"Smach Z is Back!" ...?

True, it's a skinny player holding the device close to the camera. Still big, but more of a shake-shoe than a skate-board I think,

Also, I wonder what kind of vents this thing has for the sort of power budget that CPU has. That one vent at the back looks a little narrow and is likely to sound a bit noisy I reckon, especially if it's the only outlet this thing has.

Man, if the Smach Z still manages to come out after being blown out by GPD Win, I won't even need EvilDragon in order to have faith in the Pyra. Apparently, anything will come out if you just wait long enough.

*starts holding breath on new Sega console*

giphy.gif

I see the unit has some fans already.
WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, THE FAN IS TO LOUD!... xD
Really, that noise would annoy me within a second. And what a brick the Smach Z is, I remember the Atary Lynx well, I guess the battery runtime is also as low as the abysemal one from the Lynx.

Reminds me , I need to get and try a steam controller. Still have never tried one

70 minutes playtime at 25W max? People were complaining when the Lynx topped out at 4 hours.

Still, remains to be seen what it'll do at a more moderate wattage, but that's not the most promising initial stat.

70 minutes playtime at 25W max? People were complaining when the Lynx topped out at 4 hours.

Still, remains to be seen what it'll do at a more moderate wattage, but that's not the most promising initial stat.

I think Phawx said that when he removed 24GB of the 32GB it had, power draw dropped by 20W. So amount of RAM looks to be a huge factor. I don't think the standard model has anywhere near that amount of RAM

I think Phawx said that when he removed 24GB of the 32GB it had, power draw dropped by 20W. So amount of RAM looks to be a huge factor. I don't think the standard model has anywhere near that amount of RAM
True. Didn't he say in that video it had two sodimm slots? I guess if he had a couple of 4GB sodimm's floating about he could have swapped them in, assuming they need to be matched pairs.

Didn`t he say, that he disabled SMP or 2 Cores and then the power consumption dropped by 20%?

Back