Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 3 released

Minimenu doesn't detect PND files in my SD card's /pandora/mmenu/ directory, but it detects PNDs in /pandora/apps/ just fine. I think this is because my SD card has a custom directory name (ie. it isn't denoted as /media/mmcblk0p1/ or /media/mmcblk1p1/).

EDIT: I have tried rescanning applications multiple times, always with the same results.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i put the unit in suspend while charging it (i don't know if the charging is related), it sometimes goes on by itself.

It happened three times under latest SZb3.
Only sometimes? Plugging in the charger triggers an interrupt which is effectively the same as flipping the power switch. It's the same as when you try to power off while charging, it just restarts. It should be doing the same for suspend all the time: if you plug in the charger it'll come out of suspend so the CPU can monitor the battery.

I never tried to plug the charger while suspended.

In my case:

-plug the charger

-suspend

-wait (a long time)

-the unit gets out of suspend

-did it three times, the unit wasn't fully charged

Maybe the charger did little cuts ?

Something needs to be done with the ehci-hcd.

A lot of ppl reports that "usb doesn't work anymore".

Maybe an usb icon that loads the module ?

Now if we could only get CDEVTOOLS.PND updated to be 100% compatible with this new version ..
Any news on this?

I tried compiling puredata with the cdevtools again and sound still isn't working.

The alsa-devices show up, but I get 'audio I/O stuck... closing audio' when configuring them.

(tcl/tk compiles and runs great though!)

Cool !

I think the user should also have the choice to have it on or off by default

Some ppl like i, use an usb to ethernet adapter for networking, so if the device has to be rebooted from a distant place and the usb is down at restart...

Does USB drain that much power that it has to be turned off? Or the other way around, saves deactivated USB battery power?

Does USB drain that much power that it has to be turned off? Or the other way around, saves deactivated USB battery power?
Uses around 3x more power when idle
Wow, and we still have so much battery life left, even with USB activated. It seems, in the Pandora are much more powersave ressources hidden, than I ever expected. :) I'm looking forward for the new Kernel and Zaxxon Version. It already has very promising powersave features, good work. ^^

My buddy has an new Ipod Touch, nice little device and fair battery time when only listening music. But when it comes to gaming, it is empty in 1-2 hrs. :D

Now if we could only get CDEVTOOLS.PND updated to be 100% compatible with this new version ..
Any news on this?
The cdevtools pnd always had some subtle library differences which can lead to strange errors anyway. But installing task-native-sdk with opkg still destroys the system, so I don't know any alternative.

Uses around 3x more power when idle

Wow, that is good news! I never connect anything to the Pandora, so USB is pointless for me. With that and Wifi permanently disabled (haven't used WiFi in about a year now), I should get some pretty nice battery life :)

D.

Wow, and we still have so much battery life left, even with USB activated. It seems, in the Pandora are much more powersave ressources hidden, than I ever expected. :) I'm looking forward for the new Kernel and Zaxxon Version. It already has very promising powersave features, good work. ^^

My buddy has an new Ipod Touch, nice little device and fair battery time when only listening music. But when it comes to gaming, it is empty in 1-2 hrs. :D
Not sure you understand me, currently USB is disabled by default because it wastes power, if you enable it battery will last 2-3 times less time when idle with screen off; when screen is on, the impact becomes maybe 20-30% as the screen+backlight can drain more that the whole OMAP.

Also this power saving thing won't help much on demanding programs (as well as non-demanding ones that are poorly coded) that never stop using the CPU, so it won't go much over 10 hours you had with the old kernel in such cases.

I have not installed B3 yet, how much ram can you gain with ZRAM before getting diminishing returns. Of course this depends on the compressibility of the data.

Also, is it possible to compress the swap file on an SD card as well? I feel the main problem with SD swap is the throughput, so a compressed swap file would increase throughput at the cost of CPU usage.

So when will UAE4All be updated to work on SuperZaxxon, so that the keyboard works? Or are there any other Amiga emulators available that do work with it?

I contemplated downgrading, but I can wait whilst I bide my time with the other emulators that do work.

So when will UAE4All be updated to work on SuperZaxxon, so that the keyboard works? Or are there any other Amiga emulators available that do work with it?

I contemplated downgrading, but I can wait whilst I bide my time with the other emulators that do work.

UAE4all starts up if you boot with the old kernel....no need to downgrade.

ok I'm finally home on my normal computer so I I'll retype what I had posted

here is the bugs I found, a lot have been mentioned, if so disregard and just mark them as "reconfirmed" these are running on beta 3

-gnuboy screen scaling is broken, only displays a screen the size of a quarter regardless of settings used

-usb charge doesn't work, it will show a light for a second, go off for about 3-4 min then come back on a sec then go back off, watched power drop while trying to play with plugged in

-power manager and charging off power supply is wonky in 3.x kernel. sometimes it won't recognize the state of the power supply, doesn't accurately show charge level swapping batteries will jump around between reseating battery and restarts

-shutdown broken in 3.x kernel, I can't shut down it will just hang forever at shutdown screen

-pandora wakes from suspend when it does see the external charger plugged in, screen doesn't enter low power state or screen doesn't shut off, saw lit screen on closed charging pandora this morning.

-screen brightness doesn't scale properly in minimenu and in desktop if you turn it one step below lowest screen will flicker, if all the way down then back up it will also not scale correctly and only take 2-3 steps before full brightness.

------

feature requests

-arrange icons add to right click menu, unable to move icons after removing an app

-change default color on minimenu settings menu to something more contrasting (i'm colorblind)

-option to change left/right click mapping to abxy or L & R instead of right nub

-indication of charging state in battery level indicator (icon or animation)

Back