Steam Deck (using SteamOS) handheld by Valve

latest
Is that a BR-Minority Report crossover?!

Just realised what you meant:

The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months™. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.

Hmm, so it's using archlinux packages at base but it's not using archlinuxes pacman as a way to keep the system up to date. Instead you have to wait until valve release a new image with you just splat over the top. I wonder if pacman will be functionally there if you remount the filesytems as read/write.

I wonder if pacman will be functionally there if you remount the filesytems as read/write.
It would be good, in some ways, if that were the case but even if it isn’t then at least the end user has the ability to load a different distro/OS (even dual booting?) without first needing to jailbreak their Deck

A possible Android with a plan to destroy an Android. Could the Deckard be a possible Android VR-headset going to wipe-out the Quest (Android)?
Rumor and speculation: Deckard could have a relative, the Apple VR headset.
So Apple could run Steam + Steam VR on the headset. The Apple M1-line could be fast enough to be in the headset itself, and it's an ARM processor. The Android hybrid doesn't need to be x86, it could be Apple's ARM :confused:
Half-Life 3 confirmed! (not really) But might we get Half-Life Alyx on the Apple VR headset? Would be a good collection of games for a new VR headset that doesn't have exclusives yet, and Oculus/Facebook doesn't have those.
Steam does show M1 support in hardware survey already, so it could be possible.

Hopefully Steam Deck can force game makers not to use Kernel level Anti-Cheat any more.
An OS should not allow such security and privacy risks.
Anti-Cheat needs to be done via the server, not the client.

I'm waiting for the day when those "Anti-Cheat" software gets hacked or already contains malware on distribution.

Stay out of my Kernel!!

Did Valve started a trend for big gaming companies geting into Handheld PCs?

Well, that means more devices and one of them will not be the leader... so that means temporarily cheaper devices.
Possibly we'll see worse devices to, but at least you have some options.

Back