SuperZaxxon v1.72-RC

I think it's the servers that's the problem not your Pandora WiFi.  
I not only tested the repo of course. ;)   All sites are slow, no download went over ~60kb/s  and on my PC everything is fine. How can the Pandora have superb WiFi one day and the next day it's totaly crap like...well...always before? ^^"

Last edited by a moderator:
I really would like to be able to access my Windows shares from the Pandy too... but I remember having a thread on this ages ago, some issues with HomeShare or something, I can't remember now; but that's not a massive thing either
I'm using this quite heavily, although the server is on a Linux PC. I just mount it like this:

mount -t cifs //10.0.1.1/share /mnt/share/ -o username=notaz,uid=notaz

Ginge is now black screening. Not sure if that's related to this update.
Just an update it seems Ginge is working fine from mini menu but not from the XFCE desktop.
Dunno it works for me from XFCE (tested the original Cave Story).

I not only tested the repo of course. ;)   All sites are slow, no download went over ~60kb/s  and on my PC everything is fine. How can the Pandora have superb WiFi one day and the next day it's totaly crap like...well...always before? ^^"
The wifi is very unpredictable, although it shouldn't be as extreme as it is for you. There is ARM9 CPU inside the chip and when it doesn't like something, it decides to throttle itself to some slow speed. This mostly happens on CC, MWeston's tweaks for rebirth/1GHz seemed to solve that throttling problem at least.

But it even doesn't get better when I disable WiFi powersaving... hmm... and since when do Computers "decide" anything of their own? IM THE USER! I'M IN COMAND! OBEY, DAMN COMP!!! :D   

Well, so I guess I only can hope that my Pandora will have some "good days" again sometimes. ^^"

Ginge is now black screening. Not sure if that's related to this update.
Just an update it seems Ginge is working fine from mini menu but not from the XFCE desktop.
Dunno it works for me from XFCE (tested the original Cave Story).
Thanks Notaz. I'm not sure what's happening then. I'm just glad it's still running via mini menu. I will probably do a full flash (to get the nand improvements) and see if that helps.

Wanted to stop and offer a few comments.  First of all THANK YOU to Notaz for this amazing update.   I decided to do the full update rather than incremental updates that I had been doing to gain the nand space.

First WIFI improvements are super wonderful.  Smooth, fast, and consistent across multiple routers.  I connected from home, work and travel and all connections are stable flow is good and snappy.  That by itself is worth the update.

Second - System speed.  Is it my imagination or did the system seem to get a bit snappier.  Maybe with the wipe it cleared some clutter, but all afternoon my Pandora has been operating so smoothly I almost though I had a new machine.  Running at 1.1 ghz and things are flying.  I especially noted the change in the LibreOffice software.  Or maybe it was in my head.  haha!

Thanks for this outstanding update and for your hard work.  It is appreciated so much!

thanks Notaz

a question - where have the OP scripts been moved to? i want to setup keyboard shortcut for wifi?

thanks

As there are no obvious problem reports, I'm going to rename this release from RC to final sometime in the next few days.

Second - System speed.  Is it my imagination or did the system seem to get a bit snappier.  Maybe with the wipe it cleared some clutter, but all afternoon my Pandora has been operating so smoothly I almost though I had a new machine.  Running at 1.1 ghz and things are flying.  I especially noted the change in the LibreOffice software.  Or maybe it was in my head.  haha!
Maybe the DMA tweaks and other performance backports helped your case.Anyway glad to see the improvements are noticeable!

a question - where have the OP scripts been moved to? i want to setup keyboard shortcut for wifi?
Hmm I haven't moved any scripts, which one do you have in mind?Everything should be in /usr/pandora/scripts/ as usual.

AMAZING UPDATE notaz!

After a full reflash i am getting unseen speed with the internal wifi, like stuff I could never experience without a USB dongle until now - SO MUCH BETTER!

I can now stream youtube videos with The Tube without interruption - very impressive.

And I confirm that the system seems more responsive overall.

Great improvement on Wifi:

Download: From 70KB to 500KB aprox.

Upload: From 20KB to 100KB aprox.

No need to use external wifi to upload anymore, ;)

Keep up the good work.

My WiFi got less stable and pale moon freezes all the time with 1.72.. Pndmanager works though

Tried twice with 1.72, first through upgrade then went back to 1.71, then did a fresh install of 1.72. Same problems each time with 1.72

Back to 1.71 for me

One issue report though :

I tried to change the nubs behavior to make the right one act as mouse and left one as buttons (since I have issues with my nubs) and while it works while I am in the nubs configurator, when I exit that window the behavior is not saved and comes back to normal.

I tried to change the nubs behavior to make the right one act as mouse and left one as buttons (since I have issues with my nubs) and while it works while I am in the nubs configurator, when I exit that window the behavior is not saved and comes back to normal.
Yeah, I had that too - the trick is to use the log off/restart option from the pandora menu while the nub configurator is still open. Then your preferences will stick.

D.

Yeah, I had that too - the trick is to use the log off/restart option from the pandora menu while the nub configurator is still open. Then your preferences will stick.

D.
Maybe this works, but this was not a problem in 1.71.

As there are no obvious problem reports, I'm going to rename this release from RC to final sometime in the next few days.

Maybe the DMA tweaks and other performance backports helped your case.
Anyway glad to see the improvements are noticeable!

Hmm I haven't moved any scripts, which one do you have in mind?
Everything should be in /usr/pandora/scripts/ as usual.
sorry thought it defaulted to this path on using keyboard setting for some reason, thanks

actually found  that the op_wfi script is not enabling/disabling wifi?

Overclocking seems to have improved. I will be running a proper test tonight, but before my Pandora would freeze quite quickly above 1.147GHz but after flashing this update I had it briefly clocked at 1.3GHz with the CPU Stress test. I'm quite surprised by this! :D

Back