Slackware for Pandora 14.1

You are right. But most time I am offline. Or is there a database file I can use offline ?

Thanks for the tip.

I found a way to run the Arduino IDE 1.0.4 (pnd is not running directly). Not from sbopkg - this makes errors at install (no ARM version).
But it is not perfect.

How to run Arduino IDE in Slackware
Java is needed, so install it.
Use a hub or the OTG port as its USB 1.1
Start Arduino in Slackware. Copy /mnt/utmp/hdonk_arduino dir to your Slackware SD
eg. ~/arduino. Copy ~/arduino/avr dir to ~/avr. In ~/arduino/arduino.sh outcomment
all (gksudo gives error) but the last 2 lines. The first time start in ~/arduino
with ./arduino.sh. This makes needed PATH. The next time start with
sh ~/arduino/arduino/arduino.

What I found so far :

- Software seems to work so far when started as root so you have to copy the avr dir into /root/avr dir too
- working with Arduino nano
- no connection with Leonardo, is showing /dev/ttyACM0 and HiD in dmesg but not in Arduino
- as I have no Uno I could not try ; maybe someone can test it.

Why not as user ? No serial port showing.
I tried to add user to group dialout but that doesn't help - it frezzes the Pandora after starting Arduino, only mouse cursor moving.
What is dialout for , because it is set in pnd and even in SZ /etc/group ? root is not in dialout in Slackware and it works.
I get the error messages " no permission to create lockfile" when java is trying /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyO0-/dev/ttyO3 at start.
As root all is ok.
Maybe someone can help here.

Check permissions on the /dev/* you need and add yourself to the groups, then log again.

I checked permissions of /dev/ttyO1 which is owned by root an rw by group dialout (thats why dialout group!) but as written, when I set user to dialout the system seems to hang when using Arduino menu. I set /dev/ttyO1 rw for all and now it shows up in serial ports in the IDE but it says "error lock file" again. I checked in the net and found there is a /var/lock dir. After setting it to rw for user all
works well (maybe this should do the dialout group too). I hope not doing something wrong.
So far I am happy with it. Thanks for kind and fast help.
Have I said I love Slackware?

Edit : After a test there seems a problem with the libs. They are not found as user. When trying to compile I
get a stdlib.h not found error. As root all is working. Further checking.

Last edited:
Some good news. I found the missing path. So you have to add ~/avr/avr/include to the
PATH too and all is working. Another one is the freeze problem. Maybe this is because of the Open Java I am using as other Java programs like MediathekView and TVBrowser are two programs sometimes I have to start two or three times until they work. When freezing in Arduino at start you need not do a hard reset because the shutdown menu is still working. You can end the session and login again. This is faster than a reboot. So I hope all is ok. Maybe I try the version from sbopkg again - thought I tried the source version which needs lots of SD space as mentioned.

Edit : tried again the source version called Arduino with the same result.
Error Target "${platform}-build" does not exist in the project "Arduino". In the xml file only Mac,Win
and Linux 32/64 are shown. So maybe I try an older version from the web site.

Edit 2 : After checking the web some have a solution for Arduino on ARM but its a bit tricky.
I got avidemux from sbopkg working after changing two files. Anyone interested ?

Last edited:
Hmm I can´t get all the updates to work... some of them just won´t compile. Fontforge for example. Is that normal? Or am I doing something wrong?
I usually do sbopkg and then sync. After that I install the queue..

I have two things. When trying Bluetooth with toggle it always says "enabling.. " also the
LED is not going off and after a reboot the LED is on from the start. Whats that?

2. I have a controller board with a CP2102 USB/serial interface that does not connect
(no "connect as /dev/ttyUSB0 "). Is the module missing / how can I fix it?

Edit : I found that I need a file cp210x.ko but it seems all I can get is for Intel. Or is there help?

Last edited:
I have to fix LEDs after suspend with the next major release, but it's not a priority.

Do you use a hub ? Usually those adapters are USB 1.

Just a curiosity question: I installed Slackware 14.1, no problems at all. I downloaded from the repository the node.tar.gz, expanded to a folder, copied the node-v0.12.7.tar.gz into the folder and then executed ./node.SlackBuild. That was nearly 12 hours ago...... does anyone know how long it will take to create the node*_SBo.tgz file?

I did run Gslapt and updated to the 14.1 repository, but when I do a search for "node" I do not get any results. The question I have here is: "if" node did appear in the list, would it just download the end result node*_SBo.tgz file and install it straight away? Is there an FTP site with all the end result *.tgz files already?

Better use sbopkg :
http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/Slackware#Installing_a_program_from_source

Dependency check :
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/development/nodejs/

Dunno for the compilation time.
Let the thing finish, but maybe try another build later with optimizations mentioned in the SL4P wiki.
[doublepost=1460583773,1460583690][/doublepost]About the pre-compiled archives, I don't ship nodejs, but I may.
Here's the repo :
http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=sl4p/sl4p-14.1/packages
Check the wiki for explanations.

About the pre-compiled archives, I don't ship nodejs, but I may.
Here's the repo :
http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=sl4p/sl4p-14.1/packages

Ah! I missed the multi-paging of the files in the sub-folders. Excellent news.

Yeah, I followed the instructions about sbopkg....I'll just leave it compiling, so long as it finishes before I have to get on a plane on Sunday :)

Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: It finished @ 23:50...started at 08:30 this morning.

Last edited:
What I found with Gparted : when starting as user the format menu only shows hfs and
nothing else so I used SZ all the time. After a try from CLI as root all works. So I have to
work as root for Gparted.

What I found about Gparted : as normal user I cannot format a partition (only hfs selectable) so I used SZ. After trying as root all is ok.

Back