Spot

so basically... you are saying... it's running so fast that it blurs on the lcd screen of the gp2x? holy crap...

Sounds fantastic. Although I imagine the reason it might be blurring is because the BLU firmware underclocked a lot, iirc, didn't it?

I would imagine so, if anyone knows how fast the blu firmware runs, I'm all ears :)

There's no Dyanrec or JIT techniques used here. Just another MMU hack, Data abort exception handler, and running the Gp32 code completely native (which is currently interrupted 7,200 times a second to process i/o requests, LCD screen registers, LCD redrawing, etc...)

Dunno :(

Maybe the best thing would be to find that pllsetting program for the mmsp2? Then I could calculate what it should be running at in the emu.

Squidge said:
There's no Dyanrec or JIT techniques used here. Just another MMU hack, Data abort exception handler, and running the Gp32 code completely native (which is currently interrupted 7,200 times a second to process i/o requests, LCD screen registers, LCD redrawing, etc...)
Great stuff, squidge :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs said:
didnt the fw run at 40 or 66mhz?
I do recall it ran at 66mhz. For a short time when I was a GP32 newb I actually thought the GP32 HAD a 66mhz processor because that's what it "natively" ran at in the firmware.

Luckily, I haven't been a newb in a long time.

well, the official developers thought so as well, thats why most of the official games run at the speed the fw sets :)

zodttd said:
See Spot run?
Unlikely, it's currently running on a different system (but arm based) simply because it was easier and no linux or other OS to get in the way (so it just runs on the hardware directly). It could be ported to the GP2X via HH or a Linux Kernel module, but I've just no motivation (or time, currently) to do that.

Maybe I'll port a later version later on in the year? Perhaps towards the end of summer?

yeah, that's a great idea. kernel module with open2x and there you go: gp2x with built in backwards compability!!!

Back