Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 3 released

Some great improvement there :) Just upgraded from beta 1

I am wondering if it makes any sense to run under 500mhz (or even 600mhz) with the new powersaving mode. Maybe the present for under 500mhz should be removed. Also does the setting for OPP work with the new kernel ?

I noticed that if I suspend the pandora while in pickelauncher (SNES9x) it makes the program crash. I need to test more thing now :)

Very tempting, thanks for the great additions! :)

Everytime I install a new kernel, I then customize a few things (especially the bottom launch bar). Is there a way to backup it, so I don't have to reconfigure everything each time I make an update?

Thanks! :)

I don't see any reason why to use the suspend mode. At the moment i have 153 hours runtime with closed lid.

That should be enough for me :D .

If I run any application and go into suspend mode will I also get 150+ hours as well?

Everytime I install a new kernel, I then customize a few things (especially the bottom launch bar). Is there a way to backup it, so I don't have to reconfigure everything each time I make an update?

Simple and dirty way :

cp -r $userhome/Applications/Settings/applications /media/whatever-support

cp -r $userhome/Applications/Settings/menus /media/whatever-support

cp -r $userhome/Applications/Settings/xfce4 /media/whatever-support

You just have to restore it after that.

I doubt it will work when logged.

I have a beta package in development for that, but i'm other things for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you install it to the SD card it says booting kernal 2.6.27 instead of kernal 3.2. is the fine outdated or just a forgotten change ?

The file /proc/pandora/game_button_mode seems to be missing. Anyone know if this intentional or a bug? I tried a few searches but couldn't find anything.

Edit: This only happens with the 3.2 kernel.

For this I did the following:

• copy existing home folder to SD card: sudo tar cf /media/SDCARD/backup.tar /home/USER
  • after the full flash get through the first boot and make sure to list the same user as you are using so far
  • after completing the firstboot wizard (with bootup settings and stuff) shutdown the pandora
  • reboot holding the R button and select to boot into CLI
  • login with your useraccount
  • cd / && sudo tar xf /media/SDCARD/backup.tar
  • reboot the system and see your old XFCE settings restored

I hope this helps a little. In fact it is a rather easy way to get your usersettings back. It does not restore settings in /etc/ though, but this is intentional since things here might be changed (intentionally!) by reflashing.

when you install it to the SD card it says booting kernal 2.6.27 instead of kernal 3.2. is the fine outdated or just a forgotten change ?
The archive used for the SD installer contains the 2.6 kernel image, the 3.2 kernel image is missing.

It may help:

-You have to install the new bootloader on the NAND.

-The new kernel is under /lib/boot, not boot

-The new kernel is under /lib/boot, not boot
Got it, thanks.

I can change the SD installer to use the kernel under /lib/boot, if there is one, instead of the one under /boot. Is this what people want?

On the other hand, if 3.2 is supposed to be the default, shouldn't they be the other way around?

The suspend to ram works fine on SD.

But it kills my right nub both on Zaxxon and Slackware. Have to reboot.

I used the new kernel from the firmware, not the one i recompiled.

Just followed Ivanovic's instructions and it worked beautifully! It even restored my wifi settings, including the WPA key, so this is great! :)

Two things to note though:

The first instruction should be : sudo tar cf /media/SDCARD/backup.tar /home/USER

and if you get an error related to gvfs when creating the tar file, just ignore it, it worked nonetheless.

Cheers! :)

Edit: removed the "-" in the tar command

Back