Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 3 released

Stuff still seems slow motion after suspending. This is especially visible in PNDManager, but shows in other applications too.

Hmmm, no issues with PCSXReARMed for me.

Haven't checked other stuff.

Is the clock speed set back correctly for you?

I also noticed this issue with SuperZaxxon Beta 2. To get back to normal you have to open the "set clock speed" dialog then change the value to a speed that hasn't been set before and click OK. After that the clock is set to the selected speed and you can go to any clock speed from there.

Brief example:

* You are at 800 MHz

* You go to suspend

* Pandora is powered up again

* Set the clock to 500 MHz

* Set it back to 800 MHz

This worked for me. I noticed that the speed after suspend was not even enough for Gameboy Emulation. PCSXReARMed changes the clock speed to 500 MHz on startup. This could be the reason why it does not happen here (I also had no issues with this emulator, only with others).

Last edited by a moderator:
Brief example:

* You are at 800 MHz

* You go to suspend

* Set it back to 800 MHz
Why are you talking about 500MHz all the time? With the release of HF5 (or was it 6?) the default clock was set to 600MHz, no longer at 500MHz.

I'll have to try the clock frequesncy re-setting next time I run into this. The widget showed me correctly at 750MHz, but stuff was running like I was at 125MHz :p

Brief example:

* You are at 800 MHz

* You go to suspend

* Set it back to 800 MHz
Why are you talking about 500MHz all the time? With the release of HF5 (or was it 6?) the default clock was set to 600MHz, no longer at 500MHz.

I have Hotfix 7 Beta 1 and it still defaults to 500MHz.

Brief example:

* You are at 800 MHz

* You go to suspend

* Set it back to 800 MHz

Even at SuperZaxxon B3, I get a default clock of 500 MHz. Is this something that is set by a script in my home directory?

I don't know what is the mHz frontier for the overdrive mode. 501, 599 ?

Small bonus btw.: My 16GB class 10 SDHC card that didn't work with the 2.6 kernel has no problems at all now.

i used v 1.6.0.1 will it matter? i.e. is mmc_core.removable=0 important?
If you run from SD and try to suspend, the system will crash without this.

hmm it doesn't though? someone mentioned earlier in thread it was on by default?

edit/ i must have downloaded latest version anyway!

i used v 1.6.0.1 will it matter? i.e. is mmc_core.removable=0 important?
If you run from SD and try to suspend, the system will crash without this.

hmm it doesn't though? someone mentioned earlier in thread it was on by default?

edit/ i must have downloaded latest version anyway!
To clarify: 1.6 has the mmc_core.removable=0 change, 1.6.1 has that AND has the console parameter change that notaz asked for.

It may help:

-You have to install the new bootloader on the NAND.

-The new kernel is under /lib/boot, not boot

with the new kernel in /lib/boot will i still be able to just drop in extracted image http://openpandora.o...-rootfs.tar.bz2 over my current hotfix7 on my sdcard? i.e. so i don't need to wipe everything on my card?

thanks
Not sure. You'll need to copy the new kernel from /lib/boot over to the BOOT partition. There may be other changes that could cause problems. I'd take a backup of the card first, or use a spare card if you can.

The default is 500MHz. You're wrong.

D.
Please run the following command in a shell to confirm this (best right after flashing):

Code:
cat /proc/pandora/cpu_mhz_max

For me this gives lovely '600' (MHz) as default.

Though I just checked and found a missing feature with kernel 3.2.x (yeah, was already the case in SuperZaxxon Beta1):

Pushing the right stick 'down' does no longer act as middle click. Still works with the old 2.6.27.x kernel.

Suspending with running PNDs works now!? Sort of...

Fact is: If the system detects a running PND, it goes not into standby, but rather only into Low Power Mode (which is also quite good concerning battery runtime, but Standby is about 4 times more efficient than Low Power mode, total runtime with Standby ~180 hours, with Low Power Mode 30-75 hours). Thus you first need to manually pause your game, then suspend, else your game runs on (in the Low Power Mode)!

Proof: Game "Giana's Return" running, game countdown at 140 seconds. Sliding power button to start standby. OP (seemingly) goes into standby. Power LED lights in less bright green (indicating standby). Waiting 60 seconds (with stop clock) then sliding power button again. OP resumes, screen goes on, "Giana's Return" is immediately responsive, counter at 79 seconds. Exactly 60 seconds, as in real time, have passed in the game! (The 1 seconds rounding error is just my finger/eye delay. 140 - 79 = 61 = 60 + 1)
I've just checked this, it does the unsafe suspend, and time passed is compensated on resume, otherwise it would confuse programs that try any kind of real time tracking. If you suspend for longer time with Giana, you'll see her death animation and only 1 life loss on resume, even if you suspend for 1 hour.

Checked dmesg, and it further proofs this.

For a real standby the Pandora logs:

Code:
Successfully put all powerdomains to target state.

For an attempted standby the Pandora logs:

Code:
Powerdomain (per_pwrdm) didn't enter state 1

Powerdomain (core_pwrdm) didn't enter state 1

Could not enter target state in pm_suspend

And then chooses Low Power Mode instead.
Seems to be unrelated bug, OMAP fails to suspend fully, perhaps because audio DMA is not drained.

Dave1234 maybe add some change logs to the additional info part of the repo for your app
Hadn't thought of that. Now done.

Edit: The full change log is too long for the repo but you can read it here.

Back