Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

Im amazed at times just how mant people seem to want a backlit keyboard on the pandora. Imo it's an entirely superfluous feature.

I use it in the dark a lot. The white markings can be seen ok but the blue function markings are completely invisible unless you tilt the screen down toward the keyboard.

I think it would be neat if you had a backlit keyboard with the option of turning off the backlight if you don't need it. I personally would find it great for using the Pandora at night. I've had to turn my Pandora off because I kept hitting the wrong keys. I would gladly give up some battery life at night to be able to see the keys. Of course, that's my opinion, YMMV.

I would gladly give up some battery life at night to be able to see the keys.

not necessarily a big impact for the battery life if you light the keyboard up with one LED. ok it isn't a backlit system but it is sufficient to see the keyboard and less impacting for the battery.

(for the design it is better to have an integrated LED and not a USB thing to plug ^^ )

Last edited by a moderator:
After some practice it is not that hard to blind-type on the Pandora. Even coding. I would not use the backlight on keys if the Pandora had it (my laptop has backlight keys and I always switch them off) - not needed when there's light, distracting in the dark. For those rare occasions when you need a key you rarely use, it suffices to use the screen light to check.

That said, the keys could be less shiny, and the blue (Fn) stuff could be a bit brighter.

One more day and they start rolling toward us :) :)

Soon.......

You are excused if you go AWOL for the next couple of days after receiving your box of awesomeness.

Do you by any chance have vacation or will the new Pandora affect your work? :D

Soon.......

You are excused if you go AWOL for the next couple of days after receiving your box of awesomeness.

Do you by any chance have vacation or will the new Pandora affect your work? :D

No, but my work will affect my Pandora usage =((((

I am glad i have a job tho :p :) , with all the current economic problems and all.

It will be sitting on my desk at work, i will contantly keep my eye on it, and make sure other people wont get closer then 1.5 meters!

Il bring a pointy metal stick to work so i can poke people that come too close :p

Soon.......
Can't wait.The new case should be sweet.1ghz+wireless touchpad enabled keyboard+tv out+wireless headphones!Me sorted.

I just ordered an SD card, 64 gb, only need the headphones, but i need to look for a good pair that dont make my hearing aids whistle.

If the shells press too hard against my ears it makes the 'aids' unhappy.

And you dont mess with the 'aids'

I have some Bayerdynamics one, but i dont know, if there are good,

on my Sony Mp3 Walkman, the Sound is great whit they.., but as i dont have something to competition whit them, beside of my old Sennheiser CX 300 II, i dont know..

There is a new Pandora Carring Case??? Or dit Craig mean a New Cardboard Box??

I carry my Pandora in a Case for a DSXL, or some thing from Nintendo Club...

I just use this zipper pouch thing that came with my desktop PC's power supply that held the various cables(though I usually can just shove it into my pocket) & I store my cheap sony earbuds in an old breath mint container(that I can just put in my pocket without them getting damaged by whatever else goes in my pocket).

Anywayz. I'd honestly like to see backlighting for keyboard in future design. When irresponsibly using my pandora as a music player in my car on the interstate at night, it'd be a lot better(& safer) to be able to just glance & see what key I need to hit to skip a song, rather than constantly holding 1 hand on the button(though this problem could be remedied if someone could tell me of an audio player for the pandora that will let me use the shoulder buttons to skip songs).

Looks like we will be shipping 20 1Ghz units on Tuesday if all goes to plan, in the new boxes.

Being #24 in the queue sucks sometimes. ;)

Congrats!
Eh, that just means when the first batch explodes into a swarm of polar bears that eats all of the left shoes of the 1-20 people, you can take comfort in knowing they'll fix that problem before it gets to you ;)

Anywayz. I'd honestly like to see backlighting for keyboard in future design. When irresponsibly using my pandora as a music player in my car on the interstate at night, it'd be a lot better(& safer) to be able to just glance & see what key I need to hit to skip a song, rather than constantly holding 1 hand on the button(though this problem could be remedied if someone could tell me of an audio player for the pandora that will let me use the shoulder buttons to skip songs).

Try Rockbox. It's on the repo.

Back