Spot 0.02

...but how will I fit my 128mb SMC in the back of my 2x? :)

Great work, looking forward to seeing something usable!

Oh my Squidge, Squidge, you are God, no, wait, you are the Gods of the Gods of Coding!!! All praise Squidge!!! What shalt we humble followers of thy highness do to appease thy wrath?!? Shalt we sacrificeth a virgin?!? Giveth thee Paypal donations?!? Oh my Squidge!!! And the speed!!! Only a God can achieve such a speed, it's a fact, and I know what I'm talking about since I have strictly no idea of what coding consists in and I think of computers as magic black boxes!!!

Oh yeah, just what I've been waiting for :D
Just remember a thread ~5 months ago, in which everybody said emulating GP32 on 2X would be impossible; and now ;) ......
I actually never had a GP32, but I wanted one about 3 years ago. But then the DS came and I waited for the 2x (and me having this lot of money :p ) and now I'm standing here, without having a GP32 :( .
Please, could someone write down a list of some very good homebrew games / ports and emus on the GP32?? thx

and, squidge:
stay cheesey, you god of emulation :lol:

gp32_console forever

I've been using my GP32 this week (long train journey that I knew the GP2X wouldn't last) and I must say it does play some games much better - the Doom port is definitely smoother and faster. Also the port of Another World is superb - I'm definitely going to get into it this time...

Then of course there where the 'Nazca' games too...

Can't wait to see some more progress on this Squidge...

Glad to see the improvement in the emulator! :) I look forward to seeing it get to a fully useable level.

Now, I don't know how the thing's internals work, but might I offer a suggestion? Can you make it so you can use command line stuff to open a GP32 app/game/etc. directly instead of going through the menu system? That'd particularly make things like the emulators that're better on the GP32 very nice to use.

Great news, havn't got time to test it at the moment but im looking forward to playing xroar on my 2x as this progresses, thank you squidge :D

Thanks for the comments :)

Yes, the idea is that eventually you'll be able to launch applications directly, and that the GP32 firmware will also be rewritten (HLE'd).

I'll be certain to keep y'all updated. Just working on the SMC emulation now, which will work of a small embedded smartmedia image for the time being (don't really have the ram to load an entire smc into memory, and can't access the sd card easily as Linux is put to sleep when Spot starts up).

That reminds me, I remember buying PD for the GP32, but I've no idea where it is now :(

Anyone still have it?

Yeah i bought it too, but I also dont know if i still have it.. i will take a look and hopefully find it :/

edit: yippie i still got it :) still on my SMC card!

It's great to hear that Squidge has made a GP32 emu, as I never got to try the GP32. ;) All I can say is that the impossible keeps being done on these forums by talented coders like Squidge, so I should hope that it continues that way so that we can get more of the stuff we really want. ^_^

I surely still have it sitting on my computer and on a card or 2. That game was tits..I wonder if its almost safe to start inquiring about things like gp fight that I always wanted to play but couldnt find a copy when I had cash.

Megagun said:
Anyone found my lower jaw?
I seem to have lost it
:/
Shadowsithe said:
How impressed should I be? On a scale of DaveC to PurpleGoat.
dont have much to ad :)
still impressed though i never owned an gp32...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'ld like to know if this project is temporarily stopped or not, and if there are concrete possibilities that GP32 homebrew and commercial games work in the next/near future.

Thanks for any answer.

Mr 2X said:
I'ld like to know if this project is temporarily stopped or not, and if there are concrete possibilities that GP32 homebrew and commercial games work in the next/near future.

Thanks for any answer.
I'd love to know too. I had heard about the GP32 a while back, but I was unable to afford getting one. Now, I have a GP2X, and I want to check out some of the homebrew games that were created for it. I guess that this is the result of Squidge's break from emulation efforts? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back