Still trying to get the survey results

It's the survey results, as per the thread title.

Now, the survey should have been sent out to all remaining (Pandora) preorderers, so it should include all those who actually managed to get the survey, and responded to it selecting the price they'd like to pay. So it will effectively be the list of all remaining preorders, less a few.

If the text file is sane and has one record per line, a quick `wc -l $FILE` will do the trick.

Can't help you on non-sane operating systems.

Anyway, you can delimit each column of each record with either commas or tabs, save as a .csv file, and Excel should be able to work with it.

I'd be glad to convert the file to something Excel or LibreOffice can use.

So ED has a file he needs to format without losing any of the information!

What is Craig playing at? All this time on sorting the survey data out and now its...well crap!

Should be provided in the universal Excel format that everyone loves.

I too would be happy to have a look at the data - I convert data from one system to the other as part of my job.

Just be thankful ED's got the data now. Hopefully it's the complete set, so it just means a couple of hours at ED's end reformatting it, rather than more weeks of delays elsewhere.

Looks like ED needs to do a  bit of grep , pipe and sed work .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished replacing all nubs on Craigs PCBs (about 50, I guess).

These will go back to him on Monday and hopefully he'll start building and shipping units to those who have decided to get Classic Pandoras right away.

I'm sorting out the survey list (with a bit of help) and will update everyone who filled out the survey with status information via email soon.

We're still waiting for the screens, but once they arrive, it's shipping time again! :)

So we'll be seeing 50 classic Pandoras with fixed nubs for sale on GBAX in the next few days? I requested one of those but... Who knows if I am in the next 50 or if we'll be getting them. 

I hope he won't sell them on gbax, but gets them to some preorderers who decided they would be happy with a CC unit.

It is still strange why, if only the nubs were broken, he didn't repair them already a long time ago.

Edit: ED, as you have the list now, wouldn't it be better to build and ship those yourself?

Good to see the Pandora project is still rolling. Got my preorder many months ago in silver and a black one right when the production at GC started. Still love it, a very impressive piece of hardware (and software of course!).

I just finished replacing all nubs on Craigs PCBs (about 50, I guess).

These will go back to him on Monday and hopefully he'll start building and shipping units to those who have decided to get Classic Pandoras right away.

I'm sorting out the survey list (with a bit of help) and will update everyone who filled out the survey with status information via email soon.

We're still waiting for the screens, but once they arrive, it's shipping time again! :)
You send those boards back to him? Any guarantees that he doesn't sell them on ebay/gbax?

I hope he won't sell them on gbax, but gets them to some preorderers who decided they would be happy with a CC unit.

It is still strange why, if only the nubs were broken, he didn't repair them already a long time ago.

Edit: ED, as you have the list now, wouldn't it be better to build and ship those yourself?
He doesn't want to sell "refurbs" as new because that would be fraudulent!

ED has fixed some PCBs recently. which are getting sent back to Craig to sell in his shop.. to make money.. to give to Ed for the preorder queue of new rebirths.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES 

Did u not read eds post? Those fixed pcbs are for people who don't want to wait for a gc or 1gz from the pre order queue

Sure thing chief.

Offer the preorders a turd or a moldy cat... both horrible options.

Back