Release Starcraft

Update is on the repo (build 6):

Updates:

(wine hack) rshift+click (aka left-shoulder+click) now acts as rightclick (latest firmware update required)

(wine hack) converted to simple integer resampling instead of float based sinc one (avoids severe slowdowns when certain sounds play)

Fixed recompilation issues that caused:

- custom scenarios not to work

- crash on landing flying terran buildings

- crash in expansion protoss mission 1

- incorrect zerg hatchery placement limitation

Firmware update is required for shoulder-click because xfwn4 eats shift+click events as it thinks you're moving the window. I've hacked it to not do that on fullscreen windows that can't be moved anyway (alternative was to hack wine even more but that would have been very painful).

I think I fixed all bugs I knew about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, it works under Slackware, but as i use fbset -depth 32 colors as default, the screen is weird.

I suppose it will be work to add this color conversion ?

I tried to switch on the fly some time ago, but i think X crashed. Is there a trick there ?

I can confirm that multiplayer works with the latest release.

Notaz are you going to be able to update the EXE with a diff for Starcraft if Blizzard issues an update in a few years?

PYRA may be able to play it natively so there wouldn't be any need for hacking like this ...

Why do you believe this? There is currently no plans for an X86 version of the Pyra..

Many thanks! I know many guys who will be totally jealous of me having Starcraft on a portable device.  :D

Notaz are you going to be able to update the EXE with a diff for Starcraft if Blizzard issues an update in a few years?
PYRA may be able to play it natively so there wouldn't be any need for hacking like this ...

Of course it will.  However I'm referring to Blizzard possibly offering a new minor version to work around say a Windows 9 incompatibility.  It would be nice to know that notaz could offer an updated version without doing all of the work over again.

Back