Test Drive

Can anyone clarify on:

• Does "FM" mean the Pyra has an FM broadcast radio reciever?
  • What a "Modem Ignite" is?

Last edited by a moderator:
* USB-Host Currency Converter  * Modem Ignite
Need some clarification here... What exchange rate does the "USB-Host Currency Converter" use when converting Dollars to Euros?

Is the Modem Ignite a cigarette lighter? How does it work?

Yeah I visited an internetcafe in Germany once, should have brought my own keyboard, well the letters were a bit shuffled but the @ was very hard to find, try typing an email address without that ;-)

What would be the point of a keyboard layout thread? Hasn't the whole world settled on Qwerty already?
Nope, at least not in Europe ... in Germany we use QWERTZ and and I think Frenchpeople like AZERTY or something ...
Well I know that, but most products that are sold internationally are sold with the Qwerty keyboard. Why should the Pyra be any different?

Yeah I visited an internetcafe in Germany once, should have brought my own keyboard, well the letters were a bit shuffled but the @ was very hard to find, try typing an email address without that ;-)
CTRL-SHIFT-U 40 CTRL-SHIFT

Can anyone clarify on:

• Does "FM" mean the Pyra has an FM broadcast radio reciever?
  • What a "Modem Ignite" is?
FM: depends on whether we can really get the combined WiFi/BT/FM chip or if we have to replace it by something with different featuresModem Ignite: a gpio that triggers the "IGNITE" input of the 3G/4G modem module, i.e. enables power

Currency Converter: damn auto-fixing spell-checkers - should be "Current Converter"

Last edited by a moderator:
Naja, a FM Receiver would mean, whe have to hear the shitty german Radio Musik (Lady Gaga, Helene Fischer) and have to pay  "GEZ"  ..

At the other side: somethimes a Radio can be usefull..

And you can still hear C64 SID Via Rockbox..

Lots of interesting ships i dotnt understand but be happy to have..

Naja, a FM Receiver would mean, whe have to hear the shitty german Radio Musik (Lady Gaga, Helene Fischer) and have to pay "GEZ" ..

At the other side: somethimes a Radio can be usefull..

And you can still hear C64 SID Via Rockbox..

Lots of interesting ships i dotnt understand but be happy to have..
You already pay GEZ in germany. Its over an year, that you have to pay for each livinggroup (Haushalt) and not for every sibgle device.
So don't mind thinks like that

Was just a joke, sure i know i allready pay, even if i only sing for myself..

OK Than im looking forward to hear helene fisher from my shiny new pyra ... :unsure:

What would be the point of a keyboard layout thread? Hasn't the whole world settled on Qwerty already?
Nope, at least not in Europe ... in Germany we use QWERTZ and and I think Frenchpeople like AZERTY or something ...
Well I know that, but most products that are sold internationally are sold with the Qwerty keyboard. Why should the Pyra be any different?
The Pyra doesn't have room for even a laptop-style 88-key compact QWERTY layout, so all of the symbolic keys to the right of the alphanumeric ones have to be relocated.

Back