Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 2 released

ok, so loaded up ncmpcpp mp3 player and note that it is no longer full screen, it is displaying the drag bar on the right. Not a big deal but it may not be specific to this application so thought I should advise.

Also the red light which normally comes on when the app is checking the music db is now staying on permanently.

I forget what people brought up in beta1, so I'll rhyme a few things off :)

experimental kernel (3.2.x whatever)

- I have occasional (not yet determined why) times when shutdown hangs when psplash is at last bit (the progress bar is complete)

firmware:

- codec pack mostly installs, but gstreamer might be having a problem; we may need to refresh codec pack (which is from may 2010.)

tv-out:

- anyone know if it works on experimental kernel, or known not to? I was using a hacked up cable so hard to tell, my real cable is at home and I'm not, right now :)

jeff

My pandora didn't manage to get into sleep mode once with the new kernel. It showed text mode with an error message from networkmanager, something about DBus. Was busy and didn't think of taking note of the message, will report properly if seen again. I was connected to a WLAN.

I think this is an old thing, but London, Paris, Moscow? Are these all the cities in Europe (with a distinct timezone from each other)?

So yeah, I think it should be possible to give Europe/Helsinki as the timezone. I checked with date and my pandora is now in moscow time zone :p (MSK).

@skeezix:

I thiink TV Out works, but only in S-Video currently.

I remember notaz added userspace support for TV Out in the earlier kernel, officially, you'd need to use a different kernel for the different TV Out Settings, so that has to be added once more.

@urjaman:

Well, these are the timezones provided by the tzdata from Angström :/

@skeezix:

I thiink TV Out works, but only in S-Video currently.

I remember notaz added userspace support for TV Out in the earlier kernel, officially, you'd need to use a different kernel for the different TV Out Settings, so that has to be added once more.
Yeah have to think how to do it mainline-compatible way, so it doesn't have to be done again and again on each update to newer mainline kernel.

Yeah, correct zoneinfo for Finland (and other countries using Eastern European Time) is available as /usr/share/zoneinfo/EET but that is not compatible with the way timezone is picked in the first run wizard (area/timezone). I can fix it on my own, but it is a bit inconvenient...

+1 also, but only because Linus is from Finland, otherwise i wouldn't care :D .

So I see that Bluetooth has issues currently on the new kernal. Wasn't their discussion of adding something called blueman??? to improve bluetooth. Has this been looked at. Sorry I know there's a million things to do but it would improve my use of the Pandora no end! :)

If I try setting the filter via

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_videofir.sh none_up

I get this error

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_videofir.sh: line 34: can't create /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/filter_coef_up_h: nonexistent directory

I'm not sure if changing the filter is having any effect from menu->settings either but I can't see the error message.

Don't know if it came up yet, but after resuming from suspend, panmame was a lot slower than before. I clocked at 800 before suspending and after it still showed 800 mhz, but even the neogeologo was stuttering.

The current stable is 2.6.27, consider that. 3.3 is not a big deal unless there's some really juicy bits in it that can't be back-ported.

A lot of androidstuff is merged with 3.3 could help a lot with mobile devices. Also support for the dsp out of the box.

How easy will it be to apply the tweaks being made to 3.2 for the Pandora, to 3.3

Back