Release Starcraft

Makes me wonder what's the purpose of that CD though.
The master disc should just be the usual copy of the game, only that it's the master from which all mass production copies would be made. It's not like mass production facilities need the game's source code to press all the copies of the release version...

Any ideas getting this to run on a RasPi 2 model B devboard? I once compiled wine on raspberry pi but it failed to run starcraft.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware 1.18 does not work on ARM

Last edited:
Any ideas getting this to run on a RasPi 2 model B devboard? I once compiled wine on raspberry pi but it failed to run starcraft.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware 1.18 does not work on ARM

I'm not sure what OS your running, but the version of WINE that is now in the jessie and stretch repositories should just run it. I have it working on the OMAP5 devboard without issues. You just need to apt install it.

If you do get it to run, it may be sluggish, you will need to configure wine DirectDrawRenderer setting to gdi, I think it defaults to opengl now.

This is also my startup script I use to launch it:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-arm
export WINE_FBDEV_USE_SCALER=1
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. setarch linux32 -L wine libscr_sa_arm.exe.so

You may be able to remove the WINEPREFIX line, I just do this as the ARM version of WINE interferes with exagear desktop's x86 WINE..

I'm running Jessie Raspbian
When I do :
Code:
sudo apt install wine
the response is:
Code:
Reading packages lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package wine is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source

E: Package 'wine' has no installation candidate
Obviously apt installing it isn't going to work, so either there is probably a source I need to add or maybe wine for Jessie raspbian just doesn't exist

It was dynamically recompiled, i.e. binary to binary. Unless I missed something, there is no source.

Wrong caine, it was statically recompiled, there are sources, obviously not the original sources... And I think the decompiled sources were not released.

In the op post, the author talks about c code, with the win 32 api handled by winearm lib. He released patch to winearm as he had to modify it a bit.

Wrong caine, it was statically recompiled, there are sources, obviously not the original sources... And I think the decompiled sources were not released.
Ehhh...yes you are correct. Brainfart. Apologies for the misinformation.

Oh, so the detailed story is the second link on that page, and fwiw isn't written by Notaz. It's not really about the static recompilation job that Notaz did; the tool I think that guy was porting had source, so it's more akin to the kind of thing ptitseb does when porting windows sources with wine and glshim to Pandora.

But thanks for the pointer in any case, it was an interesting read.

Back