Slackware for Pandora 14.1

3. should work with autostart.

Maybe you have to create an intermediate script put in background with &, and where kalarm is launched after a sleep.

Ok, made a script and put in autostart and worked !!

I know why I use Slackware. Thanks for quick help.

Joachim

I tried Kradio for internet. With ogg stream it worked, but with mp3 I get the error "plugin not found".

is there a solution or a program that works ?

Edit : I got PyRadio working which has CLI. This uses mplayer and a Stationslist. Also nice.

Last edited:
soma is working so far and looks nice. How can I add other stations / delete ones which don't work? Thanks for the tip.
Edit : found stations.conf; editing is working but my stations are not played (no stream; working in pyradio)

One more question: as Slackware has no mp3 codec (I suppose), can I copy them from SZ and how?
Have a nice start to 2016.

Joachim

Last edited:
Thanks, you too !
Never used soma.

You can install lame if you want to encode mp3.
I don't package it because of a license issue.

Thanks for the tip with lame. Now Kaffeine can play music and Videos.
For soma I asked the programmer but his tip is not working for me :-(

Ok, I hope I found the ultimate combo in streamtuner / streamripper so I can listen to internet and
also the local music and with streamripper I can record the stream (just click record). Both are
in sbopkg. Nice program with lots of stations.

Edit : after testing new stations , I see it has problems with playlists so take care.

Edit2 : streamripper seems to work with playlists

Last edited:
After installing lame with sbopkg it is working from CLI. I can find it in /usr/bin but when I try to use
it in ffmpeg with mpeg3lame I get an error. Is there a trick ?

How can I do that, I don't know.

Edit : I found something in internet. This is what I did:
Installed version of ffmpeg is 2.1
via sbopkg I downloaded version 2.6.3
installed as user with ./configure --enable-libmp3lame .. stayed 2.1 version
installed as root - result as above
reboot - and deinstalled version 2.1 via gslapt
installed as above as user > ffmpeg not found, installed as root with same result
what can I do ?

Edit2 : I tried to install version 2.6.3 via sbopkd but it hangs when showing ffmpeg-2.6.3/README.md
after a long list , so I got back to 2.1 via Gslapt. So how can I get lame support?

Last edited:
This is what I did :
the ./configure made a file cinfig.mak where --enable-libmp3lame is shown
so I tried a make install and after some looong hours and a reboot I have a version with mp3
support. Yippieh!
Thanks for the help.

Some good news :
after a lot of trying with KRadio 4.0.7 from KDE without success I installed ver 4.0.8 from repo and it worked. Playing music and internetradio with recording ! But seems no playlist.

You know why I like Slackware.

EDIT : playlists also working - I like it !

Last edited:
I have a question @ Linux-SWAT :
In the last days I installed a lot via sbopkg and I found something strange. When installing some progs and going back again to install more without exiting before I see sometimes in top a command (or two) gksu that uses about 95% cpu so for the install I have only 5%. This gksu even stays on after exiting sbopkg so I have to kill it by myself. I tried to kill it while running sbopkg and it seems to work. Now I have 95% for sbopkg and the install is a LOT faster.
So is this a bug or a feature and can I just kill gksu without problems (seems so)?

I do so. First su - then sbopkg. At start there is no gksu in top, it comes later as described above.
Can I just kill it ? There seems no problem, just the build process is faster.

Edit : right now it happened again when installing gstreamer with sbopkg I get 2 commands gksu each using about 47% cpu so cc1 just having 5% and very slow. I killed both with 9 and all seems fine.

Gksu doesn't come from nowhere, what is triggering it ?
Yes, you can killall -9 gksu .

I guess this gksu comes from the build/install process. But it is just a bit annoying and I check in top for it so I can kill it.
But I have a bigger problem : When installing gstreamer1 and plugins with sbopkg a lot of programs were working like exaile, clementine, radiotray or kradio. Then I removed gstreamer to try something
and now no more of them work - even Calibre. Just kradio is working even after reinstalling gstreamer1. Any hint ? I would like to work with Calibre. A new install didnt help.

I highly doubt gksu comes from sbopkg.

About gstreamer, maybe files in common with another package were removed, but I really can't help here.

Back