Release Smokin' Guns

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Smokin'Guns, a StandAlone FPS using Quake 3 Arena engine.

preview1.png
The game is an Arena oriented game set in a Western theme. It features bots also so single player is possible.

You should change the default setup at first start.

I have added all the customization from my other Q3A Engine ports, like Mouse Button on Shoulder (deactivable by putting the file .noshouldermb in apddata/smokinguns), Left nub as Joystick and Right nub as Mouse (changeable with the files left_nub and right_nub inside appdata/smokinguns), and a full GLES renderer.

Bots are available for Single Player, but may use quite some CPU, so don't expect super high framerates on SinglePlayer.

History log

========

Build 03

-----------

• New QVM with Dynarec
Build 02

-----------

• Relaxed memory check
  • Improved default setting (smaller textures, better keys)
Build 01

----------

• Initial build
  • Compatible with latest SGX Video Drivers
  • Left nub as Joystick and Right nub as mouse (change that with left_nub and right_nub files in appdata/smokinguns)
  • Mouse buttons on Shoulder buttons (deactivable by putting a file named .noshouldermb inside appdata/smokinguns)
  • Entry to the Alive and Kicking Coding Competition 2013/2014

For those interested, the sources are here: https://github.com/ptitSeb/SmokinGuns

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Amazing work yet again ptitSeb!

At the risk of repeating myself :D ...

THANK YOU!

The master of Quake3 engine strikes again. Excellent!

Nice, i wanted to check this out long ago but it worked a bit weird on my PC.

That was a great mod even if i didn't really played online.

Gosh that was yeaaaaaars ago...

New release on the repo. It should works on all model without Swapfile now.

Build 02

-----------

• Relaxed memory check
  • Improved default setting (smaller textures, better keys)

Will increasing clock speed affect performance? Minimenu suggests that it is being set to 800 MHz automatically.

won't open for me. original pandora.

edit: my os is still on superzaxxon 5a. probably need to update :p

Will increasing clock speed affect performance? Minimenu suggests that it is being set to 800 MHz automatically.
Yes, cpu can make a difference, that why I put a default overclock to 800MHz.

won't open for me. original pandora.

edit: my os is still on superzaxxon 5a. probably need to update :p
Yes, you probably have to. I tried it on CC with minimenu, and it worked (but it was up to date @ superzaxxon 1.60)

Is there a way to override the default? I'd like to try it at 1GHz and see how it performs with bots. Been super fun so far. Thanks a lot, ptitSeb!

Is there a way to override the default? I'd like to try it at 1GHz and see how it performs with bots. Been super fun so far. Thanks a lot, ptitSeb!
I think there should be a way be creating an ovr file. Try a file names smokinguns_ptitseb.ovr or smokings.ovr (depending on the name of the PND) and put

Code:
[Application-0]
clockspeed 1000

I think there should be a way be creating an ovr file. Try a file names smokinguns_ptitseb.ovr or smokings.ovr (depending on the name of the PND) and put

[Application-0]
clockspeed 1000
Should that go in the appdata folder?

[Application-0]
clockspeed 1000
Should that go in the appdata folder?
No, in the same folder of the PND file.

Back