SuperZaxxon v1.72-RC

One issue report though :

I tried to change the nubs behavior to make the right one act as mouse and left one as buttons (since I have issues with my nubs) and while it works while I am in the nubs configurator, when I exit that window the behavior is not saved and comes back to normal.
Unable to reproduce.

Is that some custom configurator?

Can you check if /etc/pandora/conf/nubs.state contents change when you hit "write bub settings", and also permissions of that file?

Any errors in /tmp/pndrun_nubconfigurator.out ?

I'm not surprised when Dunny gets into trouble, but you...

actually found  that the op_wfi script is not enabling/disabling wifi?
Works for me, are you running it with sudo?

Overclocking seems to have improved. I will be running a proper test tonight, but before my Pandora would freeze quite quickly above 1.147GHz but after flashing this update I had it briefly clocked at 1.3GHz with the CPU Stress test. I'm quite surprised by this! :D
Hmm I don't see how that could happen, maybe you had your pandora repaired and ED changed the board?

Last edited by a moderator:

I tried to change the nubs behavior to make the right one act as mouse and left one as buttons (since I have issues with my nubs) and while it works while I am in the nubs configurator, when I exit that window the behavior is not saved and comes back to normal.
Unable to reproduce.Is that some custom configurator?

Can you check if /etc/pandora/conf/nubs.state contents change when you hit "write bub settings", and also permissions of that file?

Just a thought but could this be the result of running the nub configurator while there is another PND already running that restores the nub configuration on exit to what it was when the PND was started?
-Neelix

Unable to reproduce.

Is that some custom configurator?

I'm not surprised when Dunny gets into trouble, but you...

actually found  that the op_wfi script is not enabling/disabling wifi?
Works for me, are you running it with sudo?

ah right thanks added sudo onto shortcut command and script is running

Overclocking seems to have improved. I will be running a proper test tonight, but before my Pandora would freeze quite quickly above 1.147GHz but after flashing this update I had it briefly clocked at 1.3GHz with the CPU Stress test. I'm quite surprised by this! :D
Hmm I don't see how that could happen, maybe you had your pandora repaired and ED changed the board?

Just a thought but could this be the result of running the nub configurator while there is another PND already running that restores the nub configuration on exit to what it was when the PND was started?
pnd_run can deal with that (and it works for me).

I also run into instances of the Pandora hanging and showing the green led like it is under heavy load, with no reactions for a bit after boot (similar to a computer, you have to wait a while after booting)

That isn't there in 1.71

You mean the SD card LED? The left one or the right one?

Could you remove the SD cards and see if that still happens?

And this is a temporary thing, not a complete hang?

Temporary thing and maybe a bit nit picky

It is the led all the way left on the very end. It shows solid for a good 3-4 second after boot. During that time nothing can be selected or opened but the mouse can be moved.

That said it does appear a bit quicker after all is well

I noticed it because as soon as 1.71 loaded the desktop you were good to go, so I was just surprised at it.

I noticed it because as soon as 1.71 loaded the desktop you were good to go, so I was just surprised at it.
Ok it seems it was a bug after all. Try running OS upgrade and see if it helps.
Xarchiver refuses to launch for me.
That's probably after SZ 1.70 lib update, removing libs from .pnd should help. Try PM'ing mcobit, doing that shouldn't take much of his time.

Great update, notaz-- thanks! My Pandora feels a lot more responsive now. :)

----

I had that same problem-- running it with sudo solved the problem.

"sudo pnd_run  /usr/pandora/apps/op_nub.pnd", or whatever the PND was called.

Perhaps it's a perm issue?

I flashed mine to 1.72rc the other day and here were my problems:

1. Wifi wouldn't connect.  It stayed in the 'connecting' state.  My USB wifi had no problems, though.

2. My custom icon set wouldn't work.

3. The apps under 'Settings' would randomly disappear.

4. The right nub was kind of flakey.  The 'right mouse click' only worked when it felt like it, even after calibrating.

I ran the update a few times and nothing cleared up for me.

I flashed back to 1.71 and all is well.

I flashed mine to 1.72rc the other day and here were my problems:

1. Wifi wouldn't connect.  It stayed in the 'connecting' state.  My USB wifi had no problems, though.
CC unit I guess? Probably should default to the old behavior when CC unit is detected, for now you can change it yourself:http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17764-wifi-driver-kernel-updated-please-test/?p=386806/URL]

2. My custom icon set wouldn't work.
What icon sets? How to reproduce?
3. The apps under 'Settings' would randomly disappear.
Please oh please be more specific.
4. The right nub was kind of flakey.  The 'right mouse click' only worked when it felt like it, even after calibrating.
The OS can't influent nub movements, you should check the input tester if it also misbehaves there, probably a random fluke.
I ran the update a few times and nothing cleared up for me.
Did you reboot?
I flashed back to 1.71 and all is well.
Without more info from you your issues will never be fixed, I can't reproduce and nobody else seems to be experiencing them.

Probably should default to the old behavior when CC unit is detected

CC unit here, and on a direct test between the two modes couple of days ago, the current default worked better after all (only speed differences though, both work stable). But maybe that's just me. As long as it keeps being toggleable, I don't mind.

Without more info from you your issues will never be fixed, I can't reproduce and nobody else seems to be experiencing them.
I'm running a 1Ghz.  I gave 1.72rc another shot and the nubs are working fine as is the built in wifi.  I'm thinking the icon set "Buuf3.10" was causing the system to flake out.  When I would switch to it in Appearance  a "Missing Resources" window would pop up saying "The NetworkManager applet could not find some required resources.  It cannot continue".  I've since decided to stick with the pre-installed set and everything is good.  No more issues with the Setting menu, either.

Back