SuperZaxxon v1.54 RC released

Zero3K: I think Notaz may have already fixed that. (see the OTG thread in Support) Try running Upgrade Pandora OS again to get the latest kernel revision and see if that makes any difference.

- Neelix
I updated to the latest kernel via "Upgrade Pandora OS". The keyboard is working now after enabling USB Host and disconnecting the connected mini-USB cable.

Nice to have an upgrade. It is it safe to flash this new one or should I just wait until a more final version comes out? Also, are people able to boot the older kernel with this new firmware? For some odd reason, I cannot do that on my 1GHZ Pandora, but the 600mhz one does it just fine.

Note that the whole system just spits out the .desktop file; you can find it in /usr/share/applications likely, and then pluck out the Exec= line that is being generated.

Then you can copy/paste that Exec= line into terminal (without the Exec= part at the front of course :) , to watch things run live, in case you need to.

Its possible theres a bug of course, or somethign retarded going on, but it'd be surprising; I made a couple really dumb little test pnds that just pop up image viewers, and could run them a dozen times in a row no problem. But obviously Arora is much bigger, and who knows, maybe xfce is doijng something stupid or whatever, and the long startup/shutdown on the pnd may be tripping things up.

I'd try firing the pnd up the first time after a fresh reboot, and looking at the debug out then, before you close the pnd.. se eif theres any monkey business going on up front.

If I get a moment, I'll take a peek, but not sure how many moments I have today.

edit: does it matter which kind of file you're opening?
Just retested. It worked like a charm ! So I guess it was just a glitch, caused by something else... I'll do some other experiment with that file association :)

Question:

Once there was the problem, caused by missing packet "gnome-mount", that in GTK file open dialogs clicking on new drives (e.g. SD cards inserted after boot) resulted in an error.

I currently cannot reproduce that problem in 1.54RC, however, I just checked, and there is still no package gnome-mount installed.

So I assume it's not a 100% reproducible problem, but it's still existent.

Most recent mentioning of that problem was this one (reported yesterday, with SZ 1.53, as Mark wrote to me privately):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12393-could-not-mount-64gb-failed-to-execute-child-process-gnome-mount/

I created a firmware bugtracker ticket for that problem last year:

http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=290

As far as I can see, the fix is as simple as including the gnome-mount package in the firmware.

Would be great to have that resolved in 1.54-final.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:

Once there was the problem, caused by missing packet "gnome-mount", that in GTK file open dialogs clicking on new drives (e.g. SD cards inserted after boot) resulted in an error.

I currently cannot reproduce that problem in 1.54RC, however, I just checked, and there is still no package gnome-mount installed.

So I assume it's not a 100% reproducible problem, but it's still existent.

Most recent mentioning of that problem was this one (reported yesterday, with SZ 1.53, as Mark wrote to me privately):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12393-could-not-mount-64gb-failed-to-execute-child-process-gnome-mount/

I created a firmware bugtracker ticket for that problem last year:

http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=290

As far as I can see, the fix is as simple as including the gnome-mount package in the firmware.

Would be great to have that resolved in 1.54-final.
+1 for getting gnome-mount package included in firmware!

Thanks!

:)

Mark

Two things about power led brightness:

I've set power led normal operation to 40.

On my 1GHz, when booting, the led goes 40, then come back to full after the HAL line (can't really see).

Also, on both units, the led goes off way before the unit is really off. This is annoying.

Probably conflicts with /etc/init.d/led-config / /etc/default/leds . I'll leave that to ED as he is the one messing with LED stuff.

problems I encountered after upgrading SZ1.53 to 1.54beta via the OS updater on NAND:

PNDs in desktop folder now generate text files on the desktop. Clicking them opens a text editor and shows their contents. pndlib problem?

However, it MAY be related to my MIME database update tests. I am not sure about this. 

The volume and mixer applet icons in the tray are very small now.

Both issues can be seen on attached screenshot.

scrn.png

I don't see that; I have 2 pnds in my ....desktop and they show up with their desired icon and as executable on the desktop, as intended; oddly, I do have 2 other icons appeared that I didn't notice..

- one is for evince quickstart (and not related to pnd at all)

- one is for PanDebian, and it is in fact from a pnd; its stored in /usr/share/applications as normal, along with hundreds of other pnds

So the questions are..

- why aren't all pnds showing up on the desktop, if just one is..

- and why is evince showing up on desktop

ie: Theres _something else_ going on here, to put them on the desktop. Thats weird!

No idea offhand..

jeff

Another led bug.

Sometimes, my fat32 sd card isn't recognized at boot, mostly after a crash, sometimes just to annoy me.

Now, when the card doesn't work, its led stays on, even if i remove/reinsert the card.

I have some strange problem with wifi that started after the update... sometimes when I turn on wifi it doesn't even show the AP list, and even if I disable/enable this doesn't change, so I have to reboot.

If I'm not wrong seems like to happen when I put in standby while the Pandora is connected to an AP, then I turn it on again and the wifi start, but without APs to connect to... it doesn't happen always, but I had this issue 3 times from yesterday

Small issue, probably not new (don't know):

in the First Boot Wizard, the date adjustment dialog (calendar widget) shows the month with weeks beginning on Tuesday instead of Monday or Sunday.

Another small issue (that I know is not new, but maybe it can be fixed for 1.54final):

In the time adjustment dialog, as well as I guess all other First Boot Wizard's string input field dialogs, the input widget does not have focus, so the user needs to click into the field before he can begin to write. 

This is not optimal. User should be able to simply write the new value and press Enter to accomplish such a dialog.

Looking more deeply into this, it seems that not even the dialog itself has focus, as pressing Tab does not switch between the widgets of this dialog.

Two things about power led brightness:

I've set power led normal operation to 40.

On my 1GHz, when booting, the led goes 40, then come back to full after the HAL line (can't really see).

Also, on both units, the led goes off way before the unit is really off. This is annoying.
Probably conflicts with /etc/init.d/led-config / /etc/default/leds . I'll leave that to ED as he is the one messing with LED stuff.
 Was that an upgrade?

pandora-state sets the LED-brightness. On v1.53 led-config was run AFTER pandora-state (therefore resetting the brightness setting).

I changed the startup-order on v1.54, but it seems like opkg didn't update the rc-order. It works fine with a freshly flashed unit, so I guess that's an upgrade issue.

I don't know what switches off the power led that early, probably led-config as well (which is directly from Angström).

I can check that.

Another led bug.

Sometimes, my fat32 sd card isn't recognized at boot, mostly after a crash, sometimes just to annoy me.

Now, when the card doesn't work, its led stays on, even if i remove/reinsert the card.
Are you sure that wasn't the case before?

Nothing has been changed here, the LED-Config settings simply disable the LED or set it to mmc0 / mmc1 (same it was before).

Back