.4 - 1.6) so 2 is infinity compared to 1.
LOL nice one

But seriously after seeing that video there's no way I'm getting the original; I have a Droid A855 and N64oid runs most games better on it.

I know its impossible to compare a cell phone to a Pandora but I still want something that'll perform better than what I already have.

Back