Release Enemy Territory: Legacy

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is ET: Legacy, the open project aimed to improve Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

preview1.png

Note that the data files are not included. But there are free and can be obtained on the net (here for example http://www.etlegacy.com/) if you don't have them already and the "etmain" folder be putted in apddata/etlegacy (it's the "etmain" folder, weighting 250Mo, not the "legacy" folder that is already included in the PND).

Also, to play online, you will need an etkey (to be put iside the etmain folder). You can generate your own key here: http://etkey.org/

/!\ If you want to host a game, you will need a Swapfile. 512Mo RAM user should be ok to Join games without Swapfile /!\
/!\ CC user (256Mo models) will need a Swapfile for this games /!\
 ​
Nubs are configurable (see left_nub and right_nub inside appdata/etlegacy/home) and are configured to Left nub=Joystick (move) and Right nub = Mouse (look) by default.

There is a default key map, with keys similar to other FPS release.

History log

========

Build 02

----------

• Update to 2.71rc2
  • Pandora is now officialy supported, you can now connect to etlegacy.com server!

Build 01

----------

• Initial release
  • Configurable nubs (see left_nub and right_nub inside appdata/etlogacy/home)
  • Defaut is Right nub for Joystick (move) and Left nub for Mouse (Look)
  • Mapped Right shoulder to Left clic and Left shoulder to Right clic
  • Default keymap
  • A swapfile may be needed

For those interested, here are the diff sources to apply against the latest git: etlegacy_pandora.tar.gz, or use this fork here; https://github.com/ptitSeb/etlegacy

Attachments

• etlegacy_pandora.tar.gz
    24.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited by a moderator:
We need an "official" Openpandora Server - no external mice/keyboards allowed, only the handheld and its nubs :)

Just a heads-up...

I downloaded the Windows version of the game from the official site link you provided.  The etmain folder doesn't contain any .pk3 files, they are in the legacy folder - etmain is just .cfg files.

I copied the .pk3 files into etmain but it still doesn't run.  The error prompt states that essential files are missing - couldn't load default.cfg.

There is no default.cfg in the zip file I obtained from the official site.

Hum, there are 2 things. The legacy folder contains all the ET: Legacy pk3 & config files. This, is already include in the PND, and the PND version is the right one to use (with the arm binary and config file customized to the Pandora).

Here is what is include in the PND:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  1106279 2013-08-13 22:55 cgame.mp.arm.so
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   681511 2013-08-13 22:55 etl_bin_v2.70rc1.pk3
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root    16384 2013-08-11 16:44 omni-bot
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17399565 2013-08-13 22:55 omnibot-linux-latest.tar.gz
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  2492797 2013-08-13 22:55 pak3_v2.70rc1.pk3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  1094508 2013-08-13 22:55 qagame.mp.arm.so
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   363354 2013-08-13 22:55 ui.mp.arm.so

What is needed in the etmain folder is the data from Wolfenstein: Enemy Territoy, that are used by ET: Legacy.

They should be include in the Full Installer, or you can find them on the original ID Software server or at many orther place. The data weights 250Mo.

Here is my etmain folder

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       308 2003-05-04 15:04 campaigncycle.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    847872 2005-03-10 14:00 cgame_mp_x86.dll
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        15 2003-03-03 14:40 description.txt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        28 2013-08-10 14:54 etkey
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15826 2008-12-09 07:30 example.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       154 2003-05-13 19:04 hunkusage.dat
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       385 2003-05-08 16:56 lmscycle.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   1638102 2005-03-10 14:00 mp_bin.pk3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       385 2003-05-08 16:56 objectivecycle.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 228138631 2003-05-27 15:35 pak0.pk3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root     51616 2003-09-05 20:26 pak1.pk3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root     89910 2005-03-10 14:00 pak2.pk3
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      1750 2003-05-21 00:29 punkbuster.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    880640 2005-03-10 14:00 qagame_mp_x86.dll
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      3931 2003-05-19 13:22 server.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      2301 2003-05-27 13:15 stopwatchcycle.cfg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    258048 2005-03-10 14:00 ui_mp_x86.dll
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     16384 2013-08-11 16:50 video

Hope it helps (once fixed, I'll change the text in first post accordingly, I can see it's not clear at all)

Networking is extreeeme Slow,

It Connect to Servers but need up to 20 Hours for Downloading a Level.

My GHZ Pandora have a good Wlan Chip and fast Connections.

I tried ISDN,Modem,Lan but all connections are veryyy slowly.

Is this a Bug,can you test this too Ptitseb?

Hey there, if got the same problem with the Internet-Connection. Is there a way to fix/bypass/ whatever this?

Well, I'm testing. No problem on my side, it downloaded 23 Mo of pk3 in less than a minute (but I'm using a Wifi dongle). 

First server downloaded everything but I can't connect because the "Poison bomb" was unknown.

Second one needed a password.

Third one downloaded 4Mo with no problems, but again crashed on the "Poison Bomb", because first server crap was somehow still active :(

So, after a (difficult, damn, that first server crap is like a virus) restart (and some cleaning inside appdata/etlegacy/.wolf), I tried again.

This one download 6Mo of sound with no difficulty, and than 23Mo of data at good speed (500K/s) and many other 5 to 6 Mo pk3... but still crashed for some unknown token.

So maybe there is a problem somewhere, but more with the packaging? I have to check :(

Never played ET, I guess I should try it, looks nice on the pandora. But does this game has bots? For some offline rounds or so?

Also, to play online, you will need an etkey (to be put iside the etmain folder). You can generate your own key here: http://etkey.org/
You don't need to do this. If there is no etkey, ET:L client will generate one for you automatically.

I copied the .pk3 files into etmain but it still doesn't run.  The error prompt states that essential files are missing - couldn't load default.cfg.

There is no default.cfg in the zip file I obtained from the official site.
This error message is confusing. We'll have to improve it. Like ptitSeb told you, original Enemy Territory datafiles are required, but we cannot ship them with ET:L due to legal reasons, however, there is an option in the Windows installer that will download and copy the datafiles for you automatically. You probably missed that step.

Never played ET, I guess I should try it, looks nice on the pandora. But does this game has bots? For some offline rounds or so?
Yes, they are called Omni-bot, but they must be hosted on a 32-bit linux or Windows server.

PC Version Crash too on some Servers,not your fault :)
It shouldn't. If it does, we don't know about it and if we don't know about it, we can't fix it. Please submit a bug report.

NOTE: you will not be able to connect to any existing server from Pandora, because the server needs to have mod libraries for your architecture. Currently the only mod that supports your arch is the base "legacy" mod of course. When ptitSeb merges all his changes with our repository, we will be glad to ship mod libs for OpenPandora in our next release and add them to our test server. It won't be as easy with other mods though. Most of them are closed-source and only a few are still actively maintained.

Hi, and welcome here.

About merge, it should be complete now. I have to make a test build now.

Also, maybe I will try to compile and package the Omni-Bot on the Pandora. I have no idea of how cpu hungry they are, and if it can be useable on the Pandora.

And a big Thanks for adding official support of the OpenPandora on ET:Legacy :)

Nice, now it indeed has an "official touch", Pandora gets it's well deserved attention outside of the Community. ^^

Bots would be cool, I play Multiplayer modes with bots since old Unreal days (which had excellent bots) and later I made my own Real-Bot waypoints for Half Life Team Fortress Classic Maps. I've spent months with that and at the end I guess the bots were acceptable sparring partners. Good old days. :)

No joy so far. I untared the linux version but couldn't seem to find the files. I installed the windows version and copied the files that were available in etmain and legacy that matched your listing. Still couldn't find several of them. It runs and I connected to a server and it downloaded files pretty quickly, but then I got an error. It was too small to read, but some a missing or incorrect token. I haven't played ET in awhile, but it is a good game. Hopefully we can get this playable. The nub configuration is a little confusing as it is the opposite of pandora default.

Back