Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 3 released

-option to change left/right click mapping to abxy or L & R instead of right nub

Normally, L & R act as Shift and Ctrl, so you would consider being able to click with Shift and Select (Ctrl) as well when using these settings. As of ABXY, they serve for pageup, pagedown, home, end; so you would overwrite some of them in the process, without necessarily having them assigned somewhere else.

-option to change left/right click mapping to abxy or L & R instead of right nub

Normally, L & R act as Shift and Ctrl, so you would consider being able to click with Shift and Select (Ctrl) as well when using these settings. As of ABXY, they serve for pageup, pagedown, home, end; so you would overwrite some of them in the process, without necessarily having them assigned somewhere else.
I'd be fine if there was the ability to swap them out like you can swap the left/right nub functions... I use click a lot more than pageup/dn/home/end anyway... I know that might be different than some, but the option would be nice I'm always accidently nub doing nub up when I mean to nub left or nub right =/

Last edited by a moderator:

Whichever forum moderator moved my post, please pm me. I would like to have a word with you.

Doing this, you loaded the shipped module, not the one you extracted.

You just had to do modprobe ehci-hcd, because it works out of the box.

You are half correct, I did not need the file, but I did need to modprobe 8192cu. Just reflashed and tested, modprobe ehci-hcd alone didn't work.

One quick feature request...

For the Wireless icon, have a separate icon for on / off. This would allow users to quickly see if it is already running or not ( eg gray out the signal indicators at the sides ).

If someone is working on icons, what about also having a changing icon for the overclocking, to indicate ( even to the nearest lowest 50 or 100 ) the current speed of the CPU. If limiting between 600 and 1000 at steps of 50, there would be 9 icons required.

As these two icons are very obvious on the main UI, this bit of visual tweaking would help make them a lot more user friendly for newbies, and a lot quicker to check for experienced users.

Mal

The icons for CPU and WiFi are currently just apps added to the XFCE-Bar... I'm not sure if XFCE can work with changing icons.

I'll try setting up a temporary icon, using that for the XFCE Menu Bar, replacing this one live and see if XFCE updates.

For the Wireless icon, have a separate icon for on / off. This would allow users to quickly see if it is already running or not ( eg gray out the signal indicators at the sides ).

Loosing space in the taskbar by indicating something that has a dedicated Led => where is the point ?

Sorry, misunderstood

Talking of Icons, I've got a very minor request :

Could the default icon for toggle wifi be changed to gnome-dev-wavelan found under Device icons on the preinstalled icons. This is a hi res icon which scales up nicely for those of us using a larger than normal taskbar.

I grabbed the file pandora-rootfs.tar.bz2 last week and used SD-installer. My boot screen says Zaxxon 1.5 beta 2.

Is there a file in the tar that one can view to find the version and HF of the rootfs?

Or a program on the pandora? sorry, I am a newbie and only had minimal experience with Debian and PCLinuxOS dual booted with XP. this is my first all-out Linux-only box and I want to understand it best I can.

How do I identify kernel, rootfs, and HF version on the Pandora and in the Tars themselves? So I can verify.

as it is I could end up with 3 different rootfs files all named the same and not know which version is which or when there is a new version for download.

Humor me please. thank you!

I'm no graphics designer, but I've quickly made 10 icons while we wait for more professional ones.

I don't know how attachments work here, so here's a link: http://ubuntuone.com/3ul9g3EqxSIOaqvQslCx4v (it's a .tar.gz containing 10 .svg images) ; each image is used for ±100 MHz, ±200 MHz, and up to ±900 MHz and ±1000 MHz. Anything over 1000 MHz would use that last icon and anything below 100 MHz... if that can even run the system, would use the very first icon.

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to Linux-SWAT for helping me understand the external wifi better. Battery life with it in the new kernel is fantastic.

I grabbed the file pandora-rootfs.tar.bz2 last week and used SD-installer. My boot screen says Zaxxon 1.5 beta 2.

Is there a file in the tar that one can view to find the version and HF of the rootfs?

Or a program on the pandora? sorry, I am a newbie and only had minimal experience with Debian and PCLinuxOS dual booted with XP. this is my first all-out Linux-only box and I want to understand it best I can.

How do I identify kernel, rootfs, and HF version on the Pandora and in the Tars themselves? So I can verify.

as it is I could end up with 3 different rootfs files all named the same and not know which version is which or when there is a new version for download.

Humor me please. thank you!
Use md5sum:

md5sum *

5e1a6b08be3da239e4612bdbfeffec63 SuperZaxxon-B1.zip

e1223a8ff86c02e2f929275dc35aecdb SuperZaxxonB2.zip

88cd56cc9f4139b60ca4ae3582739f30 SuperZaxxonB3.zip

6f27639a27a30041a86ed428f0fd643a Zaxxon-HF5.zip

d054be5427135352bf94daa55b7e999d Zaxxon-HF6-RC.zip

6579fa366689b0f3f5c689508028bdf5 Zaxxon-HF6.zip

748f61cd7d15532d9bad187bc0fcd285 Zaxxon-HF6a4.zip

bf3bd53eb42bd2dd4d51ec534b378e58 Zaxxon-HF7a2.zip

4bf96f524a0293764c5bdf978074b2fb Zaxxon-HF7a3.zip

d134c317dea235a47d9395075ec4647f Zaxxon-HF7b1.zip

fc99f4ecc6f74397465328db84bfc49c pandora-rootfs-HF5.tar.bz2

c67fda2203ac7066e8ece3e7f3a3bf80 pandora-rootfs-HF7a2.tar.bz2

f31fdb7f6944b6032f86d7fe59f749f0 pandora-rootfs-HF7a3.tar.bz2

6ae202328a306fbf7ce8bfa19b54188f pandora-rootfs-HF7b1.tar.bz2

2a41a859d85a26b4e58d5776281658b9 pandora-rootfs-SZB1.tar.bz2

4e75e089e201918b836c420cbdbcdcb2 pandora-rootfs-SZB2.tar.bz2

d8a28e771e6bf97dbef4326a857fcc7b pandora-rootfs-SZB3.tar.bz2

More funny, to know your current kernel version:

uname -r

^^

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to Linux-SWAT for helping me understand the external wifi better. Battery life with it in the new kernel is fantastic.
So a quick np ^^.

This firmware rocks, haven't run into any, real problems yet, audacious did mention some alsa thing missing but that seemed to dissapear after the first run....

I can't run fsck.vfat on this relase

openpandora:~$ sudo fsck.vfat /dev/mmcblk1p1

dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN

Seek to -1906978304:Invalid argument

openpandora:~$

Of course the SD is unmounted.

Related to this, would be useful to running a check of the cards periodically (once a month or so) at the startup? I have found errors in my cards sometimes.

I also found that midori has become astoundingly unstable from hotfix6 to this beta, but this is something I want to discuss in other forum before blame the firmware.

I couldn't get TV-out workig yesterday.

(PAL, composite)

The screen was black but the TV detected a TV-PAL device.

Old Kernel worked perfect.

Running 1.5 beta2 on an Sd card setup using SD_Installer.

Can I upgrade the kernel without upgrading the whole operating system? I just noticed that my Rebirth Edition displays only ~250MB RAM and was told that it was from the old kernel. Funny, the Pandora arrived with that same old kernel on the NAND also. It was not until I discovered and installed Conky that I noticed. Must be why I could not get Firefox to even start.

Only if you boot into the newer Kernel (hold right shoulderbutton while resetting and select with B-Button you can use the full ram. in 1.5 b2 there are both kernels available.

Only if you boot into the newer Kernel (hold right shoulderbutton while resetting and select with B-Button you can use the full ram. in 1.5 b2 there are both kernels available.

OK, I did that and it booted from the NAND.

1) Is there a way to boot the new kernel and still boot my SD OS?

2) Can I upgrade the kernel without upgrading the entire OS?

TV-out now worker after the second try today.

It was stable then.

There's still some start up problem.

One time it had a verry blurred picture (not the fault of the cable) when using PAL-composite but a good picture with NTSC-composit (TV is PAL).

When switching back to Pal there's that no Picture and no sound bug as described above.

I had rebooted and tried again. Maybe it was luck but it worked then.

After that I strained the cable a lot without any loss of quality.

Can someone else with a TV-out cable and in PAL region check this, please.

Back