Release Super Geometry Dust

First I thought... 'What a nice-looking small shooter'.

Then I played it, mashed all buttons and wondered "How the heck do you shoot?"

Then I touched the nub... and found out how awesome it REALLY is...

Great work! And I agree - online leaderboard would rock! If you need a server for that, contact me :)

After playing the game for a while, I predict this will be my favorite "just a quick game of something" game :)

That said, I'd like to see more game modes in addition to the "survival" type currently available. A level-based approach could work nicely here :) . You could even have different sized levels and possibly some obstructions, like walls or mines.

Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: for some reason my wlan connection always drops when playing this and then waits for me to reinput my wlan key. Any idea why?

I had the same issue running this with wifi enabled, when it looks to input a highscore, it actually seems to be putting this information into the wlan key section instead (can see that you're inputting hidden characters into a window behind the game one).

Other than that, it's a great game, very impressive indeed!! :) One little suggestion I'd like to see might be to have a little screen shake when an asteroid initially collides with the playfield?

Last edited by a moderator:
From reading everyone's comments and having played Geometry Wars on my WII, I'm REALLY looking forward to playing this :)

Please Craig, send me my Pandy soon....pretty please?

Oh wow, it's released already. Thank you very much for this. I just tried it briefly and it feels great.

I will be spending much time on this one.

I was stuck at around 40k points for a few games, but finally got the hang of this and scored ~114k ~122k ~171k. Share your high scores :)

Wermy: Btw, you aren't using a random number generator for enemy spawning, right? At least the first 5 spawns seems to be the same every time (green things, purple things, red things+asteroid landing, missiles, yellow things)

@Wermy : A video of you getting 750K or it didn't happen! :p

My Best 58K with a dodgy right nub, can't wait to give this a go with fully functional nubs when my repaired unit comes back to me.

That looks like a very nice mesh of two different games there. All I need is my pandora to ship to play it. Excellent work.

Holy awesomeness Batman! That is one great game, even better than the videos already suggested!

I'm at 142.439 right now, can't wait to beat 750k. ^^

One (small) thing I think feels a bit amiss: When shooting asteroids they about instantly split into their smaller parts without enough particles flying away so it seems more like they shrink instead of explode (conservation of mass anyone?). Maybe more particles for them or make them split into more parts, some of which would just explode a second later (like crumbling)?

Also I love the "fish"-enemies, those fishy looking things which move in a stop-and-go pattern, they really surprised me!

They music and sound effects are great too, really an astounding game!

A screen shake for asteroids like stouffa would be cool.

Also, I noticed that alle enemies on screen (except asteroids?) are instantly killed when using the bomb which seems odd as the ring is still traveling and hasn't reached them yet. I guess it would be to much work to only destory them after the ring reaches them? Could have some who try to flee the effect. ^^

For the future I think it could be neat if we would be allowed to set the random propability for the enemies in the options, that way we could switch off enemies we don't like or change how often a particular type shows up. :)

Ok I'll shut up now. :)

P.S.: Did I mention how great your game is? B)

My high score so far: 212.028. It's already my favourite homebrew title.

249.899 573.565

just as I was starting to wonder what's the point of even having nubs... you release this game

93k. Still absolutely brilliant. I still suck. I managed, once, to somehow get the calibration of the right nub out of wack. It is a lot more difficult when you can only shoot up :)

This really is a show-off title.

Fantastic job! Very impressive. It kind of brings me back to my childhood in that ancient period called the 80's playing asteroids and tempest, only WAY faster, harder and more fun! Much better looking as well and it definitely highlights how well the nubs can shine with a well made game.

THANKS!

Grr, why does one of the laser power ups shoot only at an angle with no laser shooting in the direction I press? I'm always doing fine until I get that powerup, after that I can't hit anything. It also doesn't help that dying gives exactly that powerup to start with most of the time, it's like the game saying,"You died? Well you suck anyways so here is a gun with which you won't hit anything and die even more". \:

But still a great game. ^^

Once I started the game with the 4 shot laser all powered up, I think it was right after I hit about 140k points and then died. Is there a connection or was that a bug/feature (or did I accidentally enter a cheat)?

Three bugs;

1. When you get a game over, you can still pause.

2. One time I got a powerup. 4-way burst. I lost my last life, then played again. But I started with the upgraded gun. I did not get a high score.

3. When you fire, return to the menu (while the bullets are still travelling), and start a new game, you can see the bullets you fired before.

Also, I really like the robotic voice; some more of that would be nice!

Back