Dell Alienware: Concept UFO handheld/portable console (Windows gaming PC)

Want?

• Total voters

@kamui_kun

That's awesome, mate. I love your Super Famicom skin <3

I'm thinking of getting a/using a similar setup as you, only I want to go a bit bigger on screen size and specs.
I want to pair up a SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 (highest spec model) with an ipega 9167 :)

That's awesome, mate. I love your Super Famicom skin <3

Thanks!

About your setup, depends on what you plan to do with it.

Personally my priority is:
- Streaming my PC / PS4.
- Native retro emulation using RetroArch up to the Dreamcast.
- Saturn via Yaba Sanshiro, PSP via PPSSPP.
- DS via Drastic. Playing in portrait in HD looks and feels awesome! Way better than on my real 3DS.

So no GameCube / Wii / PS2 / 3DS emulation as the specs are not good enough, and no native Android games either as I don't care about that.

Even though the Tab S2 is old, it hold up pretty well for what I do, and the screen is still gorgeous in 2020: 8" 2048x1536 4:3 OLED.
I even recompiled Moonlight (PC Steaming) to support this resolution exactly and it's beautiful! I use Windows at 200%, so it feels like 1024x768 but with a crazy sharp image - super readable.

It's also really good for media consumption: Netflix, YouTube, VLC, books, manga and magazines reading, web surfing etc.

For the size, I've used many form factors over the years, and I find 8" to be the right size for me for a tablet. It's readable enough, very light and comfortable to hold.
I had a 10" Surface GO and found it to be too big and heavy as a handheld.
And 6" (GPD Win 2) is too small for my old eyes :p At least for Windows usage.

Though this is just my personal experience. If you do care about the latest Android games and stuff and highend emulation, and have strong arms then you'll probably be happy with the Tab S6 :D

Last edited:
Well, I'll be doing exactly what you're doing now. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Btw, I've noticed you haven't shown too much interest in the GPD Win MAX? Don't you love it?

Well, I'll be doing exactly what you're doing now. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Happy to help!

Btw, I've noticed you haven't shown too much interest in the GPD Win MAX? Don't you love it?

I'm very interested in the GPD Win Max, the specs and design looks awesome, but I have just one concern: How it feels in the hands.

I plan to use it as a handheld, not a laptop, but the Max seems a bit too big for that - the gaming controls looks uncomfortable, especially reaching the dpad and trackpad.

The focus in the design of the Max is clearly the keyboard, I wish they prioritized the gamepad.

Anyway, I hope GPD will start sending prototypes to YouTubers soon to have feedback on all of that.

Last edited:
For reference, here's how my tablet + ipega thing looks like.

It's perfectly comfortable, light, and PC streaming works great. I also like the screen / resolution, very sharp and 4:3 ratio is perfect for retro games. I can set it to portrait mode too. The downside: PC streaming only works at home :3

Though I really like it!

636.png
I tired this before but the ipega controller I had was one button short and you couldn't map the xbox guide button so big picture mode didn't work as well on it. Is the home button on that version you have mappable?

Is the home button on that version you have mappable?

No idea, I never use the Xbox guide button... Do you mean in Android or in the streamed PC? What tool are you using for mapping?

This Ipega doesn't require any mapping on Android and acts as an XInput gamepad. I use JoyToKey on the streamed PC when I need mouse / keyboard mappings.

Also, on Moonlight you can tap with 3 fingers on the screen to display a keyboard in case you need a shortcut or something not mapped, I use the Hacker's Keyboard app which displays a full keyboard.

No idea, I never use the Xbox guide button... Do you mean in Android or in the streamed PC? What tool are you using for mapping?

This Ipega doesn't require any mapping on Android and acts as an XInput gamepad. I use JoyToKey on the streamed PC when I need mouse / keyboard mappings.

Also, on Moonlight you can tap with 3 fingers on the screen to display a keyboard in case you need a shortcut or something not mapped, I use the Hacker's Keyboard app which displays a full keyboard.
Sorry, I didn't see the android UI from the glare, I thought you were using a windows tablet.

Back